Recalled/Assigned: Jarred Tinordi Recalled 02-23-2014

hockeyrules123

Oct 2, 2011
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the Habs sent down Beaulieu before the Olympics and have to call him back up ?

Because if that's the case there may not be any trade scenario here and this is just the Habs wanting to give Tinordi a shot and leave Beaulieu in the AHL

If both Beaulieu and Tinordi are up though then yes something may be brewing

There is no trade scenario! It's called managing your roster.Olympics just ended. Relax people, think.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
The team is practicing Monday... chances are Subban, Markov, Emelin, Price, Plekanec, Budaj... whoever else I am missing... won't be back in time/in any shape to practice. Could just be an extra body? Maybe an injury we don't know of. Doesn't mean a trade is coming.

I'm thinking those who got eliminated early are already in Montreal.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Also, many of those quick callups have been made for evaluation purposes. I'm thinking they saw what they wanted to out of Beaulieu and now they are evaluating Tinordi.

I'm thinking they want to gauge if some guys are ready to take regular NHL duties next year, or even this year in case of trades or injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if Tinordi is sent down and Pateryn called up next week end so that he may also play a game or two before the deadline.

Chris G

Mar 9, 2011
LOL! Pateryn is rotting in the AHL? He's played 84 career AHL games...including playoffs.;)

Even the great Larry Robinson played more than 110 games in the AHL. When Beaulieu was called up he was playing the best..same goes for Tinordi right now.

Pateryn will get a good opportunity next season. Marty Lapointe considers him a top ten prospect - the organization is high on him. Most dmen don't become NHL regulars until they are 24 or 25, especially coming from college, and Pateryn won't turn 24 until the summer.. I think he is right on schedule.

This :handclap:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Only reason I hate it is because it means we'll have to see Gorges and/or Bouillon on the PP lol

Glad to see him up though, the last couple of Bulldogs' games I saw he looked great out there. Hopefully next year we'll start out with both him and Beaulieu on our blueline.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I'm gonna get lambasted for this but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing a Tinordi-Murray tandem to be honest with you...not going to be many bigger/tougher tandems out there.

Yes the puck is going to be in our zone a bit more, but to the detriment of the other team's health. They want to exchange hits along the wall down low with those two..it's not our guys who will be wearing down.

Worth having a look anyway. For the past few weeks, since Murray picked up his game in Montreal and Tinordi in Hamilton, I've been envisioning those two as the third pairing come playoff time. We will see.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I'm gonna get lambasted for this but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing a Tinordi-Murray tandem to be honest with you...not going to be many bigger/tougher tandems out there.

Yes the puck is going to be in our zone a bit more, but to the detriment of the other team's health. They want to exchange hits along the wall down low with those two..it's not our guys who will be wearing down.

Worth having a look anyway. For the past few weeks, since Murray picked up his game in Montreal and Tinordi in Hamilton, I've been envisioning those two as the third pairing come playoff time. We will see.

No lambasting from me on this. Would love to see this, at least tried. Other teams forwards would need to start wearing kevlar.:D

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Where did you get this info or made it up?
Pateryn is currently Hamilton's leading scoring defenseman and plays 25 mins a game. He's been very good on the powerplay.

Can't you read english? He appears.. You know what this mean correct?

Pateryn has played... 0 NHL games this year. If he was in the plans of this organization he would have been called up a couple of times.

Last edited:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Maybe Beaulieu did not respond great when he returned because of 'lack of motivation'. And maybe our GM wants to tell him that no job is guaranteed in the NHL when you're a young lad coming up the ranks.

Also, maybe, just maybe, Tinordi has EARNED it.

John-Houseman-236x300.jpg

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I'll back you up. I was going to propose that myself. It's not like Tinordi's slow himself. Murray's seem to have picked it up and is looking pretty solid back there.

Hell, I'd go one further and keep Murray over Markov next year.

Subban-Gorges
Beaulieu-Emelin
Tinordi-Murray

It might be a little too baptism by fire for NB getting 1st wave PP and top 4 minutes but we'd save some serious money to go get a Vanek or someone. Or at least have Beaulieu battle Tinordi for top 4 minutes.

The more we can acclimatize both NB and JT to the bigs before next year the better.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
One thing at a time. He is in their plans.3 rookies can't be playing at the same time.

Well normally I'd say sure you are right, but this team has been missing a right handed dman since the beginning of the season. Therrien almost complained about it openly on camera, stating that not all dmen could play on the left.

I just don't buy it anymore. If he's still in the plans, call him up. It won't be the time to do this 10 games away from the end, fighting for a spot in the playoffs. Specially with someone who has not played a single game for the big club.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not that I'm against that. So be it. Just that when people were saying that seeing him being send down was not a problem, needed the playing time and was coming back as soon as play resumed well....no. Never assume anything. Never know what will happen.

Strange how things change....we were already penciling Beaulieu in our lineup for good with what he has shown us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad