James Neal Appreciation Thread

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
The Oilers last year were a colossal disappointment, and Treviling decides to bring aboard their 3 most disappointing players in Talbot/Rieder/Lucic - what the hell was he thinking? I wonder if he thought he would stick it to us somehow. It makes no sense at all. What an amazing trade by Holland.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
There is a possibility that Neal hits 20 goals before Lucic gets 1. That is unbelievable. I heard rumors that Spezza is on the block or might get waived....I wonder if he would get a fire lit under him like Neal?

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
The Oilers last year were a colossal disappointment, and Treviling decides to bring aboard their 3 most disappointing players in Talbot/Rieder/Lucic - what the hell was he thinking? I wonder if he thought he would stick it to us somehow. It makes no sense at all. What an amazing trade by Holland.

Yup.

I would not be surprised if there is a perception that Oilers players would perform much better in other locations. I am hoping that some team has this perception about JP. That he is really an allstar forward who looks bad just because he played with the Oilers.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Uhh..

You shouldn't bet on too many 36 year olds to turn it around.

Probably a good idea, you gotta think though that he might be really motivated to shove it to the Leafs organization. He was pretty elite for a while but his career is winding down.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Uhh..

You shouldn't bet on too many 36 year olds to turn it around.

Guy has 4 points in 10 games on the 4th line. He's got a better PPG than any forward on our team not named McDavid, Draisaitl, Zombie-Hopkins, Kassian or Neal. Still great on faceoffs. What does he need to turn around exactly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad