Jason Strudwick Show

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
For those of you still listening to Oilers now I highly recommend listening to Strudwick. Its refreshing not only listening to a a broadcaster that has been in the NHL and knows the ins and outs. When he says "trust me" I believe it. Plus he's alot more objective. I don't blame Stauffer I wouldn't want to slag my boss either but he's in a hard position. Even Stauffer says "I try to be as objective as I can". Struds is a really funny guy too.

He was fired up last night give it a whirl.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1260/the-jason-strudwick-show-jan-13-post-game-show-1.182163

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
yeah I get it...

but I was still pi**ed off from the previous game when that guy, Pooliot, totally chicken ****ed his teammates with the late penalty, after they worked their tails off to get back in the game.. so... there's that

anyway, at this point, whatever

you got 22 million dollars cap and two A's between four happy meal guys out there against real men Backes and co

Last edited by a moderator:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
yeah I get it...

but I was still pi**ed off from the previous game when that guy, Pooliot, totally chicken ****ed his teammates with the late penalty, after they worked their tails off to get back in the game.. so... there's that

anyway, at this point, whatever

you got 22 million dollars cap and two A's between four happy meal guys out there against real men Backes and co

I am not condoning the Pouliot penalty (it was stupid and he snapped) but I would rather see players that take penalties from mixing it up and being too intense than not caring at all.

Too many Oilers either dont care, arent willing to get uncomfortable or dont have the courage to stick up for their teammates.

Frail and cowardly teams never win.

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
yeah, I get it...

strip those two of their A's right now.. I remember thinking how totally REDICULOUS it was when it was decreed by dalless that they were the Alternates THAT'S A JOKE TO ME

McDeathbyCheerios*

This team is full of lazy weak players. Keep Klinkhammer, Hendricks, Gordon, Pouliot, RNH and Yak for the forwards. Rest can go.

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
Wow. Strudwick just rips the pansies who didnt help their teammate.

They changed the coach but the attitude is still pretty much the same.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
Thanks for linking this. Greatly improved my work day.

You know, this audio kind of changed my mind on something.

There is an argument some of us have where we feel we got 'bad luck' with our 1st overall picks.

From a skill perspective, no, we did not.

From a complete player, "alpha man" perspective... god did we ever!

[mod]

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
do you all have any idea how traumatizing it is for these young Alternate Captains and future Norris winner to be separated from their I-Phone Sixes for 4 hours..??

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
Thanks for linking this. Greatly improved my work day.

You know, this audio kind of changed my mind on something.

There is an argument some of us have where we feel we got 'bad luck' with our 1st overall picks.

From a skill perspective, no, we did not.

From a complete player, "alpha man" perspective... god did we ever!

and the thing is... it's really not that hard to spot.. the Ekblad guy... he's got the marbles

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I am not condoning the Pouliot penalty (it was stupid and he snapped) but I would rather see players that take penalties from mixing it up and being too intense than not caring at all.

Too many Oilers either dont care, arent willing to get uncomfortable or dont have the courage to stick up for their teammates.

Frail and cowardly teams never win.

Jets fan, I come in peace.

Jets apparently receive the most minor penalties of any team in the league. Paul Maurice has been asked repeatedly about this, and the other day he finally said he didn't mind - he wanted the team to play with an edge, so if that meant they received a lot of penalties so be it.

So yeah, I would tend to agree with you about the Oilers.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
This is LIGHT years ahead of Ched. I wish I knew about his show earlier. Only started listening to 1260 this year.

Most Ched callers are on average 60 years of age and some sound like complete idiots.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
This is LIGHT years ahead of Ched. I wish I knew about his show earlier. Only started listening to 1260 this year.

Most Ched callers are on average 60 years of age and some sound like complete idiots.

Wow, really?

1260 not being the rights holder gives them a bit more room to criticize the Oilers. I'd definitely recommend them over CHED.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Struds was a player fairly recently too. Stauffer I duno even know what he played but he's not even on hockey DB and yet he talks so adamantly. I listened to that show for years but had to delete it I'm tired of being fed Oiler propaganda. ie. defend Eakins defend Eakins....two weeks before dismissal bash Eakins. LOL Struds had it form the get go bash Eakins!

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
At about 30:00 minutes a caller says something about Hall and Ference chirping each other back and forth in the media. Anyone know anything about this?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Quite a good Freudian slip at the beginning.

"Couple of initial shots.......not shots... thoughts of this game"

Gotta love Struds

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
The teams homework assignment should be to listen to this radio show. Then maybe they'll understand why they can't win. We need Struds to fire these guys up.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The team doesn't play like a team... that's everything in a nutshell.

They don't play for each other and don't have each others backs and don't have the level of loyalty to each other and passion for the jersey and the game.

Until they do they will always be lost and wandering... and will forever be looking for ways to fix this team with new management/coaching/players.

I'd like them to have some bench clearing brawls.... penalties/misconducts/suspensions be damned. Season is lost anyway.. so who cares about the consequences. It would honestly be a solid (although some would say unorthodox) way to build team chemistry/morale and bonding between the players.

They don't have it in them though... they don't have enough passion or care in them to do that as a team.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
At about 30:00 minutes a caller says something about Hall and Ference chirping each other back and forth in the media. Anyone know anything about this?

I assume they're talking about a few weeks ago

Ference said something about "How people need to stop moping around and be happy that they're in the NHL"

then the next game Edmonton played Winnipeg and before the game Hall said something like "it's a great atmosphere here, it just reminds me of how happy I am to be in the NHL"

both paraphrased

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
yah, I've been listening to him for most of the season. I used to listen to CHED, but 1260 is miles and miles better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad