Jake Muzzin discussions (continued)

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Oh give it a ****ing rest. Duby got the best D on the market and didn't give up a single roster piece. Everyone knows it was a good deal. I don't see Grundstrom on a 50 point pace ffs
I think that remains to be seen. I don't get to watch Marlies games so I'm not the best judge of Leaf prospects. But as an example, in my younger days the Detroit Tigers traded a no-name prospect for Doyle Alexander. Alexander won 14 games for the Tigers and made the All Star game. The guy he was traded for was John Smoltz. You may have heard of him.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
He needs to play with a partner who carries it out of the zone.

Rielly Dermott
Muzzin Lilly
Sandin Rosen

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I'm hoping we can re-sign Muzzin in the offseason.

I know people don't like this kind of hearsay conversation but it is unlikely he re-signs in Toronto, he wasn't all that happy to be traded here this summer.

LA management promised him he wouldn't be traded this past summer, so he sold his home in Woodstock and made the full time move to LA so he was pissed at that out of the gate. Beyond that he doesn't want to play this close to home, him and his wife were hoping to play somewhere away from Toronto

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I know people don't like this kind of hearsay conversation but it is unlikely he re-signs in Toronto, he wasn't all that happy to be traded here this summer.

LA management promised him he wouldn't be traded this past summer, so he sold his home in Woodstock and made the full time move to LA so he was pissed at that out of the gate. Beyond that he doesn't want to play this close to home, him and his wife were hoping to play somewhere away from Toronto
Heard the opposite hearsay where he requested to come here at the behest of his wife. :laugh:

Reactions: Tak7

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Zaitsev destroys everyone he’s paired with cuz he can’t exit the zone

I am going to disagree with you...yes he is over paid for what he brings, but the guy is a serviceable NHL defenseman...he's just very 1 dimensional...he also requires a safety blanket (a dermott esque player to compliment him) but the guy is serviceable...maybe not at his current contract but I don't mind him being on the team...could be *shudder* Marincin

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
he's literally playing like a stud #1 dman for us and leaf fans and media don't like him.

it's hilarious.

This is one thing I don't get, I understand he's had some gaffes but literally every dmen in the NHL has those mistakes.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
This is one thing I don't get, I understand he's had some gaffes but literally every dmen in the NHL has those mistakes.

Yea, go watch Karlsson, Burns, Keith, Letang, or even the more defensively respected ones like Doughty, Giordano, Hedman. They ALL cough up the puck and make stupid plays at times. Overall, Muzzin has been a major net positive, which is what matters.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

not to mention the type of gaffes he has made are exactly the type you'd expect from a guy who's spent his whole career in the kings' short-pass system suddenly playing for the stretch-pass leafs.

leafs fans and media are uniquely terrible in their evaluation of defensemen.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I think that remains to be seen. I don't get to watch Marlies games so I'm not the best judge of Leaf prospects. But as an example, in my younger days the Detroit Tigers traded a no-name prospect for Doyle Alexander. Alexander won 14 games for the Tigers and made the All Star game. The guy he was traded for was John Smoltz. You may have heard of him.

We should just trade all our players for prospects, we'd have like 21 John Smoltz clones.

Reactions: stopclickbait

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Heard the opposite hearsay where he requested to come here at the behest of his wife. :laugh:

I don't want to say too much because obviously he is from a smaller town so it could be easy to work things backwards as to whom was speaking to whom but I was at an event with his currently very pregnant wife a couple weeks ago. They weren't really eager to come here...

Reactions: ACC1224

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I’m still buzzin’ For Muzzin.

Still like the trade and will make losing Gardiner this summer a bit easier to take.

I think for us to really give Muzzin a chance to really thrive, a partner like Faulk fro Carolina would be ideal.

Can’t stop thinking about getting Pesce and Faulk (pipe dream, I know, I know.....) and putting out

Rielly-Pesce
Muzzin-Faulk
Dermott-Liljegren

Now that would be a d corps to win with....

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
he's literally playing like a stud #1 dman for us and leaf fans and media don't like him.

it's hilarious.

It’s also often people complaining about the team being too soft in other threads complaining about his speed in this one.... I don’t understand it lol

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Muzzin has been our best D man lately while carrying our worst D man on his pairing.

He looks as advertised for sure. We will really need him around 23-25 mins against Boston's top line if we have a shot at containing them.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Muzzin has been our best D man lately while carrying our worst D man on his pairing.

He looks as advertised for sure. We will really need him around 23-25 mins against Boston's top line if we have a shot at containing them.
What about the past two games or three games with his bonehead plays should not be coming from a top for defenceman .lets rehash this after the playoffs I could be wrong but so could this board

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Muzzin has been a beast.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
What about the past two games or three games with his bonehead plays should not be coming from a top for defenceman .lets rehash this after the playoffs I could be wrong but so could this board

You don't get to claim victory in this type of argument because of the team results. Muzzin could suck in the playoffs and we could still win despite it, or he could be a world beater and we still lose.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Cannot believe some people didn't like the trade because Muzzin isn't RHD. Not only that, but they're denigrating Muzzin because they just hate Dubas that much. I just don't understand, statistically and practically Muzzin has been an absolute stud.

I'm starting to genuinely think people have an incredibly warped idea of what a top-pairing defensemen is (because there's still a lot of people who think Muzzin isn't a top pairing guy, mostly Dubas haters). Do they think top-pairing guys are just these mistake free androids who make the perfect play every time and don't give up any chances?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Cannot believe some people didn't like the trade because Muzzin isn't RHD. Not only that, but they're denigrating Muzzin because they just hate Dubas that much. I just don't understand, statistically and practically Muzzin has been an absolute stud.

I'm starting to genuinely think people have an incredibly warped idea of what a top-pairing defensemen is (because there's still a lot of people who think Muzzin isn't a top pairing guy, mostly Dubas haters). Do they think top-pairing guys are just these mistake free androids who make the perfect play every time and don't give up any chances?

I have come to the conclusion that most posters on this board aren’t leaf fans

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Muzzin better be on it come playoff time.

He's the biggest piece the Leafs have at combating that grueling cycle game the Bruins are so good at - much like last year, the series will come down to whether or not the Leafs are capable of stopping Boston from owning the puck in those moments.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Muzzin has been great the past 8 games or more but lets not act like he was amazing since he arrived. He's been better than advertised lately which has been great.

horner

May 22, 2007
What we didn't have against Boston last yr on Defence.

Bomb from the point
Tough dman
Someone who can hit to hurt
A big dman
A better playoff performer

Jake Muzzin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad