Player Discussion Jakub Zboril

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
My comment wasn't directed at you, that's an awful long rant, you seem upset.

Like I said, there are a bunch of know-nothings on this board who look at Matt Gryz and assume he's not long for the NHL because he's not heavy or tall. Certainly there are posters like yourself whose opinion isn't based on his height and weight, but generally, the posters here who don't see the value in a Matt Gryz (or a Torey Krug for that matter) can't get past the height and weight issue.

The guy you replied to (Dr. Hook) with your "Know-Nothings" post was responding to my post in which I omitted Gryz from my list of future Bruins core D. I wasn't mad, I just can't stand any form of elitism on these boards. Even if I strongly disagree with someone's stance. I have been wrong on plenty of occasions, despite putting probably too much time into following these players.

Regarding my rant...I just figured I need to account for my omission of Gryz. I really like him, but I struggle with whether he is a core guy or not. I am probably wrong about him...but if I am wrong, at least I did a ton of research very poorly.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The guy you replied to (Dr. Hook) with your "Know-Nothings" post was responding to my post in which I omitted Gryz from my list of future Bruins core D. I wasn't mad, I just can't stand any form of elitism on these boards. Even if I strongly disagree with someone's stance. I have been wrong on plenty of occasions, despite putting probably too much time into following these players.

Regarding my rant...I just figured I need to account for my omission of Gryz. I really like him, but I struggle with whether he is a core guy or not. I am probably wrong about him...but if I am wrong, at least I did a ton of research very poorly.

I didn't even realize he was replying to your post. Like I said it was a generalization.

I'm no expert I've just grown very tired of seeing the same stuff on this board about smaller players, and we see it more and more now that the Bruins have two smaller D-men, not just one.

Back to Gryz, I think we are of the same mindset, really like how he's playing, is he a core guy? I'm not sure but my definition of a core player is likely very different than some others.

Reactions: Dr Hook

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hoping the kid plays a simple game tonight, good for the kid. I know he`s far from a fan favorite here but I don`t care, I`ll root for any prospect/Bruins property outside of Koko:sarcasm:

Reactions: Saxon Eric

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Limited ice time, but I liked his game overall. NHL quality skillset. The kid just needs some time to get it all together, either here in the bigs or continued 1st pairing down in the minors. He comes as advertised from the ones that have watched him play this year: a budding top 4 kid with a lot of untapped potential still to be honed.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Assuming he gets the call tomorrow, he can build off his strong 2nd and 3rd and maybe take on some more ice time. That first was ROCKY. But he did look totally fine as the game went on.

Clifton and Lauzon we excellent tonight.

said the same in GDT, Zboril looked very nervous in the 1st but settled in nicely, Clifton (this fan`s first viewing) was solid, made some things happen then took on Mrs Spezza who thought he`d picked an easy target

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
Zboril’s skating separates him from the other d-men. He needs to work on not panicking with the puck but I think he’ll be a solid D-Man if we give him some time

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Not surprised he was a bit shaky to start,he can be his own worst enemy at times and like everyone saw when he settled down he's pretty solid

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I hope he can get more than 10 minutes tonight. He had some mistakes, but I chalk it up to nerves. He settled in and looked good. He had a great post game interview as well.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I thought he played well after getting his feet under him in the first. I am more optimistic watching him last night then I was when he was first taken

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Horrible in the 1st, got better in the 2nd though. Didn't see the 3rd period.
Comparing Zboril's debut with Lauzon's, how can you tell me with straight face they are on the same level? Lauzon played like a legit NHLer right in his very first shift. No wonder Lauzon got called up before Zboril.

I would so much rather walk Zboril/Lauzon on the 2nd PP unit over Kampfer.
Zboril handled the puck like a grenade in his debut. Kampfer gets too much hate on this board. He is 7th defenseman, not his fault all our defensemen are injured. Can't argue with Lauzon though, would be nice if he got some PP time.

Reactions: FanSince72

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Comparing Zboril's debut with Lauzon's, how can you tell me with straight face they are on the same level? Lauzon played like a legit NHLer right in his very first shift. No wonder Lauzon got called up before Zboril.

Zboril handled the puck like a grenade in his debut. Kampfer gets too much hate on this board. He is 7th defenseman, not his fault all our defensemen are injured. Can't argue with Lauzon though, would be nice if he got some PP time.

It was his first NHL game. He settled in and looked good. So because he handled the puck in his debut (a game you state you didn't even fully see) that means he shouldn't see PP time? :laugh:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

That's the way I saw it, too. By his own admission in the post-game presser he was nervous. Only his first game, so hard to draw conclusions.

Lauzon looks so much like a regular on the Blue Line and fits in seamlessly . Wonder how he will rate in the pecking order when Vaakanainen returns ?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Too soon to give him PP time. But Lauzon, OTOH....

Last edited:

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
It was his first NHL game. He settled in and looked good. So because he handled the puck in his debut (a game you state you didn't even fully see) that means he shouldn't see PP time? :laugh:
Yeah
Or do you want to just gift him the ice-time? He has to earn it. Krug, Grzelcyk, Lauzon and Kampfer are better PP options. Hell, maybe even Clifton, who looked solid.

Reactions: Ratty

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
That's the way I saw it, too. By his own admission in the post-game presser he was nervous. Only his first game, so hard to draw conclusions.

Lauzon looks so much like a regular on the Blue Line and fits in seamlessly . Wonder how he will rate in the pecking order when Vaakanainen returns ?

Yes Zboril was better when he settle in, but right now, we have 6 defensmen in the NHL + Kampfer as the 7th, then Vaakanainen, Lauzon and maybe even Clifton. He is far from a top 4 spot on the NHL roster now and in the future. With McAvoy, Carlo, Krug, Grzelcyk as young guys allready in the team, being the 3rd or 4th best prospect at is position is far from a good position for his future here imho.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

he handled the puck like a grenade in the first, settled in nicely afterwards

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
All those here saying Lauzon looked so much better in his 1st game are lying or have bad memories. He was shaky, missed passes, and had some gap control issues. That 1st game he had a whole 32 seconds more ice time than Zboril did in this game and that was a 3-0 Bruins victory meaning he could have seen more but they chose not to use him. Lauzon also had a similar bad giveaway in his own zone early on in his 1st game and both times the goalie bailed them out. I can't believe all the people on here with agendas. It's crazy.

Is Lauzon better now after 6 or 7 games? Absolutely. He settled down and started playing his game. If he stays around long enough, I would expect to see that from Zboril too but he may not. O'Gara never settled down and it's possible Zboril will struggle too. We won't know until the games happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad