Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
oh....oh

Bruce Cassidy Calls Out Jake DeBrusk For Not Living Up To Standard Bruins Expect

The Boston Bruins clearly have high expectations for second-year forward Jake DeBrusk, and they have no problem letting him know when he doesn’t meet them.The B’s winger was demoted in the team’s 3-2 overtime loss to the Montreal Canadiens on Monday night, and head coach Bruce Cassidy admitted afterward the team expects more from DeBrusk.

“The standard we expect out of him I don’t think has been there enough lately, period. He’s been told that,” Cassidy said after the game. “We want him to play his way out of it. I thought in the third period there were some positives, so hopefully, that gets him going into the next game. We’ll see.”

Good,

Reactions: Pia8988

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I have no issues with it either and we all know that it`s always easier to criticize a kid and get away with it than any vet. Love to see/hear Butch answer to why the B`s might need to decline any possible PP due to their ineptitude when it comes to defending the short handed goals?

Everyone and his sister knows the system they use on it and with both units, he`s quick to mix the lines up, he needs to mix up the formations on the PP IMO

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I have no issues with it either and we all know that it`s always easier to criticize a kid and get away with it than any vet. Love to see/hear Butch answer to why the B`s might need to decline any possible PP due to their ineptitude when it comes to defending the short handed goals?

Everyone and his sister knows the system they use on it and with both units, he`s quick to mix the lines up, he needs to mix up the formations on the PP IMO

DeBrusk and McAvoy are like the golden children around here and never get any/much flak and Jake just has way too many no shows lately.

I'd drop him to the 3rd line for a bit w 23 and 17

Reactions: Pia8988

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It looks like Cassidy saw things exactly as I did. How come I was the ONLY ONE objective enough to call out Jake for not playing well, instead of lazily pointing to his 14 goals? Before the game I called for DeBrusk to be replaced with Heinen and voila, Krejci had one of his best games of the season. Just like I said, DeBrusk was bringing Krejci down.

Because you are awesome and the rest of us are not.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
You can't handle every player and personality the same. DeBrusk seems like the type who like the attention, both good an bad that he gets. He responds to it.

Remember when they sat DeBrusk a game last year? He responded with a very productive run into the second half of the year.

They know he can handle a little criticism others might not.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
DeBrusk and McAvoy are like the golden children around here and never get any/much flak and Jake just has way too many no shows lately.

I'd drop him to the 3rd line for a bit w 23 and 17
Jake top five among forwards on the Bruins and just where you would expect him.
Pasta
Marchand
Bergeron
Krecji
DeBrusk

Reactions: Yeti34

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
at some point it needs to be realized that he and krejci just dont think the game the same way.. dont know why they keep trying it .. i feel like the cehlarik trial is almost doomed before it starts..but alas i will stay the optimist and think that he will be the guy to unite the line

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
All I ask for is consistency Bruce,cherry picking to the press is weak sauce,very weak sauce
Some things need to be uniform, but there is nothing wrong with expecting more in certain areas from one player than you do from another. From all indications he's been great at communicating the teams expectations to each player and holding them accountable. No reason to think this is any different.

I haven't seen DeBrusk's game slipping, but maybe I don't expect as much out of him as they do at this point in his career.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Jake top five among forwards on the Bruins and just where you would expect him.
Pasta
Marchand
Bergeron
Krecji
DeBrusk

Yep. Not his fault Sweeney hasn't gotten he and Krejci help.

Same as when the top line was Marchand, Cave, and Pastrnak. It stunk.

2 NHLers no matter how good cannot drag around total corpses effectively. Bergeron and Marchand even were held back by Caron and Conolly. NHLers are too good to be at that disadvantage.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Some things need to be uniform, but there is nothing wrong with expecting more in certain areas from one player than you do from another. From all indications he's been great at communicating the teams expectations to each player and holding them accountable. No reason to think this is any different.

I haven't seen DeBrusk's game slipping, but maybe I don't expect as much out of him as they do at this point in his career.

Bergeron stunk vs Montreal and he would not give Krecji any pp time or even give him the 2 best wingers for a few shifts .That to me is playing favs at cost of teams success.Even great players have bad nites but not in his eyes.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's been playing with a lower body injury of some sort. You can tell it's effecting his skating game. He's not as quick to get to pucks.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Bergeron stunk vs Montreal and he would not give Krecji any pp time or even give him the 2 best wingers for a few shifts .That to me is playing favs at cost of teams success.Even great players have bad nites but not in his eyes.
If you want to hold Debrusk (or just about anyone) to the same standard of Bergeron he’s going to look real bad real quick.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Yep. Not his fault Sweeney hasn't gotten he and Krejci help.

Same as when the top line was Marchand, Cave, and Pastrnak. It stunk.

2 NHLers no matter how good cannot drag around total corpses effectively. Bergeron and Marchand even were held back by Caron and Conolly. NHLers are too good to be at that disadvantage.
Agree with what you are saying but Bergeron and Marchand were absolutely on fire when playing with Connolly, that was when Marchand first started really being productive. Their offense even dried up after he was traded. I don't think he was the straw that stirred the drink but they were a dominant line even without Connolly contributing.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
For a lot of the shit some of the other young players are getting, I think DeBrusk has been getting a pass for not being that great this season. The Toronto series bought him more rope here than his play has deserved this season. I don't think he has played like a top 6 forward. The 2nd line has had a hole at RW for all year, but they also have had one at LW for part of the year.

Boston has 4 top 6 forwards right now. Bergeron, Krecji, Marchand, Pastrnak.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
For a lot of the **** some of the other young players are getting, I think DeBrusk has been getting a pass for not being that great this season. The Toronto series bought him more rope here than his play has deserved this season. I don't think he has played like a top 6 forward. The 2nd line has had a hole at RW for all year, but they also have had one at LW for part of the year.

Thats fair. He was at a whole new level in that Leafs series. But after that he kind of cooled off.

Although his production hasnt dipped as much as others... And besides who are you going to sub him out with on that second line?

This team needs external help BAD.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Thats fair. He was at a whole new level in that Leafs series. But after that he kind of cooled off.

Although his production hasnt dipped as much as others... And besides who are you going to sub him out with on that second line?

This team needs external help BAD.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Cehlarik-Krejci-Actual top 6 player
DeBrusk/Heinen-Frederic-DeBrusk/Heinen
4th line

Cehlarik plays a much better puck possesion game than DeBrusk which Krejci has thrived with.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Cehlarik-Krejci-Actual top 6 player
DeBrusk/Heinen-Frederic-DeBrusk/Heinen
4th line

Cehlarik plays a much better puck possesion game than DeBrusk which Krejci has thrived with.

After a hopeful acquisition for that second line. I agree. Id like to see Krejci and DeBrusk split.

As many have pointed out- They just play different games (east/west, north/south). And I don't think it would hurt them if they're split up. DeBrusk can create plays on his own as can Krejci. And Cehlarik seems to have some good chemistry with Krejci.

Although Im not completely sold on him yet..

DeBrusk/Heinen have played well together as well.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Anyone else feel like DeBrusk still isn't 100% since taking a puck to the head? He has just seemed off since his return. Earlier this year he was making things happen every game, but since returning from that puck to the head it seems like I've walked away most nights wondering if he took a shift.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
For a lot of the **** some of the other young players are getting, I think DeBrusk has been getting a pass for not being that great this season. The Toronto series bought him more rope here than his play has deserved this season. I don't think he has played like a top 6 forward. The 2nd line has had a hole at RW for all year, but they also have had one at LW for part of the year.

Agree 10,000 percent. I think he will turn it around when the games matter

Reactions: weaponomega
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad