Prospect Info: Jake Sanderson (D) PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Chabot wears 72 which I think is worse, Crosby wears 87 which is not much better than 85, but because Crosby is amazing, the number looks better for it. Same goes for Karlsson's 65 and Stone's 61.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
85 is a fine number; could be a little homage to 65 - but the next evolution. Big shoes to fill, but I'm looking forward to seeing him skate up and down in a Sens jersey.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Its a number without a player who fans think of immediately. I see what his thought process coulda been. You just never know.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I player's greatness defines a legendary Number!

It is not the other way around

Sanderson could define #56 a legendary number for generations to come, if he wants!

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
1648434267617.png

• Love
Reactions: Icelevel

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Mentor is chabot, partner could possibly be hamonic. He's been quite solid.

Although, i get the point of wanting a top 4 righty, i doubt that happens

if the plan is playing sanderson as a third pairing dman then i am fine with hamonic as the partner. I dont know how good hamonic looks while having to mentor a young guy in a longer season. Plus if we are legitimately planning on taking a step forward then we need an upgrade somewhere

we could probably put in as locks: Chabot, Sanderson, Zub, Hamonic
Might Be a lock: Holden
Unsure: Brannstrom (is playing well to end the year but we do need a big upgrade somewhere on defense if we are serious about taking a step forward)
Please no: Zaistev

So we have 1-2 spots available on defense imo

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I like that Sanderson-85
Looks good if you ask me.
This is a huge day.
Here We Go

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
if the plan is playing sanderson as a third pairing dman then i am fine with hamonic as the partner. I dont know how good hamonic looks while having to mentor a young guy in a longer season. Plus if we are legitimately planning on taking a step forward then we need an upgrade somewhere

Unsure: Brannstrom (is playing well to end the year but we do need a big upgrade somewhere on defense if we are serious about taking a step forward)

I'd love the acquire another zub. It all depends on price plus what to do with zaitsev, but i think it's all of our dreams.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
budget team with 1st world problems

Literally our whole lifestyle is a first world problem, should we pack up and move to Africa or something to feel better about ourselves?

As for the fascination with numbers, in sports, star players are defined by their numbers, it becomes their symbol and representation on the ice and throughout their legacy. Alfie is a perfect example of this, fitting he had a great number too.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Imagine if we didnt retire numbers, instead honoured them. Timmy could have his 8, and Jake could have his 18

I wish numbers were not retired but honoured by hanging the player's sweaters in the arena with the player's name & number on it. Wearing a retired player's number would be special .

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Zaitsev and Holden have contracts for next season and therefore are close to locks too on this budget cap floor team.

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad