Player Discussion Jamie Benn - 2014-2015 Art Ross Trophy Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
You grasshoppers don't even KNOW how awesome Saturday comics were, once upon a time.

They're garbage now, mostly. But Calvin and Hobbes was something else, let me tell ya. :D

You mean Sunday comics right those were the longer ones every week, Saturday Cartoons and Sunday Comics

NukeJukes43

So who thinks big man is injured? The first 9 seconds of the hockey game we saw old Jamie Benn. Wheres the killer instinct? We've seen him single handedly dismantle a defense and then some.

There has to be something wrong. Mentally or physically.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
So who thinks big man is injured? The first 9 seconds of the hockey game we saw old Jamie Benn. Wheres the killer instinct? We've seen him single handedly dismantle a defense and then some.

There has to be something wrong. Mentally or physically.

Well he was questionable for a game last week with an issue that's been bothering him the whole season and then he miraculously recovered to play that game and the games since then so yeah I think it's a fair bet that he's injured

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
He looked good against the Hawks, and had a solid first against the Bruins, but he reverted right back to :facepalm: Jamie in the final 2 periods and capped it off with basically giving up after the Bs went up 2.

He's definitely injured in some sort of fashion but still disappointing to see.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
See growing up a beanie was one of those hats with a propeller on top

Yeah. I resisted the term beanie for a long time maybe that's why. Random, but I also hate the word dinner for some reason. Just don't like saying it. I say supper, which I believe makes me a hick.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I always called it supper and I grew up in Labrador but wouldn't associate my family with being hick

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Growing up in Texas everyone called soda/pop Coke. So if you were at a restaurant ordering you would say "Coke" then the server would ask "what kind?" "Dr. Pepper." Coke meant Coke and also soda in general. It seems like that doesn't happen as much anymore. I call it soda now. My cousin married an Okie and she says pop. First time she was around us and said it I don't think everyone even knew what she meant by pop. Don't know I've ever heard a native Texan say pop, but just over the river they do.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ah, yeah I've heard of that being common in some areas.....I don't get it though.

It's like calling all burgers Big Macs.

"What kind?"

"A Whopper."

:laugh:

Clardz

Jan 25, 2013
DFW
Growing up in Texas everyone called soda/pop Coke. So if you were at a restaurant ordering you would say "Coke" then the server would ask "what kind?" "Dr. Pepper." Coke meant Coke and also soda in general. It seems like that doesn't happen as much anymore. I call it soda now. My cousin married an Okie and she says pop. First time she was around us and said it I don't think everyone even knew what she meant by pop. Don't know I've ever heard a native Texan say pop, but just over the river they do.

Definitely grew up on the "coke as all encompassing soft drink term" tip but call it soda now. Similar to kleenex/xerox/frisbee :dunno:

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Has been on a mission these games after the All-Star break.. Amazing skill that lead to the Daley goal(vs.TBL). Hopefully this is just a start for the captain, we need him to lead the line every night..

Burr08

Mar 5, 2014
I have to say Benn was one of my favourite players in the league until this morning. After hearing his and seguins comments on the radio regarding the sedins I was absolutely disgusted. With how big the " you can play" campaign is in the NHL I can't see it going unnoticed.

Last edited:

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
I have to say Benn was one of my favourite players in the league until this morning. After hearing his and seguins comments on the radio regarding the sedins I was absolutely disgusted. With how big the " you can play" campaign is in the NHL I can't see it going unnoticed.

Please show us the homophobic statement with which you can coincide with your "you can play" comment. And please do not quote him saying how they probably do other things together, because that's you playing off of assumption.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
What did he say?

"Jordie's 27." (When asked if he and Jordie room together since young players have roommates)
"Who knows what else they do together ?" (In response to a comment about the Sedins possibly rooming together)
"I don't know. So I can't say." (In response to being asked whether or not the Sedins are weird)

Those are literally the only things he said during that segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad