Recalled/Assigned: Jarred Tinordi Recalled 02-23-2014

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
HI/O says he's in FWIW...

Defenceman Jarred Tinordi, who was called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs on Sunday, practised Monday and will be in the lineup Wednesday night when Team Canada coach Mike Babcock and the Detroit Red Wings visit the Bell Centre (7:30 p.m., TSN, RDS, TSN Radio 690). Tinordi, a left-hand shot, spent part of practice on the right side with veteran Douglas Murray as his partner.

HABS win CUPS*

Wow sweet Tinordi getting some time - is Beaulieu back in Hamilton?

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Callahan has third line production, at best?

Let's not kid ourselves. Callahan is a good player and very valuable to the Rangers. He hasn't been as injured as you claim. And his production definitely isn't 3rd line material... I'm not convinced he's worth what he's asking for. But I feel he can get that amount from some teams. I think he's worth Plekanec salary.

edit: Back to the topic. Bringing up Tinordi could be interesting. But I don't think it's anything more than giving the guy a taste of the NHL before they send him back down (unless Tinordi plays really good). I don't think the timing is in case PK is "jet-lagged". I believe it has more to do with players maybe being rusty after their rest.

Callaghan is like Prust, might not be all shiny but he makes everyone around him better. He is basically like Plekanec, doesn't get first line credit but does everything right and for that reason, I would overpay him to get him here.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
You forget that he also beat the newly acquired tim Gleason in the pre season while he was on Carolina. Maybe we will see two fights. :naughty:

I doubt Ashton wants a broken nose and Gleason probably won't want a concussion. That's what happened the last time Tinordi fought them.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
The comment about Tinordi being called up in case Subban is jet lagged was bogus.....made by a clueless journalist unaware that Beaulieu was in Hamilton. Tinordi has been called up to play, and if he looks good he'll be staying.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I would not touch Callaghan with a ten feet pole. Always injured. Third liner production, at best. Not big enough for the type of game he is playing. His body won't last long.
I like him but you're right he is banged up.

Don't worry though, we'll trade Eller for him, just wait and see.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I saw that almost-coast-to-coast by J.Tinordi on a sports news replay recently, and...WOW!!!!! he made it look so easy (he's a better skater than I previously thought!).

I just want Tinordi to be a defensive BEAST, but some of us can really see that there is potential for him to be a solid two-way dman (potential is key word).

Tinordi just might be that huge beast of a dman we've needed for many decades now. PK Subban and Tinordi as a fully developed regular dman...can't wait!! (our d-core is looking great!).

Go Tinordi Go!!

pc_md

Jun 3, 2006
The comment about Tinordi being called up in case Subban is jet lagged was bogus.....made by a clueless journalist unaware that Beaulieu was in Hamilton. Tinordi has been called up to play, and if he looks good he'll be staying.

But is he really ?

« Je n'y pensais pas trop, mais c'est bien de recevoir de bonnes nouvelles lorsque tu sais que tu joues du bon hockey, a dit le géant de six pieds, six pouces et 227 livres. Je suis simplement content de pouvoir être ici, avec Nate (Beaulieu). »

Translation: I'm just happy to be here with Nate...

(From RDS)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Not sure he'll be staying. How would crossing the deadline affect the Habs' ability to loan him to the Hamilton Bulldogs? (If he's on the habs roster that is) There was changes to those rules in the last CBA?

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
They saw Beaulieu before Olympic break. I think they're giving Tinordi's a chance too especially if he's been playing well recently and we'll probably see Pateryn soon enough. Expect 2 of 3 to make the starting lineup next season.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They saw Beaulieu before Olympic break. I think they're giving Tinordi's a chance too especially if he's been playing well recently and we'll probably see Pateryn soon enough. Expect 2 of 3 to make the starting lineup next season.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1121551

If the summary on this link is still true under the new CBA, Pateryn has more chances to not play for the big club this season. Unless he's recalled before the deadline and made part of the extended roster. In which case they won't be able to loan him back to the Dogs.

I don't think Beaulieu, Tinordi or Pateryn are going to be part of the extended roster.

Oct 22, 2012
I saw that almost-coast-to-coast by J.Tinordi on a sports news replay recently, and...WOW!!!!! he made it look so easy (he's a better skater than I previously thought!).

I just want Tinordi to be a defensive BEAST, but some of us can really see that there is potential for him to be a solid two-way dman (potential is key word).

Tinordi just might be that huge beast of a dman we've needed for many decades now. PK Subban and Tinordi as a fully developed regular dman...can't wait!! (our d-core is looking great!).

Go Tinordi Go!!

Love how he skates for a big man, two strides and he is gone. Seen him do it a couple times live, the opposing D looked rattled, seeing a guy 6'6 coming towards them so fast.

I like his progression, in whatever league he always finds his game. Goes under the radar at times because he isn't too flashy, but I have feeling will be the reliable big d man this team has needed forever.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Love how he skates for a big man, two strides and he is gone. Seen him do it a couple times live, the opposing D looked rattled, seeing a guy 6'6 coming towards them so fast.

I like his progression, in whatever league he always finds his game. Goes under the radar at times because he isn't too flashy, but I have feeling will be the reliable big d man this team has needed forever.

I saw the vid of the "coast to coast" by the Tin Man as well...impressive. I think this guy might have a lot more to his game than many of us think if he reaches his ceiling.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
Tinordi is a left-D and so is Beaulieu, Markov, Murray, Gorges

We need to balance this out. I honestly don't mind Markov walking because of the fact that we have too many lefties... I hope it looks like this next year:

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Niskanen
Beaulieu - Gilbert
Tinordi

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
But is he really ?

« Je n'y pensais pas trop, mais c'est bien de recevoir de bonnes nouvelles lorsque tu sais que tu joues du bon hockey, a dit le géant de six pieds, six pouces et 227 livres. Je suis simplement content de pouvoir être ici, avec Nate (Beaulieu). »

Translation: I'm just happy to be here with Nate...

(From RDS)

What are you talking about?

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
Beaulieu should have stayed he was playing really good. He was one of our top D the last 5 games or so...i`m happy Tinordi is up...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tinordi is exactly the type of player the Habs need. Let's hope he continues developing into the big, mean stay at home D that we have to have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad