Injury Report: James Reimer (Head/Neck)

Tyler Biggs*

I'm hoping for two things: Reims left as a precautionary measure and Bernier steps in nicely.

I'm sure Mr. Bernier will do a good job! He's looking for every opportunity to seize the #1 goal tending position, and he's qualified to do it in my humble opinion. GO LEAFS GO!

Penalty Kill Icing*

They are saying he should be able to practice tomorrow. So there's that.

Tyler Biggs*

I love Reimer, always has a smile and always gives it his all, him and Bernier are both young and both have different styles but, a solid 1-2 punch in goal is going to help the Leafs this year.

I wonder if all those Toronto fans who were so eager to drop Reimer from the team when Bernier was playing so well are still wanting to trade him? Reimer is only 25 and he will continue to improve for many years. Many goalies only reach their peak around their mid 30's. He will learn to control his rebounds over time; but what you have to like about Reimer is his desire to win and his resilience. It seems that whenever the fans and media are ready to write him off, that he comes back very strongly and proves them all wrong. You've got to love this young man's spirit!

CR

Oct 17, 2013
Sad to see something like this happen to a goaltender. Hopefully everything is good and he'll be back in the net in no time.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
A headache doesn't sound good for a guy who's had a concussion last season. Hopefully, 'expected to practice' means that he's okay and no symptoms remain or come back.

Does that guy have bad luck or what?

There's a thread asking which goalie should start but the health of these goalies should be #1 priority and maybe some defensive help.

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Yes if he caught it it doesn't happen this time, but goalies go after rebounds all the time and it is a good thing. He made the right choice given he didn't catch it.
It really was a freak accident.
Hopefully it is just a headache and he left the game to make sure it isn't more serious.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I hope that James is feeling better.
one is oft to have a headache after having a guy ram his knee into his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad