Waived: Jan Mursak clears waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
lets not act surprised by this. This was coming for a while. GL with Mursak, hope he gets claimed so he can be an NHLer on the Island :P

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
NBD, we'll just trade to get him back in a couple years.

Holland will waste another 1st rounder

=====

Babs to Cleary : Your good, we put Mursak on Waivers to keep you around..Your a tough guy, I know you can still score, so ya, I love you

Cleary: Can I be on every line?

Babs: Yes

Cleary: if I dont produce, can I still play w Datsyuk?

Cleary: And if that still doesnt work, can we trade for Horcoff?

artworks-000035044785-iysogf-crop.jpg

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Flashes of brilliance but never able to string together enough time to prove himself. Good speed. Hope he gets claimed and hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

skinneh

#FireHolland
Jul 17, 2009
Winnipeg
Holland will waste another 1st rounder

=====

Babs to Cleary : Your good, we put Mursak on Waivers to keep you around..Your a tough guy, I know you can still score, so ya, I love you

Cleary: Can I be on every line?

Cleary: if I dont produce, can I still play w Datsyuk?

Cleary: And if that still doesnt work, can we trade for Horcoff?

artworks-000035044785-iysogf-crop.jpg

Lol. The sad part is this is likely the conversation that is happening right now!

crashman

I hope LA claims him so he gets to play with Kopitar.

People shouldn't overreact about this, if they were gonna waive anyone, they picked the right guy. He's not a bad player and he did have soe unfortunate luck with injuries, but he doesn't really have a future with this team and he's replaceable. Eaves is the only other guy they could have waived, in my opinion.

Rael

Dec 28, 2012
Vienna
Wow, didn't expect that to happen :(
Thought they would give him more chances than just one game per year (due to his injuries).
Actually, I was already looking forward to the line Tatar - Helm - Mursak which would arguably have been the fastest in the league. Guess Ferraro can fill in there for Mursak and he might be a better forechecker... still, very sad :/

CloneHakanPlease*

People shouldn't overreact about this, if they were gonna waive anyone, they picked the right guy. He's not a bad player and he did have soe unfortunate luck with injuries, but he doesn't really have a future with this team and he's replaceable. Eaves is the only other guy they could have waived, in my opinion.

Same about wanting LA to claim him. I think he could of at least got us a 7th so I hope Holland at least tried and I'm just wrong about his value. He probably didnt though lolol

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI

List of players to waive before Mursak:

1. Miller
2. Eaves
3. CLEAR---LLLLLLLLLLLLLY not very good
4. Sammy

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I bet he gets claimed, I wish him good luck.

The silver lining (no pun intended) is that the odds of Tatar staying up are improving.

Yeah, good luck to Mursak. He could never stay healthy and Tatar has planted himself on the roster and I can't see him going anywhere. Jan never really got his shot due to all his injuries. That sucks but that's just how it goes sometimes. I think he'll get claimed and hopefully he can have better luck with his next team.

crashman

1. Miller
2. Eaves
4. Sammy

I think Miller brings more to the table than Eaves. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why he hasn't been put on a scoring line over Abdelkader and Cleary.

Cleary is bad, but he's tenured, and we know how this franchise treats those type of players.

Sammy hasn't been healthy all season. I know a lot of people hate on him, but the guy can play...if he can get/stay healthy.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think this is fair for everybody. He's obviously the odd man(at least) out here.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013

Eaves is a guy who has all the tools but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be able to produce. I'm also thinking he needs a change in surroundings

Animus

Mar 10, 2011
Bowie, Maryland

1. Miller
2. Eaves
4. Sammy

1. No
2. Maybe
3. He's playing.....better as of late
4. Couldn't agree more!

So many funny replies here. Good luck to Mursak! I am sure he gets claimed by either LA or NYI. He has about the worst luck with injuries though...Sammy is catching up quickly though. As someone said above, the silver lining is that this makes way for Tatar which is looking better each and every game

petesrw

Apr 6, 2009
I can't wait for him to get claimed and be a very solid player, then when we play his team, he blows by everyone on our team.

That'll be the day.

But seriously, I really wish the past two years were different for him. I had very high hopes.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Would have rather let go of Miller or Eaves.

I used to really like Miller and thought he got undeservedly passed over a lot of times but this year he's done nothing.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Eaves is a guy who has all the tools but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be able to produce. I'm also thinking he needs a change in surroundings

We shouldn't overlook that Eaves didn't play hockey for 14 months. He scored at a 15 goal pace two seasons in a row before that for us, which was great.

But I really think that both Miller and Eaves have played out their role on this squad. We've got kids coming now that can do their work and also has higher upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad