Jakub Vrana Thread

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

He's #53 to wear #15. Oof. Surprisingly (to me) not the most worn out number, which is 18 with 57 names.

upload_2021-4-13_23-10-21.png

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Friedmann had a story on the podcast/31 thoughts about his work ethic during the playoffs in 2018.

i recall a slightly similar story of Zadina making an arena staff member, during a snowstorm, open the arena so he could practice some stuff alone.

little stories you like to hear.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
in case your device cant translate above article :
Detroit Czech Wings. Will our people help lift the famous club? The crow must change

April 14, 2021 10:57 AM
The agile gunner Vrána came to Detroit for the best Czech defender Hronek and the talented wing Zadin. "He is a bit of a guy, but he has a great chance to establish himself in our country," says the experienced Detroit scout Vladimír Havlůj.
ROU8ab297_zadina.jpg
Photo gallery17
Filip Zadina from Detroit is watching the game with Carolina. | photo: Profimedia.cz
Like almost the entire city some time ago, the Detroit Hockey Club has recently gone bankrupt. The famous team with a winged wheel in the traditional emblem is now rising in the new arena under the revered boss Yzerman. Young Czechs should play an important role in its revival.
Filip Hronek (23 years old) is already a key defender of the Red Wings.
Filip Zadina (21) recently pushed himself to the right wing of the elite line.
And Jakub Vrána (25) finally wants to fly to the stars here after Monday's exchange from Washington.
"He has a great chance," says Vladimír Havlůj, an experienced scout who has worked for Detroit since 1999. "He can also perform in the first or second attack on a power play. We don't have bombers like Ovečkin and Pastrňák in the team. It's up to Cuba to say how it fits. "
The trade, during which Crow, the Slovak Pánik and two draft picks came from the US capital under Forward Mantha, attracted colossal attention in the NHL. It meant liberation for Crow.
The usually well-tuned guy in the Capitals felt pushed and annoyed. Coach Laviolette has been stealing his time on the ice in recent weeks, sometimes up to 11 minutes per game. Twice he even removed him from the lineup. He blamed him for fighting little.
"Jakub was upset and dissatisfied, arguing with the coaches, so we broke up," Brian MacLellan, Capitals' manager, told the press.

Jakub Vrána
Another ready-made gunner has hit only once in the last 15 matches. With the transfer, he lost the opportunity to reach the Stanley Cup with Washington for the second time. In Detroit, which is being rebuilt, it needs to flash. Also because he has only 12 cats left until the end of the season, after which his contract expires.
"Like Mantha, Cuba has weaknesses in defense and some difficulty with the imbalance of performance," confirms Havluj, whose son played against Crow in the pupils. He later watched him closely as a talent hunter.
"I know him as my shoes. He's a little dude, which is one of the shooters. Everyone believes a lot. Maybe he lacks a drop of humility. He has already run into several coaches. He needs to understand that he simply MUST return and unlock every match. "
The Detroit Red Wings (formerly Cougars, then Falcons) has been with the NHL for 95 years. The Czechs - the pioneer Nedomanský, the adventurer Klíma, the hulk Fischer, the goalkeeper phenomenon Hašek, the šikula Hudler - also entered their rough history. Now in a city called Motor City or formerly Hockeytown, Crow longs for the resurrection.
In previous years, he scored 24 and 25 goals. He gave 11 of them this year. Coach Blashill could put him next to Captain Larkin and compatriot Zadina. Hronka had already asked him, and he had heard the praise.
It can be expected that the Czech levaso will throw itself into the new engagement with vigor. And that he will adjust his style in a different environment. Who else should put him in the batten than the legendary Yzerman? "Steve is an icon. It radiates authority. When they enter somewhere, everyone falls silent, "says Havlůj.
The crow would probably benefit from imitating Zadina, who had a reputation as a genuine finisher, before changing his approach to the game.
He added predation in attack. He fights for free pucks, taking them from his opponents. It crawls back and forth.

17 photos
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He studied the art of grandmasters Kučerov from Tampa and Aha from Carolina on video clips. "I understood what and how to do on the ice. They opened my eyes. I think it helped me a lot, "The Athletic quoted him as saying.
Havluj and Blashill praised him for his docility and more versatile concept, repeating to him: "If you want to play with the reel, you have to deserve it."
He does not collect points at a furious pace (5 + 11 in 37 matches). However, he gained the coach's trust. On Monday, he shone with a wonderful victory shot in the battle with the strong Carolina.
"Every boy gets a few years to mature. Whoever can't do it ends, "says Havlůj. "In addition, we are currently experiencing a huge competition of young players. No one is sure. In the next draft, we select twelve times! "
Detroit is facing a significant rise. Will our people become his tugs?
"The crow can leave again in a year if he doesn't start playing for the team," warns scout Havlůj.
"Zadina is well on his way, but he must not relax. Skills are not enough. "
"Perhaps I'm just not worried about Hronka. He wants to play and win in all circumstances. Maybe on a pond. It has competition in its blood. "
Author: Karel Kna
Zdroj: Detroit Czech Wings. Pomohou našinci zvednout slavný klub? Vrána se musí změnit - iDNES.cz

Reactions: r0bert8841

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Honestly, I don't see how you could NOT have a line of Vrana-Larkin-Zadina from the start. Speed, speed, and more speed. Here is how I see the other lines finishing the year:

Erne-Fabbri- Bertuzzi (love this mix but insert Panik or Smith until Bert is back)
Svech- Ras- Gagner (power with some scoring)
Glendening- Namestikov- Panik (strong grind line)

Staal-Hronek
Cholowski-Stecher
Djoos/DeKeyser- Lindstrom (give Danny some time off frequently to help heal more)

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Blashill has stated in the past that he likes to keep duos together

Larkin-Bertuzzi is our duo with the strongest chemistry and Blash has kept them stapled together as a result. Who plays the other wing position? I think Vrana is the natural choice, but id also like to see Vrana-Zadina for that czech connection. OTOH I think Raymond and Zadina will be extremely complementary, so maybe that forms our other top 6 line.

Vrana-Larkin-Bertuzzi
Zadina-<center>-Raymond
Berggren-Rasmussen-Fabbri
Ernie-Glendening-Namestikov

I probably mixed up LW/RWs. Ignoring that, I really really like wingers on our top 3 lines. All should be 40+ point players. Maybe we trade one of em away for a position of need, Veleno fills the 3C role and Ras goes to wing.

I honestly dont see Bertuzzi as the guy being traded unless contract negotiations go awry or some team stupidly overpays for him such that we cant turn down the offer. He seems like hes an amazing locker room guy, he elevates Larkin's game so much, he's an awesome player in his own right, and has a track record of being an absolute playoff stud/clutch player. Maybe my bias is clouding my judgement as he's probably my favorite player on the team with Mantha gone

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
in case your device cant translate above article :
Detroit Czech Wings. Will our people help lift the famous club? The crow must change

April 14, 2021 10:57 AM
The agile gunner Vrána came to Detroit for the best Czech defender Hronek and the talented wing Zadin. "He is a bit of a guy, but he has a great chance to establish himself in our country," says the experienced Detroit scout Vladimír Havlůj.
ROU8ab297_zadina.jpg
Photo gallery17
Filip Zadina from Detroit is watching the game with Carolina. | photo: Profimedia.cz
Like almost the entire city some time ago, the Detroit Hockey Club has recently gone bankrupt. The famous team with a winged wheel in the traditional emblem is now rising in the new arena under the revered boss Yzerman. Young Czechs should play an important role in its revival.
Filip Hronek (23 years old) is already a key defender of the Red Wings.
Filip Zadina (21) recently pushed himself to the right wing of the elite line.
And Jakub Vrána (25) finally wants to fly to the stars here after Monday's exchange from Washington.
"He has a great chance," says Vladimír Havlůj, an experienced scout who has worked for Detroit since 1999. "He can also perform in the first or second attack on a power play. We don't have bombers like Ovečkin and Pastrňák in the team. It's up to Cuba to say how it fits. "
The trade, during which Crow, the Slovak Pánik and two draft picks came from the US capital under Forward Mantha, attracted colossal attention in the NHL. It meant liberation for Crow.
The usually well-tuned guy in the Capitals felt pushed and annoyed. Coach Laviolette has been stealing his time on the ice in recent weeks, sometimes up to 11 minutes per game. Twice he even removed him from the lineup. He blamed him for fighting little.
"Jakub was upset and dissatisfied, arguing with the coaches, so we broke up," Brian MacLellan, Capitals' manager, told the press.

Jakub Vrána
Another ready-made gunner has hit only once in the last 15 matches. With the transfer, he lost the opportunity to reach the Stanley Cup with Washington for the second time. In Detroit, which is being rebuilt, it needs to flash. Also because he has only 12 cats left until the end of the season, after which his contract expires.
"Like Mantha, Cuba has weaknesses in defense and some difficulty with the imbalance of performance," confirms Havluj, whose son played against Crow in the pupils. He later watched him closely as a talent hunter.
"I know him as my shoes. He's a little dude, which is one of the shooters. Everyone believes a lot. Maybe he lacks a drop of humility. He has already run into several coaches. He needs to understand that he simply MUST return and unlock every match. "
The Detroit Red Wings (formerly Cougars, then Falcons) has been with the NHL for 95 years. The Czechs - the pioneer Nedomanský, the adventurer Klíma, the hulk Fischer, the goalkeeper phenomenon Hašek, the šikula Hudler - also entered their rough history. Now in a city called Motor City or formerly Hockeytown, Crow longs for the resurrection.
In previous years, he scored 24 and 25 goals. He gave 11 of them this year. Coach Blashill could put him next to Captain Larkin and compatriot Zadina. Hronka had already asked him, and he had heard the praise.
It can be expected that the Czech levaso will throw itself into the new engagement with vigor. And that he will adjust his style in a different environment. Who else should put him in the batten than the legendary Yzerman? "Steve is an icon. It radiates authority. When they enter somewhere, everyone falls silent, "says Havlůj.
The crow would probably benefit from imitating Zadina, who had a reputation as a genuine finisher, before changing his approach to the game.
He added predation in attack. He fights for free pucks, taking them from his opponents. It crawls back and forth.

17 photos
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He studied the art of grandmasters Kučerov from Tampa and Aha from Carolina on video clips. "I understood what and how to do on the ice. They opened my eyes. I think it helped me a lot, "The Athletic quoted him as saying.
Havluj and Blashill praised him for his docility and more versatile concept, repeating to him: "If you want to play with the reel, you have to deserve it."
He does not collect points at a furious pace (5 + 11 in 37 matches). However, he gained the coach's trust. On Monday, he shone with a wonderful victory shot in the battle with the strong Carolina.
"Every boy gets a few years to mature. Whoever can't do it ends, "says Havlůj. "In addition, we are currently experiencing a huge competition of young players. No one is sure. In the next draft, we select twelve times! "
Detroit is facing a significant rise. Will our people become his tugs?
"The crow can leave again in a year if he doesn't start playing for the team," warns scout Havlůj.
"Zadina is well on his way, but he must not relax. Skills are not enough. "
"Perhaps I'm just not worried about Hronka. He wants to play and win in all circumstances. Maybe on a pond. It has competition in its blood. "
Author: Karel Kna
Zdroj: Detroit Czech Wings. Pomohou našinci zvednout slavný klub? Vrána se musí změnit - iDNES.cz

I welcome our Czech Overlords. Makes up for the loss of the Swedish Mafia.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Hypothetical situation here...

...If Vrana underperforms the remainder of the season and next year, in your opinion does Yzerman move on from him?

If he does move on from him, what do we trade Vrana for?

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
You think Svech, the slowest skater in this division, should be playing with Larkin but Vrana shouldn't.

I would like to have whatever it is that you've been smoking the past 2 or 3 weeks, it must be really good.
I don't understand where this idea came from that a slow guy can't pair with a fast guy.

Would you rather have all our slow guys on one line? Isn't it good to have at least some speed on every shift?

I mean do you expect every play to involve 3 guys racing each other up the ice? Don't we ever want to set up and establish zone time? Put together a play that takes more than a few seconds and doesn't involve sprinting down the ice?

If I was putting together an imaginary ideal team I'd probably have my 4 slowest guys on 4 different lines, so every shift you have 2 guys who can keep up with each other end to end and a 3rd guy with other skills to balance it out.

unrelated: Can we nickname this guy Vroomvroom?

Reactions: golffuul

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I don't understand where this idea came from that a slow guy can't pair with a fast guy.

Would you rather have all our slow guys on one line? Isn't it good to have at least some speed on every shift?

I mean do you expect every play to involve 3 guys racing each other up the ice? Don't we ever want to set up and establish zone time? Put together a play that takes more than a few seconds and doesn't involve sprinting down the ice?

If I was putting together an imaginary ideal team I'd probably have my 4 slowest guys on 4 different lines, so every shift you have 2 guys who can keep up with each other end to end and a 3rd guy with other skills to balance it out.

unrelated: Can we nickname this guy Vroomvroom?
Yeah....Brett Hull played with Datsyuk. Holmstrom played with Fedorov. Granted that was another time, but more often than not, the slower player creates the "B-break" or "Late man" getting in the play that other teams can't react to in time after the speedy player gets in deep into the play. And quick passing/playmaking can make up for footspeed 75% of the time.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

...If Vrana underperforms the remainder of the season and next year, in your opinion does Yzerman move on from him?

I guess it depends on how poorly Vrana plays. I think we'll resign him at least on a 1 year deal unless he's not only bad but a problem to have around.

If we do move him, I'd like the Tatar return. I'd rather get a young/prospect C/D with top line upside but I don't see Vrana pulling that so something around a 1st + 2nd is what I'd hope for.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Yes, I would expect him to be moved in that situation as I would any player. He will be a UFA in two years. I don't think he is being brought in necessarily to be part of the long-term solution although he may be around for it if things go right in the summer of 2022. It is hard to say where he fits and I am not expecting much from him this year given that NHL teams rarely practice this season.

The Tatar return would be nice. Not sure we will get it though.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I think Vrana will be moved regardless so hope he overperforms and Yzerman can deal him either for a 1st or as part of a package for a defenseman or goalie. If he underperforms, then picks of a similar vein to what we got for Athanasiou.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3