Jakub Vrana Thread

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
My question is what's his next contract worth? I was seeing 3-5 years at $4.5 to 5.5M but it was an older article. I'd like to see if we couldn't get him and Erne signed before the start of next year on 3 year deals rather than a 5-6 year deal. Vrana isn't having the year he has had in the past so he might be had a bit cheaper now than if he gets hot when he gets in the lineup playing more minutes.

Also, do you put him right on the line with Zadina and Larkin?

jaster

Unregistered User
Jun 8, 2007
My question is what's his next contract worth?

I'd wager a hefty amount that he's signed to a 1-year deal, keeping him RFA the following off-season and then making a decision on his future at that point. If he really clicks and Yzerman really likes him, maybe he signs a 3-year deal and buys his first year of UFA, but that is hard for me to see. A 2-year deal takes him right to UFA status, so I doubt that's an option.

I think I would link him up with Larkin right off the bat, but I have no idea what the Blashill line blender is going to produce.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Apparently he had some effort issues as well. I'm hoping a bigger role with the Wings motivates his play as he was just a 3rd liner in Washington iirc.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
My question is what's his next contract worth? I was seeing 3-5 years at $4.5 to 5.5M but it was an older article. I'd like to see if we couldn't get him and Erne signed before the start of next year on 3 year deals rather than a 5-6 year deal. Vrana isn't having the year he has had in the past so he might be had a bit cheaper now than if he gets hot when he gets in the lineup playing more minutes.

He better be playing with Larkin. No reason not to do Larkin, Vrana and Zadina as a line.

Reactions: Go Wings

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Yes, absolutely. Vrana-Larkin-Zadina right away and see what they can do.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

I thought Cap fans were saying that he's looking at closer to 6x6 on his next deal.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Apparently he had some effort issues as well. I'm hoping a bigger role with the Wings motivates his play as he was just a 3rd liner in Washington iirc.

Yeah Ill be interested to seeif a bigger role means hes more engaged. Sitting on the bench for long parts of the game doesnt keep you engaged.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I would have traded Vrana for Mantha 1-for-1 so this trade is a big win for me. Also the picks just puts it over the top.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
On the 3rd line because of Lav, he was on the second line last season.

For whatever reason, the Caps have no idea what to do with young speedsters. Keep in mind the same organization wasted Chandler Stephenson and Burakovsky. They draft fast offensive wingers and stick them on the bottom 2 lines because Ovy/Oshie/Wilson have the top spots locked in.

Best thing Blash could do is to just let the 1st line play a more open run and gun game. Vrana/Larkin are the fastest duo in this division, just go with it.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I can see him traded, to be honest. Detroit has a lot of wingers coming up.

There is nothing wrong with trading him for additional or different assets in the future. He has separate value as a tradable asset. Sadly, I can't say we have any winger prospects in the organization who project to be materially better than him apart from Raymond.

Reactions: SCD

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think I'd like to see the Wings do the below when Fabbri is back:

Fabbri- Larkin- Vrana
Erne-Ras- Zadina (I really like Zadina and Ras together and Erne has played himseful up the lineup with Bert/Ryan out)

The next year you probably go:
Bert- Larkin- Vrana
Fabbri- Ras- Zadina
Panik- Namestikov -Berggren/ Svecb
Erne -Glenny- Smith
Extra: Nielson (Svech/Helm)

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I think I'd like to see the Wings do the below when Fabbri is back:

Fabbri- Larkin- Vrana
Erne-Ras- Zadina (I really like Zadina and Ras together and Erne has played himseful up the lineup with Bert/Ryan out)

The next year you probably go:
Bert- Larkin- Vrana
Fabbri- Ras- Zadina
Panik- Namestikov -Berggren/ Svecb
Erne -Glenny- Smith
Extra: Nielson (Svech/Helm)

If Boston doesn't resign him I would love for Detroit to offer Krejci a 2 year contract and not have to deal with Ras as a 2nd line center.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I'm interested to see how Vrana reacts to being traded, in terms of performance. But with his contract ending soon, I think he'll really try to stay on track with what he did in DC.

While Mantha will probably be in DC for a while, I think Vrana is maybe just in the deal to make it work financially for the Caps and it might not be realistic to assume he stays in Detroit long-term. But it is a possibility that Vrana stays long-term or stays long enough to trade him at a future deadline. In either of those scenarios, it works out for us. In another way, it already has worked out because we got a decent return on a player who, by the end, annoyed quite a few of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: golffuul

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I think Vrana will be more productive for us then with the Caps, because of the obvious increase in PP time for him. As well, he won't be shuffled (Yes...I know we have Blashill) as much through the lineup as he was in Washington. He could struggle with the increased expectation and the fact that he's not on a playoff team anymore, but he's also in a contract year. My hope is that we sign him for 4 years around what we got Mantha for, last summer, and we'll know what we have before any potential NTC kicks in when he hits his FA years. Will also be interesting to see if he even wants a NTC or not and that will be telling as to his attitude.

Only 12 games to figure out a lot of things with him.

Thankfully Panik gives us Expansion protection from the forward group, so that will be super helpful and a great add for us as well if he isn't taken.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'd wager a hefty amount that he's signed to a 1-year deal, keeping him RFA the following off-season and then making a decision on his future at that point. If he really clicks and Yzerman really likes him, maybe he signs a 3-year deal and buys his first year of UFA, but that is hard for me to see. A 2-year deal takes him right to UFA status, so I doubt that's an option.

I think I would link him up with Larkin right off the bat, but I have no idea what the Blashill line blender is going to produce.

Yeah, if it's a two year deal I think it's nearly written in stone he's being dealt at some point before that second season.

Reactions: jaster

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm sure they won't let him have #13 (they better not), so any idea yet which number he'll wear?

Looks like he wore #39 in Hershey, that would be kinda funny if he just kept Mantha's number.

JakubVrana.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->