Injury Report: Jake Muzzin Broken Bone In Face

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
What exactly does having Liljegren sit in the press box prove? Have him actually play games and call him up if we need him.

With Sandin out, I am guessing Marty is next man up if another LHD is injured. What were the odds of Hutch and Marincin playing in another Leaf games last summer ? Much better today, unfortunately.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
The queen of Glass was Salo from the Canucks
Lol
Funny story
I ran into Salo at a Apple store in Bc and of course he was on the injury reserve as usual
I said hi and offered my hand for a handshake after we chatted , just before he was going to , I pulled back and said to him , oh shit sorry I don’t want to break your hand lol
He was so pissed at me , he turned and walked away pissed lol

HA! Nice.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Also good profile moniker
I was a big fan of Rance and Garth platooning when our Jays we’re awesome

LOL. I have no idea why I came up with that one day. For some reason I thought of Rance and then drifted to how it sounds like "rants" and then it occurred to me it would be a good username for a place where one often rants.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
"Muzzin was injured at the end of Toronto's win over Montreal on Saturday when he was hit by Tyler Toffoli's stick on a follow-through of a shot."

Didn't even notice this happened.

Its the reason the Habs scored their 3rd. Muzzin went to the bench obviously injured, Toffoli was left in front. Play should have been called dead.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Hopefully they call up Liljegren so Marincin isn't the #7 guy, in case of another injury I want Marincin nowhere the game lineup

Lilly needs to make a name for himself soon, his draft year was 2017, since 2017 there have been (including Lily) fifteen d-men drafted, they have to play somewhere and you can only have 6 to 8 on the AHL team. He is running out of runway with the Leafs, I would think if he is not on the roster by next year, the Leafs will cut bait and move on.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
With all the injuries weve had and Thorton Hyman and Muzzin announced today, are we the most injured team in the NHL this season?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Bad bad news but Dermy and Bogo have been playing AMAZING past few games. Against Habs they were rock solid. That was a very very impressive game by Dermy. His best in a long time.

I would keep them as our shutdown pair and lets see how they do against other teams best lines. I think they will continue to excel.

Try Lehtonen for an extended period with Holl on 3rd pair. Holl has been slipping back to what I expected past 2 games. But I think 2 of them are fine as a 3rd pair.

Now we have Sandin and Muzy out for extended periods of time. It is why I have told all of you how defense works. This is a normal thing to occur in pro hockey. We need more depth as it is likely we will get 1 more injury too.

I will get sic if Marty gets in another game. OMG he is brutal. Worse soft big man of all time. Bring rosen up and lets see what he has. and lets trade for another vet d man.

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
They should demand an answer from the NHL as to why the referee was standing right there watching that play and did not make the call.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The queen of Glass was Salo from the Canucks
Lol
Funny story
I ran into Salo at a Apple store in Bc and of course he was on the injury reserve as usual
I said hi and offered my hand for a handshake after we chatted , just before he was going to , I pulled back and said to him , oh shit sorry I don’t want to break your hand lol
He was so pissed at me , he turned and walked away pissed lol

That is so awesome!
:laugh::laugh:

Also good profile moniker
I was a big fan of Rance and Garth platooning when our Jays we’re awesome

We had killer platoons, 3rd base and also catcher.

I loved that 1985 team that won our first pennant so much and I can still name most of the guys on that team from memory. And I still say we beat KC if we start Key instead of Alexander in the playoffs. IMHO that was a dumb decision that was so obviously wrong from the start.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
That is so awesome!
:laugh::laugh:

We had killer platoons, 3rd base and also catcher.

I loved that 1985 team that won our first pennant so much and I can still name most of the guys on that team from memory. And I still say we beat KC if we start Key instead of Alexander in the playoffs. IMHO that was a dumb decision that was so obviously wrong from the start.
I totally agree ..
It escapes me at the moment ..
Did we not platoon in the out field as well ???

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Time to see if Dermott sinks or swims in difficult 2nd pairing usage i guess
He thrived in that role last year right before the shutdown.

Every time an important player gets a hurt by a puck or stick to the face I wonder which NHL team will be the first to force their players to wear a cage or fishbowl. These injuries are totally avoidable.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Test of our depth on D. Dermott plays with some grit, but he won’t layout guys into the boards the way Muzzin can. His chance to make a claim for future top 4. I hope Muzzin comes back soon even with a mask, he’s one of our top shutdown D.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
They should demand an answer from the NHL as to why the referee was standing right there watching that play and did not make the call.
Shot follow through's are not penalties ... never have been ... it is bad luck ... maybe they need to change rule book but it is what it is

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Liljegren is point per game so far in the brief AHL season would love to see him get a crack at the lineup but I doubt it. They'll keep Brodie-Holl-Bogosian intact on the right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad