Illinois
C'mon Jamie, just take her to lunch!

link

tumblr_mjsgixPvS41qc23u6o1_250.gif

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I don't see how people wear those things unless they're outside and it's like 40 degrees or less. If I do it feels like my ears are on fire and my brain is baking.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Might be the fabric that the ones I've worn were made of but I always found those things itchy as hell, especially if it's not freezing cold and I end up sweating in it.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
If you have longer hair and don't want to brush it, the beanie is pure greatness. All he needs to do now is put some Ray Bans on and pick up a pack of smokes.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Clearly you guys are missing the point of the toque: you don't need to style your hair when you wear that thing. When player wakes up before the game he can style his hair knowing it will immediately go into a helmet, or he can throw on a toque, pulling the wool over all of your eyes.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I beg to differ.

Jamie+Benn+Florida+Panthers+v+Dallas+Stars+Cpsf-poz4k6l.jpg

Away game bro.

Bus leaves the hotel at a fixed time. Players are never really outside, they go from the lobby to the bus to the heated stadium garage. Once you get to the rink there is spare time to do things like eat peanut butter sandwiches or style your hair or listen to your jams, but you have to be on the bus when it leaves. A toque means no time at the hotel is wasted doing hair that you could be watching Grown Ups 2.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Away game bro.

Bus leaves the hotel at a fixed time. Players are never really outside, they go from the lobby to the bus to the heated stadium garage. Once you get to the rink there is spare time to do things like eat peanut butter sandwiches or style your hair or listen to your jams, but you have to be on the bus when it leaves. A toque means no time at the hotel is wasted doing hair that you could be watching Grown Ups 2.

The boards say Texas on them in the photo. I wonder if this is from the game they showcased the white jerseys?

Brand New Stars

I would no longer be a fan if Benn enjoyed the Grown Ups movies.

Clardz

Jan 25, 2013
DFW
Any Marek vs Wyshynski fans here? The January 12 episode opens with them pondering hockey players and the omnipresence of their beanies

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I'll give it a listen. I listened to them in the off-season because I was so hockey starved.

>edit>listening.

So I believe it was Modo that brought up the term toque. I'd never heard of it so had to look it up. It means beanie in Canadian. When I was a kid in Texas we called them toboggans. At some point I noticed everyone started calling them beanies. Now listening to M&W I'm stunned by yet another revelation! Toque is pronounced tewk! I guess it's kinda like how Kari is pronounced Carrie in Canadian and sorry is pronounced swarry/sore-ee. :yo:

Last edited:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I find it confusing because tuuk is what the thing that holds the skate blade to the boot thing is called. Homophones man.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
I'll give it a listen. I listened to them in the off-season because I was so hockey starved.

>edit>listening.

So I believe it was Modo that brought up the term toque. I'd never heard of it so had to look it up. It means beanie in Canadian. When I was a kid in Texas we called them toboggans. At some point I noticed everyone started calling them beanies. Now listening to M&W I'm stunned by yet another revelation! Toque is pronounced tewk! I guess it's kinda like how Kari is pronounced Carrie in Canadian and sorry is pronounced swarry/sore-ee. :yo:

See growing up a beanie was one of those hats with a propeller on top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad