Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I was part of the “trade him” crowd. Now that the deadline has passed I’m hoping he can put the stress of it behind him and play up to level he is capable.

Today against the Pens was a good start. If they have any hopes of having a decent run they are going to need him.

Reactions: wintersej

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was part of the “trade him” crowd. Now that the deadline has passed I’m hoping he can put the stress of it behind him and play up to level he is capable.

Today against the Pens was a good start. If they have any hopes of having a decent run they are going to need him.
agree. If he will sign for under 5 I would be OK, but NO way would give him a huge expensive contract.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
The real question is if Sweeney is over valuing debrusks trade value or if other teams are under valuing Debrusk. Because if other teams aren’t seeing the value in Debrusk he’s going to be very disappointed in the contract offers he gets this summer.

Probably we see a Bertuzzi-light situation.

Someone is gonna give him 5.75M times 3, which is dumb because with us he'd have probably gotten 5.5 times 6+

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Probably we see a Bertuzzi-light situation.

Someone is gonna give him 5.75M times 3, which is dumb because with us he'd have probably gotten 5.5 times 6+

I mean at this point he might get $7m. If Sweeney thinks a fringe 6th/7th defender in Peeke is worth $2.75m can’t imagine what he views is acceptable to pay Debrusk

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Jake's end of season and playoffs will decide a lot about what Jake gets. Now we have to see what THAT is.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk had no news on a new contract, but reiterated his desire to stay in Boston and that he thinks it’s reciprocal.
“Yeah, of course. I’ve said it from the start . . . that hasn’t changed anything,” he said. “It’s easy to get emotional or upset or anything like that on these things. But I understand it’s a business and you’ve got to do what’s best for the team or you.”

Boston Globe March 11, 2924

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
agree. If he will sign for under 5 I would be OK, but NO way would give him a huge expensive contract.
under 5 ????

I’m 6/40

Go to cap friendly and tell me on the UFA list which player better than him is coming in under 5 who is good

I landed on 0.0

Bergeron & Pastrnak want him here I’m good with that

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
under 5 ????

I’m 6/40

Go to cap friendly and tell me on the UFA list which player better than him is coming in under 5 who is good

I landed on 0.0

So since the UFA list is weak in the summer of 2024 we commit to Jake for 6 years and almost $7m?

Throwing 6 years at jake because of one weak UFA class isn’t smart.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
under 5 ????

I’m 6/40

I landed on 0.0

6.67 million AAV?

I think if the Bruins were to offer that, Jake's agent would have said draw up the contract right now.

Just my two cents worth.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
under 5 ????

I’m 6/40

I landed on 0.0

No way he’s a 5+mil guy. What team is going to do that? He is what he is. I’m not so sure he’s a 4mil guy.

Reactions: BBruins

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
6.67 million AAV?

I think if the Bruins were to offer that, Jake's agent would have said draw up the contract right now.

Just my two cents worth.
I would do it

When have I ever been tight though

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
6.67 million AAV?

Just my two cents worth.
Wow. That's rich for my blood.

Imagine the pressure on JDB if he's making nearly $7M!

In some ways, that kind of contract might end up being a yoke around his neck. He does not handle pressure particularly well - nice kid or not. On that at least I hope we all can agree.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wow. That's rich for my blood.

Imagine the pressure on JDB if he's making nearly $7M!

In some ways, that kind of contract might end up being a yoke around his neck. He does not handle pressure particularly well - nice kid or not. On that at least I hope we all can agree.
I wouldn't go over 5 m.

He will be under watch big time if the contract is too much (even if isn't) by fans who have been disappointed in the past by his inconsistency.

I can just see it now "Everyone hates Jake...Boo Hoo".

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I've said it a thousand times, JDB is at his best when he has stability. Stability in life, teammates, linemates and position. History speaks.

I actually thi k he will be ok when he signs a deal. Question is what that deal is worth.
with an extension question of do you pay for what he is, or do you pay for what his potential is

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I hope he stays but if I was him see ya Boston. He will be the best forward in the playoffs for us and then cash in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad