Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20240308_162654_Twitter.jpg

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

• Haha
Reactions: TD Charlie

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I fully expect him to take the money, wherever it comes from. Don't begrudge him one bit for it either. He's not the type of guy I'd want to overpay for.
I know Pierre McGuire made comments about a team out west (Edmonton? Calgary? Vancouver?) that would offer him a lot of money in Free Agency, but I would still be shocked if his best offer doesn't come from the Bruins. I fully expect Jake to re-sign here.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
looks like Debrusk will walk, Bruins won't overpay, also wonder with 1 foot out the door how committed he'll be to go all out in the playoffs trying to avoid injury

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
I know Pierre McGuire made comments about a team out west (Edmonton? Calgary? Vancouver?) that would offer him a lot of money in Free Agency, but I would still be shocked if his best offer doesn't come from the Bruins. I fully expect Jake to re-sign here.
I highly doubt he re-signs here. He will end up having a 45 point season and expect better than the $4M he was making, just because he's in his prime and this is his cash-in time. No thanks.

I'm calling JDB traded for a 4th in the offseason, simply to hand over his negotiation rights ahead of July 1st.

looks like Debrusk will walk, Bruins won't overpay, also wonder with 1 foot out the door how committed he'll be to go all out in the playoffs trying to avoid injury
I initially had the same thought, but a guy who wants to cash-in for what will likely end up being a 45 point season, will have no choice to bust his ass in the playoffs to showcase himself for a payday.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrejciMVP

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
"Didn't feel comfortable trying to make a switch" lol Sweeney. In other words, "we didn't get an offer good enough for us to trade him."
Agreed The worst kept secret is that Don doesn't want him and Jake wants to leave. He didn't want to create a hole by getting a 2 and a prospect.

Reactions: BTO and Dr Hook

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The real question is if Sweeney is over valuing debrusks trade value or if other teams are under valuing Debrusk. Because if other teams aren’t seeing the value in Debrusk he’s going to be very disappointed in the contract offers he gets this summer.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
The real question is if Sweeney is over valuing debrusks trade value or if other teams are under valuing Debrusk. Because if other teams aren’t seeing the value in Debrusk he’s going to be very disappointed in the contract offers he gets this summer.
He’s looking at Bunting type offers IMO

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think the real question is ? Really is a two part Question ? Is Debrusk interested in remaining a Bruin? Second part is Sweeney really negotiating to keep DeBrusk a Bruin ??? I can only say I would prefer to keep DeBrusk a Bruin. If cap hit works

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Going to hit the bar in Kowloon!s to the right of the entrance with Glorydaze for rum runners & Mai Tais once DeBrusk & Heinen signed by Donny The Magician

I’d invite @sarge88 since I like him but since Joe now resembles Walter White I can’t risk seeing another brawl at the Kowloon over Al saying something negative about Heinen

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Going to hit the bar in Kowloon!s to the right of the entrance with Glorydaze for rum runners & Mai Tais once DeBrusk & Heinen signed by Donny The Magician

I’d invite @sarge88 since I like him but since Joe now resembles Walter White I can’t risk seeing another brawl at the Kowloon over Al saying something negative about Heinen

lol.

Much appreciated.

(I think)

However, not a Kowloon fan and I don’t drink.

(Which probably explains why I don’t like the Kowloon, as my power drinking friends swear by it..lol).

No problem with either guy re-upping here, for the right price and term. My guess is we’d only differ on what those are.

Reactions: DKH

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

I’d fly down for this

Reactions: DKH

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’d fly down for this

lol.

I love the fact that there are people on this forum that dislike Marchand, Carlo, Pasta, Coyle, and just about every other guy who played here but those of us who don’t like Heinen are the real pariahs. If that’s my biggest crime as a B’s fan, I can sleep well.

😂

• Haha
Reactions: wintersej

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d fly down for this
If it happens after kids hockey season I’d probably have Jess as well

Figure May or June could be fun

Drinks on me anywhere if you fly down. Or take your dog sled. Or whatever.
Eric would be in I bet - he actually told me you were very normal and much better looking than they guy in your avatar everyone thinks is you

• Love
Reactions: NeelyDan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Eric would be in I bet - he actually told me you were very normal and much better looking than they guy in your avatar everyone thinks is you
Eric is being too kind

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

We can do it around the Celtics parade.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
lol.

Much appreciated.

(I think)

However, not a Kowloon fan and I don’t drink.

(Which probably explains why I don’t like the Kowloon, as my power drinking friends swear by it..lol).

No problem with either guy re-upping here, for the right price and term. My guess is we’d only differ on what those are.
I'll just be sitting by the water fall, throwing in some wishes, by the Pirate ship. drinking a strawberry daiquiri. Smiling at you, nodding. But not saying a word!

I always keep my glasses.

20240309_185018.jpg

Reactions: DKH and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'll share a Pu Pu Platter. Me and Dan will be nodding in agreement about Jake cause we like him lol

I'll share some of my food with you Sarge!

I like Jake too!

Like with almost any FA though, I just worry about the contract.

Reactions: Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad