Player Discussion Jan Kovar

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I wouldn't mind if the Bruins sign him, especially since Bergeron's injury is up in the air. He could give the Bruins flexibility down the middle and on the wing.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Yes I can thank you for sharing 23.
I have only read about this player and have not seen him play. My understanding was that his game was an almost perfect contradiction to Kuraly's. Good skills, especialy in the offensive zone and not all that fast. PP but no PK.

What similarities are you referring to?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I have cave on my team too... so personally im hoping he will also become an nhl player

My gut says the 28 year old ppg khl guy who got himself a 2 million dollar nhl contract has the better odds of being able to help us now

If we dont sign him... someone else can. Cave is our property and can continue to have a confidence building breakout season for us in providence

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It wasn’t just the Bruins all 30 teams had a shot at him.

His agent Allen Walsh certainly pushed hard.

Cave has been in the organization 3 years has had a breakout year wears an ‘A’ and is a very good PK

Reactions: JCRO and Saxon Eric

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
A couple more injuries to Fs and he might have had a shot, but as things stand I think it's the right decision if he doesn't want to hang around any more.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Gotta believe if he's still here after the 10 game mark (4 more game) for JFK they consider giving him a shot.

JFK is on the cusp, but isn't quite there. The two goals have been nice to see, but overall I think he needs a little more polish.

Almanil

Nov 18, 2017
I am also, consider the link above, but as far as I can tell with poor translating, that article is just speculation.

My understanding was that his PTO was for 25 games, in which he could leave at any time. Maybe something fell through?
It is mostly speculation with some comments from one Czech club, that they have been in contact. I guess we will know soon enough.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
It is mostly speculation with some comments from one Czech club, that they have been in contact. I guess we will know soon enough.

As I said in the Friday Pens GDT: Kovar would not be considering his other options if he still felt he had a chance of being signed in the NHL. Sweeney has not officially said anything to the media on a Kovar contract status, but he obviously has not said anything to him personally to give Jan any hope. If I am interested in a tryout, I let them know I am interested so they don't leave on me. Unless something comes out of left field nowhere I see Kovar heading back east.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Somewhat OT: It's really too bad that the Providence B's don't have tv deal where we can see their games without having to purchase a station... Not for anything but the NFL realized long ago that more tv exposure would grow viewership and create a monster fandom. No, the NHL would rather follow the lead of WWE, make people pay to see their product. It's a good thing though that the NHL doesn't follow the WWE with nonsensical, biased officiating.:rolleyes::sarcasm:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Somewhat OT: It's really too bad that the Providence B's don't have tv deal where we can see their games without having to purchase a station... Not for anything but the NFL realized long ago that more tv exposure would grow viewership and create a monster fandom. No, the NHL would rather follow the lead of WWE, make people pay to see their product. It's a good thing though that the NHL doesn't follow the WWE with nonsensical, biased officiating.:rolleyes::sarcasm:
When was the last time Providence was on NESN? At least 15 years ago is my guess

As my kids got older I started to go to theses games less and less and I found myself really missing them, for the price of 2 good tickets for a single game with parking I'm able to watch all 76 games from my couch and imo the best thing about that platform is I can go back and watch whenever ,The AHL does have games on the NHL Network, most of which are Marlies games plus I wouldn't think the league would do the Providence ownership any favors after they shamelessly fired their Play by Play team even while drawing top 5 in attendance year after year.
If you have the extra cash,time and interest its worth it but I get your point,it would be nice if they had free platform to grow the game and really sell up and coming prospects

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Kovar after 11 games is -11 in +/-. Has had only 3 games he ended up with a positive points.
I guess his skating and defensive play must be the reason he has not been offered the contract.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Kovar after 11 games is -11 in +/-. Has had only 3 games he ended up with a positive points.
I guess his skating and defensive play must be the reason he has not been offered the contract.

Stinky #s to say the least. Shades of Daugavins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad