Jared Cowen is an RFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
CapGeek ‏@capgeek 4m

#Sens Jared Cowen is an RFA. His contract did not slide in 2010-11 by mutual agreement of NHL & NHLPA. No explanation as to why at present.

Well ****.

Cherith Cutestory

Jan 20, 2008
Edmonton/Ottawa
Deleted. That is...I just don't get it...

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 2m
League lists Jared Cowen as RFA. Confirmed with team and @RickJValette Cowen has RFA status. #Sens

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This is bs. I thought he was suppose to go rfa next offseason. BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!. I have faith that bm will get a deal done though.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 8m

League lists Jared Cowen as RFA. Confirmed with team and @RickJValette Cowen has RFA status. #Sens

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Wtf? Get the cheque book out again EM. How did we not know this previously? Is this a decision that has just been made?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The brightside is of all the injured players he has the least amount of excuses for the poor performance.

In other words we should get a reasonable deal done with him.

That being said this came out of left field and makes no sense.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
how much can he cost in all seriousness he only played 1 full season ...

2.5 ....max 3 on long term deal

TheOriginalSilf*

I don't understand this at all. It'd be lovely if the NHL would explain their actions.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
If a player aged 18 or 19 signs an entry-level contract with a club (with his age calculated on Sept. 15 of the year he signed the contract) but does not play in at least 10 NHL games, the contract will "slide" or be extended one year. The extension does not apply if the player turns 20 between Sept. 16 and Dec. 31 in the year he signed the contract.

Depending on the contract's structure, the player's cap hit can be affected either by an increase or a decrease. Players who sign at age 18 can have their contract extended (or "slide") two seasons.

CBA reference: Section 9.1 (d) (P. 23-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad