Waived: Jan Mursak clears waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

What are you talking about? Look at all the young players they've used this year. Brunner, Tatar, Smith, Andersson, Lashoff, Nyquist, Emmerton. I don't understand complaining about the Wings not letting young guys play this year. If your complaint is a player that every single team in the NHL doesn't want isn't getting ice time I don't know what to tell you. :help:

LOL
1. Brunner isn't young.
2. Tatar and Anderson and Nyquist and Lashoff are only playing because of injuries.

Get a clue TS

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
LOL
1. Brunner isn't young.
2. Tatar and Anderson and Nyquist and Lashoff are only playing because of injuries.

Get a clue TS
And you complain about other people flaming? That's Ok I got thick skin.

26 instead of 24 is that where you draw the line? Its not like 26 makes him an old player which was your issue.

So now its not enough that the young guys play its the circumstances that got them to play that matters. And how is that working out for the Wings by the way? I think we'd be doing a lot better if we had a couple of those old guys back in the line up.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

26 instead of 24 is that where you draw the line? Its not like 26 makes him an old player which was your issue.

So now its not enough that the young guys play its the circumstances that got them to play that matters. And how is that working out for the Wings by the way? I think we'd be doing a lot better if we had a couple of those old guys back in the line up.

Some people are holding on firm that everything starts going downhill after you hi 26 years old.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Haha, I'm sure we'll re-visit this in 5 years. :laugh:

Maybe Mursak and Freddie Peterson (or however you spell it) will be teammates by then.

Let's fast forward 5 years >>>>>>>>

Who's Mursak? Wasn't he a 6th round draft pick for the Lions? No, he was the Tigers backup short stop you know Dan Mursak.

RedWingsNow*

I did enjoy his list of players that went "straight to the NHL" . Just ignore 2-8 years in Europe.

Yeah. We developed Datsyuk in Russia and Zetterberg in Timra and Franzen all those years before he was drafted.

RedWingsNow*

Some people are holding on firm that everything starts going downhill after you hi 26 years old.

I'm holding firm in the idea that signing washed up veterans hasn't helped this team in years, and its costing us the ability to develop prospects.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Yeah. We developed Datsyuk in Russia and Zetterberg in Timra and Franzen all those years before he was drafted.

Come on Captain, Datsyuk was drafted 3 years before he played for the Wings. But you were close with Franzen he played one year in Sweeden before coming over. So I will give you one for that. 1/4 not bad.

RedWingsNow*

Come on Captain, Datsyuk was drafted 3 years before he played for the Wings. But you were close with Franzen he played one year in Sweeden before coming over. So I will give you one for that. 1/4 not bad.

When you're being serious, let me know.

Interesting to note that Datsyuk, as a rookie, played 13:40 a night on a team that had
Yzerman
Fedorov
Shanahan
Larionov
Hull
Robitaille
Draper
Maltby
Holmstrom

And today
on a team with
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Cleary
Abdelkader
Filppula
Brunner
Eaves
Emmerton
Miller etc

Tatar gets 11:50
And Nyquist can't even crack the team.

And people thought Bowman was TERRIBLE at developing kids

RedWingsNow*

Haha, I'm sure we'll re-visit this in 5 years. :laugh:

Maybe Mursak and Freddie Peterson (or however you spell it) will be teammates by then.

I'm still waiting for Freddie to come over.
Talk to Atlanta fans who watched him. He was robbed.

RedWingsNow*

It's not even about that.

It's about a team that holds all its prospects back too long... and then gives up on them without giving them a real shot.

If you've got a lineup full of hall of famers, fine.

But when you're signing washed-up-never-was players Sammy... it's stupid.
Holland needs to stop acting like we've got Larionov and Robitaille on line 4.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
When you're being serious, let me know.

Interesting to note that Datsyuk, as a rookie, played 13:40 a night on a team that had
Yzerman
Fedorov
Shanahan
Larionov
Hull
Robitaille
Draper
Maltby
Holmstrom

And today
on a team with
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Cleary
Abdelkader
Filppula
Brunner
Eaves
Emmerton
Miller etc

Tatar gets 11:50
And Nyquist can't even crack the team.

And people thought Bowman was TERRIBLE at developing kids

So you're telling me that Nyquist or Tatar are as good as Datsyuk? You tell me when you are being serious.

Aug 6, 2012
So you're telling me that Nyquist or Tatar are as good as Datsyuk? You tell me when you are being serious.

I'm sorry but I have NO idea how you got that out of his post. No idea at all. He's comparing the rosters to show how its much easier to get TOI nowadays.

RedWingsNow*

Scotty Bowman found room in his lineup of Hall of Famers for Datsyuk.

Mike Babcock finds less room in a lineup full of mediocre hockey players.

Think about it.

Scotty Bowman, LEGENDARY coach -- famous for killing prospects, by the way, took Brett Hull's advice and put the greatest pure goals scorer of his era with the unproven Russian prospects.

The next year, they put Zetterberg on a scoring line when he was a rookie. Right from the start. No questions asked.

THW

Mar 6, 2008
I am curious about how Babcock envisions player development. It seems to most of us that players need to be folded into 3rd and 4th lines, unless they are a Stamkos/Crosby type talent or come from the major Euro leagues. They need to make mistakes, they need to learn the faster speed, stronger players and quicker play development in the big league. When they have shown that they know whats going on and are developing at a good pace, they can either be promoted to top lines and special teams or traded/demoted. Why is there a resistance to developing players properly in Detroit? I believe this is the source of the frustration more so than Mursak being sent down. I like the guy, I know him a little off ice, and I am thinking he is a solid 3rd/4th line energy guy with decent hands, so as much as I like him, I am pretty reasonable with my expectations for him.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010

If you're drawing the line at 26, you forgot:

Jakub Kindl
Darren Helm
Justin Abdelkader

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I'm sorry but I have NO idea how you got that out of his post. No idea at all. He's comparing the rosters to show how its much easier to get TOI nowadays.

Really? Just because Datsyuk made the team in his era has nothing to do with Nyquist, Tatar, Mursak or any other player making the team this year. Each player is (and should be)judged on their own merit. But really, its taken Tatar one more year than Datsyuk to make the team and I don't think he is anywhere near the talent of Datsyuk.

THW

Mar 6, 2008
Really? Just because Datsyuk made the team in his era has nothing to do with Nyquist, Tatar, Mursak or any other player making the team this year. Each player is (and should be)judged on their own merit. But really, its taken Tatar one more year than Datsyuk to make the team and I don't think he is anywhere near the talent of Datsyuk.

It shows the regression in player development that Detroit has slipped into.

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
Scotty Bowman found room in his lineup of Hall of Famers for Datsyuk.

Mike Babcock finds less room in a lineup full of mediocre hockey players.

Think about it.

Scotty Bowman, LEGENDARY coach -- famous for killing prospects, by the way, took Brett Hull's advice and put the greatest pure goals scorer of his era with the unproven Russian prospects.

The next year, they put Zetterberg on a scoring line when he was a rookie. Right from the start. No questions asked.
Oh please. You are hysterical. It is really simple Mursak just is not good enough.

Babcock found room for the following:
Helm- Babcock gave him a shot and he kicked the door down. Never left.
Abdelkader
Ericsson
Filpulla (Babs has always supported him)
Emmerton (who is alot better than we all thought last year)

This year alone he appears to have added the following to NHL players:
Lashoff
Tartar
Andersson
Smith

It is looking like all three will be in the NHL long term because of Babs. At the beginning of the year Lashoff and Andersson looked like long shots.

So Babcock has slowed down Tartar, Nyquist, Mursak, Kindl, and Hudler. At what point to we accept Babcock is one of the most experienced hockey minds in the game and give him credit for recognizing the simple fact. They are not or were not good enough.

Babcock knows Tartar and Nyquist are good enough but he is still slowing them down so that they are truly ready for the big top line show. Tartar is damn well on his way to showing it.

THW

Mar 6, 2008

Like has been said before, passing over the prospects that are touted to be great, play great in the AHL and are said to be capable of sliding right in to the team and making significant contributions for washed up has-beens and veteran cast offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad