Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He also said he had a talk with Sweeney

big changes per Sweeney sound like Chara gone

‘I believe I’m better then Lauzon’ is outstanding revelation even if he isn’t

he’s confident

I don’t think I’ve ever read an interview like this from the Bruins brain washing on and off the ice

too funny the Bruins knew so much about what he was doing

love they gave him 1 way and everyone said sign it

He may suck but I went to two of the last 12 games they played and they ran the table and he was like a traffic cop out there directing play

I called Eric on ride home to see if we watched same thing and he agreed

the last guy kicked to curb is a lot different then him - he’s from another area of world and refreshing interview

He sounds somewhat immature to me.

Reactions: CheerstoBeers

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Rubbing me the wrong way too,he comes across as a arrogant dick
It's to bad as all the interviews he's done last few years painted a very different picture

I disagree. I think it shows confidence and a little gamesmanship between ( former and potential ) teammates. Marchand and Krug use to rag on each other all the time, from who was taller, who was better looking, and it became a game as to who had the better quips. I don't know if he and Lauzon are close, but seeing as they both are from the 2015 draft and have spent a lot of time together in the minors, I wouldn't doubt it.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Him saying he believes he's better than Lauzon probably wasn't necessary, but it doesn't come off as arrogant to me.

"Věřím, že jsem lepší." would be translated to "I believe I am better", but "I hope I am better" would also be a correct transaltion.

I think Zboril meant the remark in a confident and hopeful way that he can beat out Lauzon at the camp, rather than throwing him under the bus and implying Lauzon should have never been up before him in the first place.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I disagree. I think it shows confidence and a little gamesmanship between ( former and potential ) teammates. Marchand and Krug use to rag on each other all the time, from who was taller, who was better looking, and it became a game as to who had the better quips. I don't know if he and Lauzon are close, but seeing as they both are from the 2015 draft and have spent a lot of time together in the minors, I wouldn't doubt it.
Hopefully lost in translation
For the record i don't have an issue asking for a trade

Reactions: HustleB

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It’s not a crazy idea. Since he looked nhl ready in the couple games I saw him play. I can’t wait to see how he handles an nhl season. This prospect is one of the more exciting ones imo.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I don't mind it either if it was a case where for all he knows Chara is going to keep playing, Krug is looking at a long-term deal (as we all thought at the time), and Gryz being there he didn't think he was going to get an opportunity any time soon.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Setting aside one was a 2nd rounder and the other was a mid 1st rounder, it is worth reflecting that it took Adam McQuaid until he was 24 before he secured a full time NHL position and that turned out quite nicely.

Reactions: Kegs

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I don't mind it either if it was a case where for all he knows Chara is going to keep playing, Krug is looking at a long-term deal (as we all thought at the time), and Gryz being there he didn't think he was going to get an opportunity any time soon.
All understandable. Nothing to forgive.

Why does the press know about it, though?

Telling the press about your 22 year old self asking to be traded is some low IQ shit. Right up there with talking down teammates.

Reactions: Dr Hook

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
All understandable. Nothing to forgive.

Why does the press know about it, though?

Telling the press about your 22 year old self asking to be traded is some low IQ shit. Right up there with talking down teammates.
Why ?

I think its just the opposite. :laugh:

The kid wanted a chance to play in the NHL and by going public about it, he forced Sweeney hand, and Sweeney isn't going to get anything close to where he went in the notorious 2015 draft.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The kid wanted a chance to play in the NHL and by going public about it, he forced Sweeney hand, and Sweeney isn't going to get anything close to where he went in the notorious 2015 draft.
Because he won't be traded upon request. He has no leverage.

"Forced Sweeney's hand"

Jesus Christ.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad