James Neal Appreciation Thread

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
ZomboMeme 19102019121925.jpg

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The absolute delusions of the Flames fans base are going into overdrive with Neals hot start. statements like “any ahl scrub could do what he’s doing if put in that position” are hilarious.

Next they’ll have some sort of mass amnesia effect where they don’t even remember who James Neal is. A defense mechanism of sorts to protect their fragile mental states.

Any AHL scrub but not Lucic, been there, tried that...bahaha

Reactions: MikeGrier99

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I am trying to put myself in the flames fans shoes and see if i can justify this trade and see it as a great trade for the flames. When playoff time comes, Lucic would come in handy so there is some good coming out of all this for the flames. But what if the Flames miss the playoffs because of Lucic's lazy play?

They also mentioned Lucic of 2019-2020 will be better than Neal of 2018-2019. This might be true. So overall it might not be as bad as what it looks like for the flames.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I am trying to put myself in the flames fans shoes and see if i can justify this trade and see it as a great trade for the flames. When playoff time comes, Lucic would come in handy so there is some good coming out of all this for the flames. But what if the Flames miss the playoffs because of Lucic's lazy play?

They also mentioned Lucic of 2019-2020 will be better than Neal of 2018-2019. This might be true. So overall it might not be as bad as what it looks like for the flames.
I've watched a few Lames games this year, and Lucic looks every bit as putrid and slow as he did last year for us. I can see the press box coming for him soon, but the Flames might resist putting him there to make this trade look even possibly worse than it already does.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
While it’s rightfully fair to mock CP for some of their crazy delusions about this trade, it should be noted that there are a few level-headed flames fans attempting to inject some reality into the discussion.

“It appears there are way too many that are willing to eschew the truth in favor of some delusion where a player we rightly mocked for several years, as he performed abysmally up the road in Shelbyville, is now a good addition to the team. Milan Lucic has been garbage for years, and we had been merciless in our rightful criticism and mocking of the Oilers for supporting him and the worst contract in hockey. There is nothing positive to having Lucic on the team. Nothing.” - CP poster New Era.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019

I am putting it out there that I think Calgary is going to miss the playoffs this year. You cannot make moves in the offseason that weaken your team. Obtaining Lucic , Reider and Talbot automatically makes them worse.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
While it’s rightfully fair to mock CP for some of their crazy delusions about this trade, it should be noted that there are a few level-headed flames fans attempting to inject some reality into the discussion.

“It appears there are way too many that are willing to eschew the truth in favor of some delusion where a player we rightly mocked for several years, as he performed abysmally up the road in Shelbyville, is now a good addition to the team. Milan Lucic has been garbage for years, and we had been merciless in our rightful criticism and mocking of the Oilers for supporting him and the worst contract in hockey. There is nothing positive to having Lucic on the team. Nothing.” - CP poster New Era.
My takeaway from that is:
1) guy has an extensive vocabulary
2) how dare they call us Shelbyville. They’re Shelbyville with all their Cup envy. Enjoy your turnip juice, nerds.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
This trade is a mockery. Any fan that thinks this is remotely even really needs to get their heads examined.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
@Del Preston you still got that gif of Undertaker throwing Mankind off the cell with the Oil's and Flame's logos shopped on their faces? Might be time to break that puppy out for another go-around but this time when Undertaker choke-slammed Mankind through the cell down into the ring. I knew Neal was gonna work out for you. I didn't think it would be like this but we all knew Looch is like the Sam Losco of the NHL and that he'd remain that way.

Holla at my boy @TB12

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Sounds like Milan has turned into quite the player down there with his newfound faceoff and passing abilities.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

Its like trading a broken car for the pay to drive it to the carcross, for the flames, but for Oilers trading bullshit and finding that the broken car engine is a ferrari, ready to be installed in another high-functional sportscar.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
@Del Preston you still got that gif of Undertaker throwing Mankind off the cell with the Oil's and Flame's logos shopped on their faces? Might be time to break that puppy out for another go-around but this time when Undertaker choke-slammed Mankind through the cell down into the ring. I knew Neal was gonna work out for you. I didn't think it would be like this but we all knew Looch is like the Sam Losco of the NHL and that he'd remain that way.

Holla at my boy @TB12
aaOhbCM.gif

Last edited:

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Hasn't been scoring much of late. Might have fulfilled his quota and now he can cost around with zero goals for the rest of the season.

Even if that is the case, he's still produced more than Lucic would have for the Oilers this entire season.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Neal is off to a blazing start. Does it have to do with playing with McJesus/Draisaitl or is he just playing good, solid hockey?

Who’s his regular line mates?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Neal is off to a blazing start. Does it have to do with playing with McJesus/Draisaitl or is he just playing good, solid hockey?

Neal is on the 2nd line with RNH but he is getting most of his production on the PP.

Neal has 2 things that Lucic doesnt have...hockey sense and soft hands.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

He's on a line with RNH and Chiasson. Admittedly, he's scored most of his goals on the 1st PP, but he hasn't been lost at evens.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Neal is on the 2nd line with RNH but he is getting most of his production on the PP.

Neal has 2 things that Lucic doesnt have...hockey sense and soft hands.
And skates. Which is really unfair to Lucic sliding around in flipflops. -Eric Francis

Reactions: guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad