Recalled/Assigned: Jarred Tinordi sent down (Nov 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Normal development curve for a defensive dman of his stature.

The taller they are, the more development time they need. :sarcasm:

Totally agree, if management has assessed that he's not ready, no big deal. He'll eventually force their hand, on his own merits.

Varlan

Nov 26, 2009
I think Tinordi is better than the current version of Gonchar, I'm kind of confused where MB is going here.

I full heartedly agree.

I like other can't see how Gonchar will help our pp either as the problem is there is no down low play to open up the points.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
What are the odds of Tinordi demanding a trade? I imagine it must be rather frustrating getting getting sent up and down and then often being a healthy scratch when he is with the big club. I figured this was the year he made it full-time on the Habs D but then they brought in Gilbert and now with Gonchar it seems he will always be behind whatever vet they bring in. I'm sure he'd be a regular and getting solid minutes with many other NHL teams right now which would only help take his game to the next level...

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I full heartedly agree.

I like other can't see how Gonchar will help our pp either as the problem is there is no down low play to open up the points.

I think if anything this is the positive to having Gonchar. Both Beau and Tinner will get playing time while (hopefully) Gonchar and Weaver rotate

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I think he's been one of the best d-man on the team this year, one of the few who didn't panic when we were hammered in our zone.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Have to be concerned with Tinordi 4 1/2 years after being drafted and he still is not good enough to play a regular shift.

He could play a regular shift, only they feel he'll be better down the road if he logs big minutes in Hamilton right now, Id rather leave him there to develop and gain confidence than confuse the kid by calling him up/sending him down everything week. For the kind of player he is confidence is a huge factor.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Gonchar acquisition optimizes Weaver's use. Weaver hasn't been a regular since 2011-12. When the Habs acquired him, he was being sat on consecutive games by his former team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What are the odds of Tinordi demanding a trade? I imagine it must be rather frustrating getting getting sent up and down and then often being a healthy scratch when he is with the big club.

I doubt that would happen, although one never knows for certain.

He's still very young and I'm sure he's reminded of that often by his entourage. Main thing is, once he's deemed ready for the NHL, he'll be here to stay. He's not that far away, so he'll be all the more prepared. Adopting a confrontational approach would not help him get to the NHL quicker, it would probably have the opposite impact.

If Tinordi really wants to have his day, he'll wait til he has some contractual leverage and if he feels slighted about how he was brought along, he can then subtly make his way out and get what he wants. However, early returns about him is that he's shown nothing but an exemplary work ethic and attitude, so doubt he's taking any of this personally.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
We knew this was coming with Gonchar trade. I was hoping it would be Beaulieu, as thought Tinordi been better of two
I'll respectfully disagree. Tinordi seemed awkward and slow in every sense of the word. Committed many mistakes, turnovers, and barely tried to fix those mistakes in the process.

I'm really stunned because he looked ready when he played in the Playoffs. Played much better and was much faster.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Have to be concerned with Tinordi 4 1/2 years after being drafted and he still is not good enough to play a regular shift.

Give it time.

Remember Chara.

He took some time to develop. Larger guys always do.

I have faith that he will be a regular next year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No panic for Tinordi. I truly believe both him and Beaulieu should be regular in the line up and learning on the fly.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I think it's clear that the best for a young player is to play. If the plan is for Tinordi to play 22-25 minutes each night in Hamilton and Beaulieu to play 14-16 min in Montreal ALL GAMES, I like that. If Beaulieu sits more often than not, the trade for Gonchar sucks. Gonchar should rotate with Weaver on the 3rd pair. Gilbert and Beaulieu are not bad together.

It's better to ease one rookie at the time too.

Next year, Tinordi (to replace Gonchar) and Pateryn (to replace Weaver) will be in the lineup too. So Beaulieu needs to play to eventually replace Markov.

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Emelin-Gonchar/Weaver

Playing Gonchar and Weaver in a rotation will HELP both of these players... because of their age and it will give Beaulieu to play all games. When an injury occurs, Tinordi will be the first callup.

Gonchar will play more PP so Subban will play more on the PK those nights and less PP because Weaver would not be playing. So it will not affect Subban's playing time, only changing his responsabilities.

Last edited:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I'm pissed.

Tinordi should be in lineup every game and MT should be able to live with his rookie mistakes. Everytime he was making one, he was benched! Way to ruin confidence and development for a rookie.

**** you MT.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'll respectfully disagree. Tinordi seemed awkward and slow in every sense of the word. Committed many mistakes, turnovers, and barely tried to fix those mistakes in the process.

I'm really stunned because he looked ready when he played in the Playoffs. Played much better and was much faster.

One of our players has regressed? Look around, because very few are playing well.

Having said that, Hamilton won't hurt Tinordi. He needs ice time. Better to play every game in the AHL than one or two out of three in the NHL.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
One of our players has regressed? Look around, because very few are playing well.

Having said that, Hamilton won't hurt Tinordi. He needs ice time. Better to play every game in the AHL than one or two out of three in the NHL.

Well, seeing how bad they play despite having actually a very decent roster on paper makes you wonder if they Hamilton is a good learning environment.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
not a fan of the decision, but better he play 20-25min/night in Hamilton than spend so much time in the press box in montreal.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Don't understand the reasoning behind this especially based on the Gonchar acquisition. Gonchar actually exist because Beaulieu wasn't able to run a PP or have a good first pass. Gonchar replaces Beaulieu. Tinordi brings something not a whole lot of our D brings. Gilbert is suppose to give us a good first pass what Beaulieu also does. And if the idea is to make one guy play a lot so he'd improve, I'd think that Beaulieu might have the greatest upside, and for me, he's the one who would have needed way more the icetime. Beaulieu is not getting in anytime soon. Therrien will not sit Gonchar so soon. Weaver might be the one going so we'll see how that goes. At the very best send both kids down to let them play. And callup Drewiske to NOT play in the NHL.

Unless....Beaulieu will indeed play a little more often and might be a piece for a trade. I don't see Beaulieu playing because he's so great at the eyes of our management as if it would have happened, we would probably not have gotten Gonchar to begin with. We'll see how that goes. Habs are probably thinking an injury bug will soon catch them as it would answer all their "problems" but until that....just send both guys down. They both need to play.

But add to all this that I thought Tinordi looked WAY much better than Beaulieu.....

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
I'm pissed.

Tinordi should be in lineup every game and MT should be able to live with his rookie mistakes. Everytime he was making one, he was benched! Way to ruin confidence and development for a rookie.

**** you MT.

Tinordi has been our most steady D he should have gotten more icetime instead of being sent down. We now have the softest D in the league.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
Don't understand the reasoning behind this especially based on the Gonchar acquisition. Gonchar actually exist because Beaulieu wasn't able to run a PP or have a good first pass. Gonchar replaces Beaulieu. Tinordi brings something not a whole lot of our D brings. Gilbert is suppose to give us a good first pass what Beaulieu also does. And if the idea is to make one guy play a lot so he'd improve, I'd think that Beaulieu might have the greatest upside, and for me, he's the one who would have needed way more the icetime. Beaulieu is not getting in anytime soon. Therrien will not sit Gonchar so soon. Weaver might be the one going so we'll see how that goes. At the very best send both kids down to let them play. And callup Drewiske to NOT play in the NHL.

Unless....Beaulieu will indeed play a little more often and might be a piece for a trade. I don't see Beaulieu playing because he's so great at the eyes of our management as if it would have happened, we would probably not have gotten Gonchar to begin with. We'll see how that goes. Habs are probably thinking an injury bug will soon catch them as it would answer all their "problems" but until that....just send both guys down. They both need to play.

But add to all this that I thought Tinordi looked WAY much better than Beaulieu.....

Don't get it either. They will miss his toughness big time.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Give it time.

Remember Chara.

He took some time to develop. Larger guys always do.

I have faith that he will be a regular next year.

Exactly what I was thinking. The larger defensive defensemen always take extra time to develop into their bodies and get comfortable on the ice. Tinordi's time will come but we have the luxury to buy him more time to develop which is a good thing.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Exactly what I was thinking. The larger defensive defensemen always take extra time to develop into their bodies and get comfortable on the ice. Tinordi's time will come but we have the luxury to buy him more time to develop which is a good thing.

I wish i had more faith in this reasoning and our staff in Hamilton.
Tinner only seems to progress up here. IMO
The stint for conditioning makes sense he needs to play.
But you're going to need a real good argument to get me to accept anything else.
The big body needs to ajust to NHL speed not AHL speed.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

I definitely agree with the bolded. I really, and I mean REALLY, don't see what people are noticing from Beaulieu over Tinordi, cause I've only noticed him in one capacity: continuous panic in the defensive end.

That offensive slant he's supposed to give over Tinordi? I dunno, haven't noticed that part of his game either.

As for the Gonchar thing..........as a cap clearing move, it was adequate, and that is the only thing Gonchar was useful for. But with all due respect to a once great D-man, he is, at this point, probably more useless on the ice than Bou is, and thus my expectations, even as a fill in, are incredibly low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad