Jared Spurgeon named Captain

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I, for one, am super jacked up and excited to have the potential to realize a future in which we get to read HF postings for the next 6+ years about how the "C" should be stripped from Spurgeon ... a la the Koivu debate.

/s

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Congratulations, you're about the 20th person to call me an idiot for questioning Spurgeon's leadership qualities. Oddly enough, you're also the 20th person to fail to provide even 1 example of Spurgeon's leadership.
I'll leave that to his teammates, Coach, actual people that know him and his game, on and off the ice.

Your opinion is meaningless.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Nice Spurgeon feature done by Russo in the Athletic...

The underdog becomes the captain: Jared Spurgeon's journey to the Wild 'C'

“Nothing was ever about him, which is why I think he’ll be a really good captain,” Boudreau said. “For four years, I thought he was one of the best players, both off the ice and on the ice, that I’ve ever coached, and one of your favorite guys that you’d like to have on your team at any time.

“He comes to work every day, whether he’s hurt or whether he’s not hurt, never says a word, puts on his stuff, and works. He’s the perfect person and player for anybody to follow and look up to.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad