Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
When you work in a multi-billion dollar business, and you are a multi-million dollar investment, there isn't much room for excuses. Mental illness or not, this is a results-based business, and DeBrusk isn't cutting it.

While it may sound harsh, he has guaranteed money; it doesn't matter if he plays in Boston, Providence, or another franchise. While it might be sad for him to leave Boston, that's what a seven-figure salary covers.

I think you can sympathise with what, if anything, DeBrusk is suffering from while at the same time acknowledge he hasn't performed well enough and the team should move on. Sometimes business relationships don't work out, and it isn't working out for both parties.

If they go their separate ways, the Bruins think they found someone better, and DeBrusk gets paid - nobody loses here. Nevertheless, if he is suffering from some issues, I hope he gets the help and support he needs, but the Bruins supporting his hockey career is over.
Post of the thread, kudos friend and I`m right there with you

Reactions: finchster

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Dunn isn't really that small. He's like Chuck's size. Either way they aren't trading for LHD unless its someone who would be a significant upgrade on Gryz. They just signed the other 2 to UFA contracts and we already know Gryz and Mac is an elite pairing. You can argue if that works in the playoffs or not, but they'd be crazy to downgrade that slot. Dunn isn't the guy. Neither is Soucy. It's probably no one tbh.

Oh wow.. I definitely thought Dunn was like 5'10. Still if they make a trade to upgrade the top 4 on the LD I'm not enamored by Dunn personally

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Honestly. Now that Krejci ain't coming back. I hold off trading him. Keep him, see what he can do and then at the deadline package him if you want. The Krejci hole is gonna be huge. The kid is gonna rebound this year. Whether it's here or somewhere else.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
His stock is at an all time low and now one of the players Sweeney picked up that should be a third liner will now be a second liner. So he will back and we will all hope he gets back on track. Not holding my breath but there isn’t much choice now

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just gotta hope he finds his game playing with Coyle/Lazar/Haula/Foligno/the 4 other players they'll try it with.

EDIT: Oh, Nosek, cant forget him

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I didn't realize 19 goals before a worldwide sports shutdown was dead player?

This past year you have a point. But not the previous year.
The biggest concern is that he can pretty much only score when he's right next to the net and he can't comprehend that being around the net is the only area on the ice where he is useful. 23/27 goals in 2018-2019 were when he was spitting distance from the net. 13-14 of his 19 goals in 2019-2020 were when he was in a similar area.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The biggest concern is that he can pretty much only score when he's right next to the net and he can't comprehend that being around the net is the only area on the ice where he is useful. 23/27 goals in 2018-2019 were when he was spitting distance from the net. 13-14 of his 19 goals in 2019-2020 were when he was in a similar area.

Let's hope his new linemate can help him back to where he was. I have no doubt he's going to rebound this year. Here or not. He's going to. It's a big year for him.

Reactions: PB37 and bme44

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I thought he was 100% getting moved this offseason, now I'm thinking he stays.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Well I hope he ends up staying. Our window is pretty much shut and we need as much young talent as possible. He’s only 24 and has a long career ahead of him. He should be a part of the Bruins future moving forward.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm definitely more in the Let Jake Redeem Himself camp but i would package him and Grz for Ekholm, if that's what it took. Some of these recent comments are f***ing idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad