Player Discussion Jamie Benn - 2014-2015 Art Ross Trophy Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'd like to hear the audio itself if someone has a link.

It's all been deleted. I haven't found a working link although I did listen to it myself earlier and it matches the transcripts. If you wanted to hear their tones of voice though I'm not sure you'll be able to dig up an audio

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
It was taken down. An article said Vancouver fans complained to the Ticket about it and I saw (I think it was him) Jake Kemp say that the first 30 minutes of the show had to be cut (the interview).

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
I have to say Benn was one of my favourite players in the league until this morning. After hearing his and seguins comments on the radio regarding the sedins I was absolutely disgusted. With how big the " you can play" campaign is in the NHL I can't see it going unnoticed.

Grow a pair. It was harmless trash talk.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
They didn't do anything wrong. This is what's wrong with people. An athlete finally loosens up and instead of laughing someone has to get butt hurt.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Could Benn have been implying a "homophobic" idea? Sure, but he didn't actually say it, so all we're left with is guessing. Really it comes down to this: If you want to be offended, you will add meaning that wasn't there to be offended.

Because I'm a Stars fan, I'll say I assume Benn meant they both poop at the same time.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Could Benn have been implying a "homophobic" idea? Sure, but he didn't actually say it, so all we're left with is guessing. Really it comes down to this: If you want to be offended, you will add meaning that wasn't there to be offended.

Because I'm a Stars fan, I'll say I assume Benn meant they both poop at the same time.

Well obviously that's what we all thought as well.

Strange how something so obvious can be misinterpreted.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I assumed rubber duckies and snorkels kinda thing after I heard the interview. Oh well, doesn't seem like a big deal and I agree with the sentiment that it's nice to finally hear guys loosen up a little. Hockey interviews are by and large the worst of all athletes in the 4 major sports in NA.

Brand New Stars

Society is way too sensitive. It's pretty pathetic actually.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

I get that there could have been undertones, but even saying this gives a small amount of credibility to the nuts trying to make this a story.

The reasonable conclusion is to take the conversation at face value. It's a stereotype, and yes stereotypes are often frowned upon, but twins are often portrayed as having unique or strange relationships: secret languages, attachment issues. Right or wrong it's a perception.

Bob (the host) was clearly poking fun at Benn essentially asking if he an Jordie had that same type of codependent relationship. That's the ONLY thing they were talking about ... not anyone's sexuality. In this PC world, YES it's frowned upon to acknowledge a stereotype. Shame on them. Move on.

They were talking about their facial hair for goodness sake .... not who they are attracted too. It was a dumb conversation about how "odd" to them is that the brothers coordinate down to their hairstyle and seem do mirror one another. It's low hanging fruit radio that in no way question either Sedin's toughness, manhood, or sexuality.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I get that there could have been undertones, but even saying this gives a small amount of credibility to the nuts trying to make this a story.

The reasonable conclusion is to take the conversation at face value. It's a stereotype, and yes stereotypes are often frowned upon, but twins are often portrayed as having unique or strange relationships: secret languages, attachment issues. Right or wrong it's a perception.

Bob (the host) was clearly poking fun at Benn essentially asking if he an Jordie had that same type of codependent relationship. That's the ONLY thing they were talking about ... not anyone's sexuality. In this PC world, YES it's frowned upon to acknowledge a stereotype. Shame on them. Move on.

They were talking about their facial hair for goodness sake .... not who they are attracted too. It was a dumb conversation about how "odd" to them is that the brothers coordinate down to their hairstyle and seem do mirror one another. It's low hanging fruit radio that in no way question either Sedin's toughness, manhood, or sexuality.

As an identical twin I can confirm that that your relationship with you identical twin is a very different from normal relationships. That said there is much ignorance towards twins, reading Benn say what he said is kind off wrong and ignorant but very normal.

Just a heads up. It's very annoying for someone as myself to be asked the same questions and hearing the same jokes about twins over and over but you learn to live with it. Benn is just a normal dude doing what normal young dudes do, poking fun at people. Wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Looks like you linked to a draft preview of the post.

Disappointed to learn that you are neither Beelzebub or Miroslav Satan.

Yeah I'm still getting used to this WordPress stuff. Too lazy/busy to code my own site. I think I may have fixed the link.... otherwise just visit here

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: maybe it's just a pseudonym ;)

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Yeah I'm still getting used to this WordPress stuff. Too lazy/busy to code my own site. I think I may have fixed the link.... otherwise just visit here

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: maybe it's just a pseudonym ;)

4. Perfectly sharpen pencils… not just 4 or 5 but like sharpen 100 pencils in one sitting. Sweden has one of the best education systems in the world, if not the best, so it’s likely that the Sedin twins keep pencils handy. Who knows when you’re going to have to write a grocery list?

The Swedish education system is not that good anymore. ;):laugh:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
As an identical twin I can confirm that that your relationship with you identical twin is a very different from normal relationships. That said there is much ignorance towards twins, reading Benn say what he said is kind off wrong and ignorant but very normal.

Just a heads up. It's very annoying for someone as myself to be asked the same questions and hearing the same jokes about twins over and over but you learn to live with it. Benn is just a normal dude doing what normal young dudes do, poking fun at people. Wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Thanks for the information. I think we all get that the hosts and to some extent Benn and Seguin were being ***** about the twins. We just also realize no reasonable person would conclude they were being homophobic. It's a massive leap, and I'd say 95% of the people never even heard the interview and are reacting to bad third party information.

I've only known one set of identical twins, and they did do the matching thing where you couldn't tell them apart. We were teenagers in the scouts so they got their fair share of razing ... no more or less than anyone else ... their's was just twin related. They were great guys that had no problem with the group dynamic.

Glove .... you immediately made me think of the Hanson's and Slap Shot bringing their toys on the out of town trips ... lol.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Is he ignorant, or are your twin powers merely weaker than most twins?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Thanks for the information. I think we all get that the hosts and to some extent Benn and Seguin were being ***** about the twins. We just also realize no reasonable person would conclude they were being homophobic. It's a massive leap, and I'd say 95% of the people never even heard the interview and are reacting to bad third party information.

I've only known one set of identical twins, and they did do the matching thing where you couldn't tell them apart. We were teenagers in the scouts so they got their fair share of razing ... no more or less than anyone else ... their's was just twin related. They were great guys that had no problem with the group dynamic.

Glove .... you immediately made me think of the Hanson's and Slap Shot bringing their toys on the out of town trips ... lol.

Hey I agree with you. Just said that while harmless fun and not a big deal at all it's understandable to a very small degree. Since we expect celebrities to be perfect and superhuman with their PC powers.

Sounds like a really bad MMO.

That's because you haven't tried it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
True. :laugh: You don't unlock those cool sex powers until lvl 21.

benn1.gif

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad