Jared Spurgeon named Captain

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
As if it was ever gonna be anybody else. Great job not messing this one up Guerin, gotta take the easy ones when they are obvious.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
My opinion is that Spurgeon doesn't have the personality for this role, but good luck to him.

Btw...I guess Parise is pissed :laugh:

Reactions: MK9

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Well that was boring and completely expected. Good choice I think, but not as exciting or interesting a choice as, like, "Wild Captain Ivan Lodnia". That'd be a heckuva headline.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Going from a little guy who wan't even offered a contract by the team who drafted him to Captain of a team. Congrats, Spurgie! You are a wonderful player.:clap:

Now what will be interesting is who the "A"'s would be. Normally, I would say Suter and a younger forward, but having two letters on the same D pairing would be awkward.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Going from a little guy who wan't even offered a contract by the team who drafted him to Captain of a team. Congrats, Spurgie! You are a wonderful player.:clap:

Now what will be interesting is who the "A"'s would be. Normally, I would say Suter and a younger forward, but having two letters on the same D pairing would be awkward.
Suter and Parise keep the As

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Foligno is a peripheral player, with a short shelf life, who came here from another organization where he was born, and played his first few years Good guy, tries hard, not very talented. Spurgeon is an important(top 25 Dman) player who has never played for another organization, and is signed long term.

Easy choice between those two.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Spurgeon is the ultimate professional and team guy and will act accordingly as team captain. The only thing that matters is that the players in the dressing room respect him and there is no evidence to suggest that he's not respected.

Reactions: W75 and Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->