Injury Report: Jake Muzzin Broken Bone In Face

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I guess we get to see if Dermott can play top 4 D minutes and what level Lehtonen is at.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
obviously great opportunity for both Dermott and Lehtonen now.

and i'm hoping Liljegren gets a callup as the 7th dman over marincin. would be nice to see him get a couple games in.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I totally agree ..
It escapes me at the moment ..
Did we not platoon in the out field as well ???

Bell, Barfield and Moseby. Can't even remember the next guy (Ducey?) as we traded Collins as part of the package to get Caudill. And IIRC we were platooning Barfield and Collins before that so that might be what you're remembering.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Sad for Muzzin but it was time to sort out what we have in Dermott

Let's see if he's worth protecting at the expansion draft

It's time for the young fella to prove his worth

I don't believe Dermott will need to be protected unless he is re-signed before the draft. I think he has the games played requirements now (70+ games total last season + this season), however.

The bigger issue is that there are four d-men ahead of him in terms of priority of protecting. If the Leafs opt to protect 7F/3D he's not making that top 3. If they protect 4 (bye, bye Hyman), he has to leapfrog Holl.

Great play now will help with his contract of course and if he is re-signed at a good AAV & exposed, then he'd make an attractive target for Seattle.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't believe Dermott will need to be protected unless he is re-signed before the draft. I think he has the games played requirements now (70+ games total last season + this season), however.

The bigger issue is that there are four d-men ahead of him in terms of priority of protecting. If the Leafs opt to protect 7F/3D he's not making that top 3. If they protect 4 (bye, bye Hyman), he has to leapfrog Holl.

Great play now will help with his contract of course and if he is re-signed at a good AAV & exposed, then he'd make an attractive target for Seattle.

If he plays well and shows he could be a top 4D next season it may be worthwhile to pay Seattle not to take him (depending on price)

You could also make a decision on Rielly during the off-season if Dermott can do that job

The point is we need to know what Dermott is before we can make those decisions

I have doubts they are just going to let him sit out there without a contract, if he's worth grabbing they will offer him more than we can I'd imagine

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada

and i'm hoping Liljegren gets a callup as the 7th dman over marincin. would be nice to see him get a couple games in.
Unfortunately I don't think this creates an opportunity for Liljegren.

Had a right shot got hurt I think they would have looked at getting him in to pair with Dermott but with Muzzin out and Dermott moving up with Holl, Lehtonen is a the obvious replacement. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marincin get in either as he can take Muzzins PK minutes.

Reactions: Buds17

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Unfortunately I don't think this creates an opportunity for Liljegren.

Had a right shot got hurt I think they would have looked at getting him in to pair with Dermott but with Muzzin out and Dermott moving up with Holl, Lehtonen is a the obvious replacement. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marincin get in either as he can take Muzzins PK minutes.
Oh noooooooo not Mariachi Marincin cha cha cha

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Jesus...do you really think Marincin might have a chance? That dog cant hunt and we have real players to develop.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Let's stop with the Marincin bashing shall we? It was the same story with Hutch and guess what, he played well when we called on him.

I support every player on the TML and no matter how they've played in the past, if they're called upon to play then we should all get behind them.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
He thrived in that role last year right before the shutdown.

Every time an important player gets a hurt by a puck or stick to the face I wonder which NHL team will be the first to force their players to wear a cage or fishbowl. These injuries are totally avoidable.
Ya it is pretty crazy how many million per year they have invested in each player and yet they let injuries like this (completely avoidable as you said) happen all the time

Reactions: Alerion

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Jesus...do you really think Marincin might have a chance? That dog cant hunt and we have real players to develop.
D depth charts look like this to me
LD - RD
Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Bogosian
Lehtonen - Liljegren
Sandin - Marincin
Marincin

Marty looks to be 4th on the LD depth list right now with the injuries to Muzzin and Sandin (5th on the RD) but he's pretty good on the PK while Lehtonen probably isn't (hasn't had a chance yet in the NHL) and someone needs to take Muzzin's PK minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad