Jared Spurgeon named Captain

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
The only thing that matters is that the players in the dressing room respect him and there is no evidence to suggest that he's not respected.
Is there evidence to suggest he is respected? This is a serious question. I don't read a lot sports related articles so maybe they have said something about him in there. But I do watch the games and he seems like such a quiet guy.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What does he lack?
Leadership qualities
Integrity, loyalty and perseverance to start.

What leadership skills do you feel he lacks that others possess.
None of those things are leadership qualities. They show that he's a good person. The bolded is the embarrassing part for the Wild. The fact that Spurgeon is as good a choice as any is really embarrassing

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What qualifications do you have to judge a professional athlete on his leadership skills?
I would look for a guy that is willing to stand up for himself/teammates. A guy that takes charge on the ice/bench. A guy willing to speak up for himself/teammates.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Leadership qualities

None of those things are leadership qualities. They show that he's a good person. The bolded is the embarrassing part for the Wild. The fact that Spurgeon is as good a choice as any is really embarrassing

"Leadership Qualities" is often in the eye of the beholder, but Google the term and you'll get a couple dozen lists of what people consider leadership qualities.

Those three are on basically every list. They are certainly leadership qualities

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They built the suspense for a month to make the most anticlimactic pick possible? Alright, waiting for the next big training camp storyline: who wins the starting goaltender job.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
"Leadership Qualities" is often in the eye of the beholder, but Google the term and you'll get a couple dozen lists of what people consider leadership qualities.

Those three are on basically every list. They are certainly leadership qualities
Give me a list of Wild players that lack those 3 qualities

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
What does he lack?

He's soft as silk, and that's a problem. I've actually never seen him engaged or angry. Teammates may respect him, but opponent players will laugh at him. That's the reality, history shows that guys with this kind of personality fail as captains.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's soft as silk, and that's a problem. I've actually never seen him engaged or angry. Teammates may respect him, but opponent players will laugh at him. That's the reality, history shows that guys with this kind of personality fail as captains.

I must have missed prime Lidstrom when he was an angry and aggressive player.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Such as who?

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
McDavid must be a bad captain

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Nope.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Suter does none of those things and is also a founding member of the country club thing that everybody seems to a big problem with. I’d be more “embarrassed”.
Suter does all of those things much more than Spurgeon. Spurgeon has been here longer than Suter has and is just as much a member of any "country club". The only difference is that Spurgeon simps for Russo

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Give me a list of Wild players that lack those 3 qualities
I'm not going to try analyze every players motivations, or disparage current players needlessly.

We've certainly had players in the past who didn't want to be here, ie loyalty.

We've certainly had players not willing to do the work to reach their ultimate potential. That speaks to integrity and perseverance

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I must have missed prime Lidstrom when he was an angry and aggressive player.

Well Spurgeon doesn't exactly look like an agitator, he looks like he'd do a great job working with children...

Eq0sDKUXEAMR50V

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad