Jake Gardiner vs Tyson Barrie

Tyson Barrie vs Jake Gardiner

• Total voters

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Worst trade yet for Dubie ... but I get he is a rook ... he had good intentions and we all got fooled by Barrie ... but Kadri for Kerfoot is such a massive loss ... Kadri is on our team of decade for goals above replacement as per TSN ... we got rooked

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Worst trade yet for Dubie ... but I get he is a rook ... he had good intentions and we all got fooled by Barrie ... but Kadri for Kerfoot is such a massive loss ... Kadri is on our team of decade for goals above replacement as per TSN ... we got rooked

Barrie I already explained why he didn't produce, I'm a bit mystified as to why Kerfoot did not?

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Gardiner is better suited for our current defensive situation i.e no rielly and ceci with ahl guys like holl too high in the lineup.

He doesn't panic. He'll try to make the calm and collected play even if forecheckers are coming in strong to bounce him off the puck. He'll give it away along the boards if he has to but he rarely just throws it in the middle randomly like Barrie who seems massively rattled in his current role.
Demonstrably false.
Watch the -5 game, consequently game 7 of the playoffs, and repeat that opinion.

Gardiner was afraid of getting hit, frequently gave the puck to the opponent in prime scoring locations, folded when the time got rough.

I appreciate Jake for what he is - a skilled offensive defenseman who wants to play like Scott Niedermayer. He has always had the tools, but his brain has always been a step slower than his body. It’s a shame really, he could have been a great player if put in the right position and with the right partner. We never found that for him, put far too much on him, and licked our wounds afterwards.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Demonstrably false.
Watch the -5 game, consequently game 7 of the playoffs, and repeat that opinion.

Gardiner was afraid of getting hit, frequently gave the puck to the opponent in prime scoring locations, folded when the time got rough.

I appreciate Jake for what he is - a skilled offensive defenseman who wants to play like Scott Niedermayer. He has always had the tools, but his brain has always been a step slower than his body. It’s a shame really, he could have been a great player if put in the right position and with the right partner. We never found that for him, put far too much on him, and licked our wounds afterwards.

He made the correct play 99% of the time and you are cherrypicking individual plays out of thousands he makes. Gardiner is no longer the same player because of his back injury, but I'm 100% confident he was a much better player than Barrie in his prime.

Reactions: Garthinater

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I'm back. Last 3 seasons.

Kadri 1.91
Kerfoot 1.68

:dunno:

This season.

Kadri: 2.33
Kerfoot: 1.8

Kerfoot is providing more than 75% of Kadri's production at 75% of the price. Pretty good deal if you ask me. That doesn't even factor in the fact that Naz is shooting hot this year and Kerfoot is about average.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Man it wouldve been a fun year having kadri up front. Instead I got to watch barrie run around with no idea what was happening in our end.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
LOL. So opportunity and linemates don't matter.

Gotcha. "Standardized"

I don't understand what you are arguing. Kadri is one year older and had a noticeable decline this year. He's at the age where players typically start to decline. How would you be comparing apples to apples if you compare stats across different seasons?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Kadri - (as Leafs #3C) - 2018/19 - 1.875 pts/60
Kerfoot - 2019/20 - 1.742 pts/60.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Kadri - (as Leafs #3C) - 2018/19 - 1.875 pts/60
Kerfoot - 2019/20 - 1.742 pts/60.

Ok, I'm just going ignore the YoY comparison because you can't just compare different years. So you are just proving my point even further. Kerfoot is paid ~28% less and is providing far more than that in value. What exactly are you trying to say?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad