Injury Report: James Reimer (Head/Neck)

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
If he just caught the puck he would have been fine. His crappy glove hand cost him again and caused him to flop around.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
This is just heartbreaking.

I didn't see it, but if it was identical to the last time he got hit like that, we know long he was out for last time.

Getting Bernier may go down this season as the best deal Nonis made. Bernier wants to be a number one, he's going to get his chance now.

If Reimer is out for an extended period, Nonis may try and grab a vet backup, depending on he feels about the AHL farmhands-will probably mean another body to move (not necessarily Reimer obviously-they couldn't anyway while he's injured).

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Not pathetic at all. If he caught a routine shot he wouldn't have gone fishing for it. Watch the play. He has to take as much blame for what happened. Surprised the ref didn't give then a delay of game penalty six feet out of the crease.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This fanbase is pathetic. Blaming Reimer for the injury.
Yeah, never been as disappointed in this fanbase than right now. For all we know Reimer is gone for the season and people are blaming the injured. Not much that Leivo could have done, but that's ridiculous. Even the goalies with the best gloves in the league won't catch everything perfect every single time. It landed in front of him and he went to cover it.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Not pathetic at all. If he caught a routine shot he wouldn't have gone fishing for it. Watch the play. He has to take as much blame for what happened. Surprised the ref didn't give then a delay of game penalty six feet out of the crease.

Now you're just trolling.

Delay of games don't come until the red line.

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Now you're just trolling.

Delay of games don't come until the red line.

Not trolling at all, been a Leaf fan since 72. If he caught the puck the play is dead. It was a routine save then he goes fishing for it. Freak accident but that's how they happen.

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Yeah, never been as disappointed in this fanbase than right now. For all we know Reimer is gone for the season and people are blaming the injured. Not much that Leivo could have done, but that's ridiculous. Even the goalies with the best gloves in the league won't catch everything perfect every single time. It landed in front of him and he went to cover it.

Whatever guy

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Not trolling at all, been a Leaf fan since 72. If he caught the puck the play is dead. It was a routine save then he goes fishing for it. Freak accident but that's how they happen.

That's exactly what it was, a freak accident. Neither Reimer nor Leivo should be blamed for it. It was pretty much Reimer trying to cover a puck while Leivo was trying skate hard so he can stay up with the club.

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
That's exactly what it was, a freak accident. Neither Reimer nor Leivo should be blamed for it. It was pretty much Reimer trying to cover a puck while Leivo was trying skate hard so he can stay up with the club.

It was Reimer failing to catch a routine save from the boards at the face off circle. If he caught it play over but since his glove hand is sub par he blocks it and he puts himself in a crap position. Difference between him and Bernier. Bernier controls his rebounds and has a great glove hand and is not flopping around. I'm not going to sit here and have my head in the sand. These plays always happen after a player fails to make a routine play, I would say the same thing if it was a goalie for another team.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009

It was an accident that wouldn't have happened had Reimer made a clean save, Leivo made a mistake in not paying more attention. Sucks that he got injured but it is what it is.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Well it is a good thing we you know never traded one of these guys away for this EXACT reason.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Mac would be up I think. He looked good in pre season and we cant afford to sign another contract.

Hope its minor, goalie battle has been the cause of our wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad