Injury Report: Jake Muzzin Broken Bone In Face

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Damn this sucks. Lose one of our best defenseman for a extended period.

Muzzin seems to have bad luck with injuries. Missed a chunk of past year and looks like he will be out for a while now

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Get well Muzz
I’m excited to see the new dynamics of our Defense now ,Keys see what you got Holl , Dermott , Leta and hopefully Lilly
I think it may be a blessing in disguise to give Muzz a break ...

Yea, its a good thing we have the defensive depth now and rotating the taxi squad dmen looks pretty smart. With Sandin already out with injury, I hope Lily is up for the challenge his second go around if we need him.

Let Muzzin rest and heal up if he needs it. Gonna want him fresh for the stretch run. If he feels he's good to go with a full shield, thats OK too of course.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Thought he brought the best combination of offence and defence from the blueline thus far. Tough loss here. This should likely be Lehtonen's opportunity to play more often and Dermott's opportunity to move up in the lineup.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
"Muzzin was injured at the end of Toronto's win over Montreal on Saturday when he was hit by Tyler Toffoli's stick on a follow-through of a shot."

Didn't even notice this happened.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Time to see if Dermott sinks or swims in difficult 2nd pairing usage i guess
Dermott wasn't good as a whole last year, but he was excellent when Rielly & Muzzin were hurt. I think he's been generally pretty good this year with Bogosian being a bit of a possession anchor, so I'm optimistic that he'll be good in this spot.

the downside is that he becomes much more of an expansion target if he's good in a bigger role.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Damn Muzz is unlucky. If he were not a Leaf, some here on this board would call him glass like they called Tanev.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Sorry bro but what game were you watching?

I missed it too. Explains why Toffoli was so wide open. I did see where Toffoli had a look of concern on his face after he scored. Not like Muzzin to run off the ice that quick, so you know it must have been quite serious.

Reactions: ToneDog

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Damn Muzz is unlucky. If he were not a Leaf, some here on this board would call him glass like they called Tanev.
The queen of Glass was Salo from the Canucks
Lol
Funny story
I ran into Salo at a Apple store in Bc and of course he was on the injury reserve as usual
I said hi and offered my hand for a handshake after we chatted , just before he was going to , I pulled back and said to him , oh shit sorry I don’t want to break your hand lol
He was so pissed at me , he turned and walked away pissed lol

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Damn, sucks for Muzzin and the Leafs. He’s our most physical dman by far, arguably our best defensive dman, and he’s been pretty good offensively too, he’s a big loss.

With that being said, we’ve got good defensive depth. I’m expecting:

Rielly - Brodie
Dermott - Holl
Lehtonen - Bogosian

Still a pretty decent group. Having both Muzzin and Simmonds out really sucks for our toughness though, we’ll be real soft until they’re back.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Damn, sucks for Muzzin and the Leafs. He’s our most physical dman by far, arguably our best defensive dman, and he’s been pretty good offensively too, he’s a big loss.

Rielly - Brodie
Dermott - Holl
Lehtonen - Bogosian

Still a pretty decent group. Having both Muzzin and Simmonds out really sucks for our toughness though, we’ll be real soft until they’re back.

Did not cross my mind until you mentioned it. Goes to show it would have been nice to keep Cliffy and and add Simmonds. Ratchuk can now run wild for two games if he choses to.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

At this point the entire team is made of glass. There’s only been one instance this season off the top of my head where someone was injured mid-game and not only finished the game but didn’t miss any time afterwards, Tavares after Weber the galoot fell and crushed him. Everyone else has either missed a couple of games at best, but most often our injuries have led to guys being out for weeks. Fortunately it sounds like Muzzin’s is the former and he may only miss the Calgary series.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
The injury bug is really biting us early this season. I wonder what "a while" is for a broken bone in the face. Hope he can be back soon.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

Rielly - Brodie
Dermott - Holl
Lehtonen - Bogosian

I agree with most of your points , other than “ he’s our best Defensive D men “
I’m a huge fan of what Muzz brings to the team , but his lack of mobility and speed and skating technique in terms of rotating while skating backwards is a liability in today’s speed game , but invaluable in the playoffs still , but not much longer ...
I think within 2 years he will be replaced hopefully with one of our younger more mobile defence men

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad