Player Discussion Jakub Zboril

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I just want his game to fit with McAvoy. He may not have the top end skill of a true 1st pairing guy, but if he can handle the minutes and assignments, help McAvoy transition on attack... that would be amazing.
All he has to do is be a competent 5 on 5 player....let's be real, Chara has been putting lots of pressure on Charlie's game 5 on 5, maybe little Z can take some of that pressure off.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I just want his game to fit with McAvoy. He may not have the top end skill of a true 1st pairing guy, but if he can handle the minutes and assignments, help McAvoy transition on attack... that would be amazing.

I don't think he's who you want with McAvoy. I think you want someone steadier to allow McAvoy more freedom to be more offensive. Pretty sure Vaakanainen was drafted to pair with McAvoy, but the jury is still out on that one. I think Zboril's game probably fits Carlo's better. He needs a steady presence as a partner.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
If zboril and lauzon play some solid shutdown solid hockey we have a winner .
I mean don that too much micro analysis for me. I think we are worse than last year while most other division rivals are better some significantly and we are trending down seemingly without a direction. It goes way beyond Zboril playing solid to me. The big picture of this organization is depressing

Reactions: Estlin

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I mean don that too much micro analysis for me. I think we are worse than last year while most other division rivals are better some significantly and we are trending down seemingly without a direction. It goes way beyond Zboril playing solid to me. The big picture of this organization is depressing
Lauzon looked pretty good when he played with the big boys and hopefully zboril does too. So that can save us say spending money on a nate schmidt. We can use that cap savings somewhere else.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Lauzon looked pretty good when he played with the big boys and hopefully zboril does too. So that can save us say spending money on a nate schmidt. We can use that cap savings somewhere else.
Absolutely and good point. I want the entire 2011 squad back but as their 2011 selves. That team was mean and nasty and literally almost everyone would drop the mitts. The good ole days man

Reactions: Kalus

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It might save money but it sure is playing Russian roulette with the backend for a team that is supposedly trying to win a Cup . Lauzon , Zboril and now Gryz on the first pair ? It’s reminiscent of what happened when the Bruins traded Johnny Boychuck . The D was hit hard with injuries that year and ended up not making the playoffs.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It should not take a guy drafted 13th overall 5 yrs to get there
This reeks of Sweeeney trying to save face and not enough cash to fix it right with holes in forward lines still in need of fixing.

You’re right it shouldn’t take that long, but what if he’s a Johnny boychuk type that took a while to develop?
Pretty sure all of ya would welcome with open arms if he turned out to be a boychuk type.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You’re right it shouldn’t take that long, but what if he’s a Johnny boychuk type that took a while to develop?
Pretty sure all of ya would welcome with open arms if he turned out to be a boychuk type.

Who’s to say it shouldn’t take that long? If he develops into what he was drafted to be then it doesn’t matter if it takes 1 year or 10 years.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
considering we crushed the division... they got a hell of a lot of improvimg to do to catch us

the one legitimate rival we had... they got worst

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
considering we crushed the division... they got a hell of a lot of improvimg to do to catch us

Who ever could you be referring too, I don't see anyone that could be considered a rival who got worse. I mean , Tampa will but they can stand to lose a few players without getting significantly worse.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT

You’re the only one on this board more concerned with regular season record than anything else. It could not mean less to me how many points they have in the season. It’s playoffs or no playoffs period. Look I respect your stance to talk and talk and talk your way into believing everything’s unicorns and butterflies I just choose to look at things more objectively

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You’re the only one on this board more concerned with regular season record than anything else. It could not mean less to me how many points they have in the season. It’s playoffs or no playoffs period. Look I respect your stance to talk and talk and talk your way into believing everything’s unicorns and butterflies I just choose to look at things more objectively

What is the only eastern team to win a playoff round last 3 years for 200 alex?

What is the only team to be in the finals 3 of last 11 seasons for the daily double alex?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It's his time to shine....

2 out of 3 successful 2015 draft picks would be OK in my books and take the sting out of the nonsensical decisions made that year.

Sorry I just don't see Zachary making it in the NHL...Saw it day 1 watching him in the OHL.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's his time to shine....

2 out of 3 successful 2015 draft picks would be OK in my books and take the sting out of the nonsensical decisions made that year.

Sorry I just don't see Zachary making it in the NHL...Saw it day 1 watching him in the OHL.

You should be a scout.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You should be a scout.

Yes we should all be scouts the way we discuss players on this board.

Look, it's an opinion...relax.

I've watched him more than a few times in the pros and OHL. He's severely lacking the Marchand puck pursuit and Bergeron IQ.

The speed thing is a little over-rated for him as well. I always felt he was weak on his skates.

I'm probably most likely wrong and I sure hope so. Would love to see him succeed.

Reactions: HustleB

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yes we should all be scouts the way we discuss players on this board.

Look, it's an opinion...relax.

I've watched him more than a few times in the pros and OHL. He's severely lacking the Marchand puck pursuit and Bergeron IQ.

The speed thing is a little over-rated for him as well. I always felt he was weak on his skates.

I'm probably most likely wrong and I sure hope so. Would love to see him succeed.

I'm pretty relaxed.

it was just the "saw it day one" comment that got me.

I remember seeing Gretzky for the first time. The Whalers shut him down (39 year-old Dave Keon, actually). My scouting report to friends: "He's not going to be anything special."

Reactions: HustleB

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
What is the only eastern team to win a playoff round last 3 years for 200 alex?

What is the only team to be in the finals 3 of last 11 seasons for the daily double alex?
Again your ready to give Donny participation trophies for winning a playoff round...you have lower standards and that’s fine. You have no ability to look at things objectively in your wordy, verbose, redundant, posts

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Exactly.

4 of the worst 8 teams in NHL were in division (Det-Ott-Mtl-Buf).

Bruins had 30 more points than the closest of these teams.

Florida got worse.

TB will get worse after they resolve their Cap situation but still a force and the team to beat.

Toronto stayed relatively the same and a favorite for a top-3 spot in division with Bos+TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad