Player Discussion Jamie Benn - 2014-2015 Art Ross Trophy Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Hey I agree with you. Just said that while harmless fun and not a big deal at all it's understandable to a very small degree. Since we expect celebrities to be perfect and superhuman with their PC powers.

Sorry. I meant that to come off as agreeing with you. Just adding to the point it's annoying that I guarantee an overwhelming majority never heard the clip.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Where does Jamie max out for his career best points in a single season. This year he's putting up 80+ with a poor 1st half by his standards and in a drought year for scoring. I think he can hit 90-95 for sure. Can he hit 100?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Well, PPG at least obviously.

I'm not sure about 100, but it really depends on how scoring around the league fluctuates. This year, scoring's about the same as usual, it's just more spread out. If the top players starting wracking up more points in the next couple of years, I don't think 100 is out of the question as a peak.

93 is my guess. 34-59-93 sometime within the next couple of years.

Just made that up, too.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I would say about 85, MAYBE 90. This window here (age 24 to say 28 or so) is typically a player's offensive prime, and given the league's style of game and what we're seeing, I don't know if he builds too much on this season.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Yeah asking for a hundred from him with scoring the way it is would be a tall order. I tend to think that if he does break 90-95 points it will be because he has a career year goal scoring-wise. His supporting cast over the next few years should help him, especially playing a lot with an improving Klingberg and Nichushkin if they end up back on a line together. It's entirely possible this is his career best scoring season.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
2 points tomorrow night and Jamie wins the Art Ross.

Not guaranteed. Isles and Pens both play tomorrow night, and both have something to play for.

Isles are fighting for home ice, while the Pens are in a "win and in" situation.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Not guaranteed. Isles and Pens both play tomorrow night, and both have something to play for.

Isles are fighting for home ice, while the Pens are in a "win and in" situation.

Yeah. My bad. I just realized that the Pens and Isles both have one more game left.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Benn started to pick up his pace when Seguin went down with his injury.

He doesn't need Seguin to win this. I'm not going to blame Seguin being scratched on Benn not being able to come away with it. Sure, they do help each other, but Benn absolutely can put up 2 or 3 points on his own tonight.

Clardz

Jan 25, 2013
DFW
Seeing him do the things he's done, even just up to this point in his career, and I can't help but snicker at his old Hockey's Future profile and the projection of "Like a less talented Wojtek Wolski"... Congrats to Jamie :handclap::cheers:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
That was one of the most unbelievable sports moments! Unreal. Jamie Benn is a special, special player. Thanks for that one, Jamie.:handclap:

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Just wanted to congratulate you guys on Benn's awesome heroic Art Ross. If Crosby couldn't win it I'm glad a guy like Benn did. I love how it happened just so randim and wonky. Hockey gods man.

Loved how the rest of the Stars stood and clapped for him during the goal celebration. Classy speech too. You guys have an awesome young team that is going to be killer soon.

Take care and congrats again to Benn

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Thanks, everyone. :)

Such a huge moment for Benn and the team. I'm still so pumped about this. :yo:

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
I wonder how that piece of crap "Benn is not even close to Malkin so I'm gonna veto Benn winning the poll" guy is feeling now...

Awesome season for him though... Not everything was peaches and roses this season, but it sure was another big step towards his own inevitable superstar future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad