Recalled/Assigned: Jarred Tinordi Recalled 02-23-2014

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Pateryn is rotting in AHL.

Beaulieu-Subban
Tinordi-Pateryn

Young defensemen best to let them pay their dues in AHL. Look at Schenn or Gardiner? Who had the skill to play at high level but not the experience at pro level. Despite fanastic starts to their career, they will likely never reach their potential. Justin Schultz is another

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I like that Therrien and Bergevin are constently testing Beaulieu's character. I think calling up Tinordi is a direct message to how Beaulieu took it easy over the last 2 weeks. Now let's see how he responds.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I like that Therrien and Bergevin are constently testing Beaulieu's character. I think calling up Tinordi is a direct message to how Beaulieu took it easy over the last 2 weeks. Now let's see how he responds.

How do you know that ''he took it easy''? Players have bad stretches all the time, it's not necessarily because they ''take it easy''.

Halifaxhab*

How do you know that ''he took it easy''? Players have bad stretches all the time, it's not necessarily because they ''take it easy''.

come on now. don't over simplify life with common sense thinking. This is a board dedicated to the Habs....of course EVERY single move or moment of actual gameplay is a conspiracy of lies, deceit and scheming equal only to the sum of all soap operas ever produced.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Cube and Murray need to go. Nothing they can do at this point that our top three prospect D cannot. I still like Drewskie as our assigned #7.

As for Beaulieu, if he plays fine in the NHL but slacks in the AHL, who cares? What matters is the NHL. Enough with the entitlement crap. Is the first goal in Montreal to win? Can Beaulieu make us a better team? All that matters.

Oct 22, 2012
Dan Kramer
With Jarred Tinordi called up yesterday, expect #Habs to send Davis Drewiske on a conditioning assignment to @BulldogsAHL once cleared.

He also interviewed Sylvie http://allhabs.net/st-pierre-pateryn-help-dogs-snap-skid-vs-rampage/

Beaulieu situation is interesting, we all thought the Diaz move was to make room for him and now that's not the case. However his development is what matters. Good on management to send the message that everything is earned. No free rides. Competition is healthy among players, worked out for us with Halak. Nothing you can do about Murray or Cube, just going to have to ride out their contracts.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Don't need to overthink this one. All these guys, be it Beaulieu, Tinordi or Pateryn played okay to pretty decent on their call-ups . I just want them all to get NHL ice-time this year.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
come on now. don't over simplify life with common sense thinking. This is a board dedicated to the Habs....of course EVERY single move or moment of actual gameplay is a conspiracy of lies, deceit and scheming equal only to the sum of all soap operas ever produced.
What the hell? Did you lose your girlfried this weekend buddy? Weather or not it was a bad sretch or just him taking it easy, they picked Tinordi took call up when Beaulieu was pretty much a given after the Diaz trade, that's my point. I'm pretty sure he was surprised by the news.

Oct 22, 2012
What the hell? Did you lose your girlfried this weekend buddy? Weather or not it was a bad sretch or just him taking it easy, they picked Tinordi took call up when Beaulieu was pretty much a given after the Diaz trade, that's my point. I'm pretty sure he was surprised by the news.

#1: Sarcasm

#2: What?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013

For MB, it"s character first dont you remember. :naughty:

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
I can see Markov being dealt at deadline with Bouillon or Bourque for something good

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Aside from a 10 game stretch Beaulieu has been awful in the AHL this year. I was puzzled as to why he was even called up to begin with but he looks a lot less crappy when he's in the NHL somehow.

A lot of very talented players get the same result. Particularly offensively gifted Ds. It's simple, the talented 2-ways Ds (guys like Mcdo) make it very quickly in the NHL, leaving the grunt defensive Ds as the only back up(poor) for the more offensive types. Also, how do you shine when the forwards(much less talented) on your AHL team can't finish. The AHL is perfect for Tinordi, not so much for Beaulieu.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
My bet is if Tinordi performs as good as Beaulieu did (in his own style, of course), one of Emelin, Markov or Gorges will be trade.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
A lot of very talented players get the same result. Particularly offensively gifted Ds. It's simple, the talented 2-ways Ds (guys like Mcdo) make it very quickly in the NHL, leaving the grunt defensive Ds as the only back up(poor) for the more offensive types. Also, how do you shine when the forwards(much less talented) on your AHL team can't finish. The AHL is perfect for Tinordi, not so much for Beaulieu.

It is interesting that what a player does in the AHL does not necessarily translate up to the NHL. I don't mean a guy that can score 40 in the AHL but be unable to score in the NHL, I mean guys who don't seem to produce good numbers at the AHL but do so when they are brought up. The answer , to an extent anyway, is like you say, that at the AHL level they are playing with guys unable to take advantage of the players skills or abilities whereas in the NHL there are players that can.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't need to overthink this one. All these guys, be it Beaulieu, Tinordi or Pateryn played okay to pretty decent on their call-ups . I just want them all to get NHL ice-time this year.

It looks like all of them deserve a shot at NHL time this year, based on their performance. If you're going to start next year with any of them as regulars at the NHL level, you definitely want them to get NHL ice time now. And who knows, any of them might also be needed in the playoffs.

habitue*

I wouldn't take the deal straight up, but if there is a 1st rounder from the Rangers or someone else who could be useful, I would lend an ear.

I would not touch Callaghan with a ten feet pole. Always injured. Third liner production, at best. Not big enough for the type of game he is playing. His body won't last long.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I would not touch Callaghan with a ten feet pole. Always injured. Third liner production, at best. Not big enough for the type of game he is playing. His body won't last long.

Callahan has third line production, at best?

Let's not kid ourselves. Callahan is a good player and very valuable to the Rangers. He hasn't been as injured as you claim. And his production definitely isn't 3rd line material... I'm not convinced he's worth what he's asking for. But I feel he can get that amount from some teams. I think he's worth Plekanec salary.

edit: Back to the topic. Bringing up Tinordi could be interesting. But I don't think it's anything more than giving the guy a taste of the NHL before they send him back down (unless Tinordi plays really good). I don't think the timing is in case PK is "jet-lagged". I believe it has more to do with players maybe being rusty after their rest.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad