Jared Cowen is an RFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Money is important to the Sens. Take the 0.4m difference and slap it on Spezza's new contract, bam. I don't mind the Sens negotiating the way they're doing.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Sign that f-ing contract this instant and get your arse into camp. Who the heck do you think you are lol?

WhiteLight*

cowen_headshot.jpg

He doesn't look very smart. I guess you can judge a book by its cover in this case.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
I'm under the impression that Cowen isn't as involved in the process as people are thinking he is and that it's mostly his agent that is holding things up. If that's the case, I don't think it's fair to blame Cowen for this mess.

WhiteLight*

I'm under the impression that Cowen isn't as involved in the process as people are thinking he is and that it's mostly his agent that is holding things up. If that's the case, I don't think it's fair to blame Cowen for this mess.

the agent reports to Cowen, not the other way around

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
the agent reports to Cowen, not the other way around

Exactly. So if the agent, who does this for a living, is telling him he can get more money by holding out and negotiating more he's obviously going to listen to him and trust his professional advice like anyone else would.

WhiteLight*

Exactly. So if the agent, who does this for a living, is telling him he can get more money by holding out and negotiating more he's obviously going to listen to him like anyone else would.

if Cowen really wanted to play and get to training camp, he'd tell his agent to get a deal done.

Cowen is interested in being a greedy *****, not in playing hockey, which is why we are pissed. Cowen IS TO BLAME

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If he won't be reasonable then it might be time to get back the 1st round pick given up for Ryan, a top prospect and possibly more. There is a young team out west that is stacked with some top notch players and could use a big D plus as a condition the Sens might be able to dump O'Brien for a later pick at the same time to clear a spot.

The Fuhr*

if Cowen really wanted to play and get to training camp, he'd tell his agent to get a deal done.

Cowen is interested in being a greedy *****, not in playing hockey, which is why we are pissed. Cowen IS TO BLAME

The caps about to explode... It's in the NHLPA's interest for Cowen to do as much as possible

His injury in the AHL caused him to miss his nhl salary last year... Cowen is not interested in doing the Sens any favors.

It's business

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa

He wouldn't seek out a long term contract if he didn't want to play in Ottawa.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The caps about to explode... It's in the NHLPA's interest for Cowen to do as much as possible

His injury in the AHL caused him to miss his nhl salary last year... Cowen is not interested in doing the Sens any favors.
Or a contract which is inline with what comparable players have recently gotten is more indicative of what to expect.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa

You mean the guy on the training camp roster?

Gosh, what a ****. I'd wish he'd sit out like that guy in St. Louis.

someone should remind Cowen that "stay at home" does not apply outside the rink.
cowen_headshot.jpg

He doesn't look very smart. I guess you can judge a book by its cover in this case.

423.gif

WhiteLight*

It's business

The Sens sent him to AHL to enhance his development, and thus enhance his future earning ability. The Sens aren't the ones to blame for Cowen getting $65,000 instead of 900K for sitting on his ass. Cowen was the one that got injured.

The Sens should not have to compensate Cowen for his injury nor should he get paid more than he deserves because he sat on his ass last year.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
If Cowen is that awesome why have there been no Offer sheets for him for the 3.5 million you said they asked? That is only a first rounder compensation.

Silly question really.

Using that logic why had no GM put an offer sheet on Stephan, Petro, Kadri, etc, etc,etc.

The answer IMO is owners are finally containing themselves and thus costs. Second why offer sheet a young player just to have the current team match, which in every case would happen.

No GM in the league is going to take the leap of submitting an offer sheet that grossly overpays any of the unsigned RFAs, just won't happen IMO.

Anyone thinking the Sens/NYR/StL would take a 1st round pick for any of these kids really doesn't appreciate the value they have to these franchises.

Last edited:

WhiteLight*

Oh, hadn't heard that.

But still, these attacks against Cowen's personal character do nothing but make the commenter look like an idiot.

Says the guy who thought he was in camp

He hasn't proven anything. Not a damn thing.

If not wanting to break the bank for an unproven player makes me an idiot than so be it

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Maybe he just really hates training camp? If they really are just $1mil apart this shouldn't drag into the regular season. Cowen needs to be careful here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad