Waived: Jan Mursak clears waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
I think Sheahan is an ideal bottom-six center, but he does seem to be displaying more scoring touch this year than he has in the past. I think he could possibly play some wing in the top-six every now and then and be an effective net presence player on the power-play.

Just my opinion.

I think he is very close to being a solid bottom sixer. I still think he projects as a scoring center. That kinda player always gets their offensive flair later in life. I think he has top 6 center upside fairly likely imo.

Just a hunch based on his attributes and talents. I would not be shocked if he ends up a very good 3rd line center but I still aim higher.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Primeau was pretty damn good. I don't see Sheahan at that level

If they mean somewhere between Keith and Wayne I agree. :laugh:

People Keith Primeau was the third overall pick and had a heck of a career, one people would respect more without the injuries that cut it short.

I think of Sheahan as a Jarrett Stoll type. Stoll has been capable of having big seasons, just hasn't had one in a while but his tools put him in a good second great third line center. When he is on, he is a very good second line center if we could get Riley to be a little more consistant it would be a big win as Stoll has the ability to be a 50 point player and has been. But they remind me of each other a little, big body, heavy shot, good both ways, great special teams player but probably never a star and that is fine.

Keith Primeau was a star level player, once upon a time the great Scotty Bowman thought it was worth moving Yzerman to go with a one two punch of Fedorov and Primeau. In fact if he doesn't turn down the contract extension who knows what happens, part of the reason the Shanahan deal happened was Primeau wanted more ice time and wouldn't sign in Detroit. If he is okay with what was happening we never probably get Shanny.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If they mean somewhere between Keith and Wayne I agree. :laugh:

People Keith Primeau was the third overall pick and had a heck of a career, one people would respect more without the injuries that cut it short.

I think of Sheahan as a Jarrett Stoll type. Stoll has been capable of having big seasons, just hasn't had one in a while but his tools put him in a good second great third line center. When he is on, he is a very good second line center if we could get Riley to be a little more consistant it would be a big win as Stoll has the ability to be a 50 point player and has been. But they remind me of each other a little, big body, heavy shot, good both ways, great special teams player but probably never a star and that is fine.

Keith Primeau was a star level player, once upon a time the great Scotty Bowman thought it was worth moving Yzerman to go with a one two punch of Fedorov and Primeau. In fact if he doesn't turn down the contract extension who knows what happens, part of the reason the Shanahan deal happened was Primeau wanted more ice time and wouldn't sign in Detroit. If he is okay with what was happening we never probably get Shanny.

If Primeau had a different attitude, we may not have needed Shanny. While he put up some points for us, he didn't embrace that gritty, determined play until later in his career. Of course, he probably doesn't develop that if he wasn't traded.

RedWingsNow*

If Primeau had a different attitude, we may not have needed Shanny. While he put up some points for us, he didn't embrace that gritty, determined play until later in his career. Of course, he probably doesn't develop that if he wasn't traded.

We needed Shanny. he was exactly what he needed. I've read a lot of things about Shanny that make me question his integrity.

But as a hockey player, he helped give this team the skill, toughness and swagger it needed to get over the hump.

A 23-year-old Primeau wasn't going to do that for us.

RedWingsNow*

Could you elaborate a little?

Well, for one, he cheated with teammate Janney's wife and eventually married her.

For two, while Fedorov received lots of criticism, I've heard insiders suggest that Shanny's media-friendly mug grated on his teammates.

Some have suggested that Shanny undermined the PA in 2004-05

he then gets rewarded with a job in the NHL's front office.

There's enough smoke here for me to believe Shanny is a self-promoting weasel who doesn't mind stabbing his friends in the back to get ahead.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Well, for one, he cheated with teammate Janney's wife and eventually married her.

For two, while Fedorov received lots of criticism, I've heard insiders suggest that Shanny's media-friendly mug grated on his teammates.

Some have suggested that Shanny undermined the PA in 2004-05

he then gets rewarded with a job in the NHL's front office.

There's enough smoke here for me to believe Shanny is a self-promoting weasel who doesn't mind stabbing his friends in the back to get ahead.

Ok, thank you sir. Tend to agree.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
The last post that actually involved Mursak was like 4 days ago. And clearly we've diverged into other topics here.

I think this thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad