Injury Report: James Reimer (Head/Neck)

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Man, just as this guy put together a very good year last year and comes off a fantastic start last game he gets ****ing smashed in the head by his own ****ing player..... Not only does it suck for us, but I feel bad for James. That's really tough luck when he really got his career back on track after the whiplash/concussion before.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Poor Reims and his glass melon. You see guys get smashed all the time but our Reims gets concussed. Hope it's not the case this time.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Poor Reims and his glass melon. You see guys get smashed all the time but our Reims gets concussed. Hope it's not the case this time.

Yeah but this was knee on head contact, it happens to every athlete. Football players get concussed all the time when they get a knee to the helmet.

Toque*

Reimer's helmet was specially designed to absorb impact and give easily. That's why if you noticed last year and this year his helmet would always fall off. This also prevents the neck from being pulled with the head on impact.

Should be okay.

http://ingoalmag.com/masks/transformer-optimus-reimer-featured-on-new-maple-leafs-mask/

He is wearing a new Bauer prototype that includes the same “Re-AKT” technology used in their player helmet, with an inner liner that allows the outside to twist with heavy side, or rotational impact, before taking the head and neck with it. Reimer hopes the new mask will prevent a repeat of last season, when he missed most of the year with a neck injury that included concussion symptoms because of a blow to the side of the head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 36s
A goalie who is not Bernier or Reimer is on the ice ... would seem to indicate that James won't practise today

Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 1m
#Leafs practice goaltender today is University of Toronto's Michael Nishi. #TMLtalk

My Alma mater FTW. :yo:

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
After what he went through a few seasons ago, I'm just hoping this isn't another long term thing that affects James well being. Guy should take every precaution, hopefully it's just a stiff neck or something small.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If he is unable to dress tomorrow who comes up?

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY
Does Riemer sit beside luppy in the dressing room??????. Cant catch a break this year with the injury bug:cry:

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
And someone will have to go down to make it work?

Apparently the UofT goalie is on the ice today. Wonder how much he gets paid for that.

I think there's an exception for an emergency call up...I might be wrong but I think this would count as one.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Jeff O'Neill proving once again the dinosaur he is. Just called out Reimer for leaving the game last night but being at practice today. Has he not paid attention to the last five years or so of concussion research?

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Jeff O'Neill proving once again the dinosaur he is. Just called out Reimer for leaving the game last night but being at practice today. Has he not paid attention to the last five years or so of concussion research?

Yeah I've stopped listening to TSN 1050 at lunch because of Jeff O'Neill. Can't say anything good and just comes off as a bitter former player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->