James Neal Appreciation Thread

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is an example of what Lucic is able to contribute to his team.
How beautiful is it that he is doing this with the Flames and they gave up a 20+ goal scorer to get stuff like this. :D

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This is an example of what Lucic is able to contribute to his team.
How beautiful is it that he is doing this with the Flames and they gave up a 20+ goal scorer to get stuff like this. :D

It’s surprising how many flames fans are happy with the trade and his zero goals and 3 points in 16 games so far. Lol

Holland is the man.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Because he's a petty and arrogant caveman that was having a temper tantrum because a rookie made him look bad.

Only time that bum does any “intimidating” is when someone embarrasses him personally with a hit on him or something similar. Branding him as a team player is laughable, he only really looks out for himself.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's been great, but I am concerned about his plus minus rating. That's not everything, but I think the context of that rating is something. He might be a bit behind the play a lot, although yes, in key times he often makes a clever pass or a great shot.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Only time that bum does any “intimidating” is when someone embarrasses him personally with a hit on him or something similar. Branding him as a team player is laughable, he only really looks out for himself.

Yeah, basically every highlite he's ever had, even the Miller hit he had was him getting personally embarrassed and then exploding.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It’s surprising how many flames fans are happy with the trade and his zero goals and 3 points in 16 games so far. Lol

Holland is the man.

I think that so called 'happiness' is for the benefit of Oilers fans.
Bad enough that they got absolutely destroyed with this trade they sure dont want to give Oilers fans the pleasure of seeing their disappointment. :D

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Goals are good and all but Neal has provided virtually nothing in the toughness and sucker punch department. If I could go back in time and reverse one trade it would be the Neal for Lucic trade. That trade was even worse then Hall for Larsson, Reinhart for picks and even the Gretzky trade.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Goals are good and all but Neal has provided virtually nothing in the toughness and sucker punch department. If I could go back in time and reverse one trade it would be the Neal for Lucic trade. That trade was even worse then Hall for Larsson, Reinhart for picks and even the Gretzky trade.

Said no one ever....:nod:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What if?

Oilers will play vs Calgary in playoffs and Lucic will score the overtime GWG in game 7. This thread will explode.

Neal is more likely to break the playoff goal scoring record in that series than what you said.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not sure what anyone expected from chaisson, his aberration year was totally due to mcdavid.

Nobody expected him to get close to his goal total from last season but the reality is that Chiasson is a 10-15 goal scorer.
Are we now using the 17 game sample bludgeon on every Vet player who is struggling this year?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Neal was always going to likely be a big minus player at evens... many of us said that after the trade.

He's a guy that can get 20+ goals and his speed (or rather lack of) and defensive deficiencies have the potential to still make him a net negative on the team.

So far though he's been brilliant on the PP which makes him a solid net positive out there and it's up to the rest of the lineup to contribute defensively and make up for Neal's lack of speed.

It would also help if the coach didn't shove him on the 3 on 3 situations in overtime where you can really see his lack of speed gets really exposed.

Guy has great hands and when he gets in greasy areas and in good scoring positions to get his shot off and get deflections/rebounds... he really shows the strengths of his game.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Flames fans pointing out Neals plus minus saying they won the trade when in fact Lucic has 0 goals and is a minus three.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

This has to down as one of the most crackpot posts I have ever seen here.

Unless this is a Flames fan posting.

If nothing else, you can buy out Neal if you hate him that bad. Finding a player to bring what Lucic currently brings would cost you league minimum.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This has to down as one of the most crackpot posts I have ever seen here.

Unless this is a Flames fan posting.

If nothing else, you can buy out Neal if you hate him that bad. Finding a player to bring what Lucic currently brings would cost you league minimum.

You know I’m joking.....

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Flames fans pointing out Neals plus minus saying they won the trade when in fact Lucic has 0 goals and is a minus three.

Its interesting how some fans disregard the most difficult aspect of hockey (scoring goals) and try to misdirect with other far less important aspects of the game.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oh no, Francis is not gonna like this

Looch going lighter on opponents? Big risk to his PIMs/60

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I want to thank the lord for us getting Holland and that idiotic ownership in Calgary extending The wizard, "Tre"

Thank you guys so much

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->