Injury Report: Jake Muzzin Broken Bone In Face

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
4 years removed from his draft year and not a NHL regular, you don't want that to be 5 years, how long do you wait till the guy is no longer a NHL prospects and just a AHL regular?
You can't look at defenders or goalies under this type of timeline ... forwards yes it is so much easier to play wing it is a joke really

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Ridiculous take since he's their best and most ready RHD prospect they have and is playing lights out all-star D on the Marlies

If he is so good then why can't he beat out Holl and Bogo for a roster spot on the big team?

History is dotted with players who played well at the AHL level that never made the NHL.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
If he is so good then why can't he beat out Holl and Bogo for a roster spot on the big team?

History is dotted with players who played well at the AHL level that never made the NHL.
Have either Holl or Bogo been bad enough to send to the press box for an inexperienced rookie? No, both Holl and Bogo have exceeded expectations if anything and also the tie always goes to the veteran. As long as they're healthy and not completely shitting the bed they will stay in the lineup ... doesn't mean Liljegren is "running out of runway" before they cut him or release him or whatever was being insinuated

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
The queen of Glass was Salo from the Canucks
Lol
Funny story
I ran into Salo at a Apple store in Bc and of course he was on the injury reserve as usual
I said hi and offered my hand for a handshake after we chatted , just before he was going to , I pulled back and said to him , oh shit sorry I don’t want to break your hand lol
He was so pissed at me , he turned and walked away pissed lol

I'm surprised he didn't test his hand out on your face for making that comment. Too much money to lose I suppose. I would be pissed too if I was him though.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
That's why it's important to bank points when you can. Doors open for others to take a step and see what NHL capable players are buried on the taxi squad and minors group.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
He'd be RFA and eligible to be taken by Seattle as an RFA. Players don't have to be signed to be eligible to be taken. Seattle can take pending UFAs too if they wanted to.

Good point, forgot about that.
So, then Dubas has to decide if it's better to sign him and expose him or leave him unsigned, and expose him.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
oh wow. holy. How long does something like this take to heal?
I remember long time ago when Sundin broke his orbital bone, swear he was only out like 2-3 weeks. either way
rest up Muzz hope you come back healthy and ready to go for Playoffs.
Miss you already

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Unfortune, especially since with Sandin's injury it makes Marincin our 4 LD unless they want to use Liljegren and someone plays on their offside. But the actual 6 man group is still ok with Dermott and Lehtonen I think. Dermott was really good with Holl last year when Rielly and Muzzin were both hurt at the same time. Will be interesting to see how quickly he's back and how it affects his play. That combined with Dermott's play could lead to them gambling him via exposure to Vegas to protect someone else.
How could you? Are you trying to make us jump off a bridge?

But for real, I am excited to see what Lehtonen can do with some extra time, I'm a big fan so far.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
time to see what we are made of. This is exactly why Dubas and Co. established the depth that we currently have. Whether it was going to be man games lost to injury or illness, this was an inevitability. Good teams win even during these type of times. I'm excited to see how the boys respond

Reactions: ToneDog

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Season Stats (Min 5mpg):

Rielly-Brodie: 19gms, 15:27mpg, 54.4xgf% (57.9gf%)
Muzzin-Holl: 19gms, 14:43mpg, 55.8xgf% (52.3gf%)
Dermott-Bogo: 14gms, 8:02mpg, 55.2xgf% (66.0gf%)
Lehtonen-Bogo: 6gms, 6:33mpg, 54.9xgf% (80.8gf%)
Lehtonen-Dermott: 3gms, 5:58mpg, 36.4xgf% (0.0gf%)

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I got a broken face
I got a
I got a broken face
Uh-hu, uh-hu, uh-hu, uh-hu, ooo
I got a broken face
I got a broken face
I got a broken face
There was this boy who had two
Children with his sisters