Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
He, like others on this team, have to take less than market value if they want to sign long term on that great perennial Cup contending team.

That’s the Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta Cap advantage.

That and the low Cap space available.

So, if you’re DeBrusk agent, you very well could get you number. Just with another team...

well, im with you that a team cant be overpaying for second tier depth... if he did overprice himself we should deal him.

on the other hand... you have to pay for what you get in this league. teams that attempt to go cheap usually get what they did pay for.

I have said i would be in favor of trading krejci/debrusk and using their cap room to sign a mvp like hall... but ive also said I could see krejci coming back on an extension at less money to finish his career with us

and i definitely like debrusk as an above average second line 30ish goal scorer

they say the cap is going up ALOT after this next year.. so maybe the smart move for everyone is to 1 year bridge debrusk... he would be arbitration eligible in 2021... one more year would probably let us know if he does deserve the 6-7 year contract

a 4-4.5 mill 1 year bridge might make sense for everyone

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
well, im with you that a team cant be overpaying for second tier depth... if he did overprice himself we should deal him.

on the other hand... you have to pay for what you get in this league. teams that attempt to go cheap usually get what they did pay for.

I have said i would be in favor of trading krejci/debrusk and using their cap room to sign a mvp like hall... but ive also said I could see krejci coming back on an extension at less money to finish his career with us

and i definitely like debrusk as an above average second line 30ish goal scorer

they say the cap is going up ALOT after this next year.. so maybe the smart move for everyone is to 1 year bridge debrusk... he would be arbitration eligible in 2021... one more year would probably let us know if he does deserve the 6-7 year contract

a 4-4.5 mill 1 year bridge might make sense for everyone

Stay the hell away from Hall. Literally Garland looks
more threatening offensively. Looks like his
injury has impacted him. Guy has 24 goals in last
82 games.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Stay the hell away from Hall. Literally Garland looks
more threatening offensively. Looks like his
injury has impacted him. Guy has 24 goals in last
82 games.

hes has more than 27 goals once in his entire career... 24 is pretty normal number for him and in no way indicates hes damaged goods

he has 19 points in 21 games in Arizona basically playing by himself... lets not forget with no linemates in jersey the guy exploded for a 93 point season and the mvp trophy

if we got him... we would have marchand with one of either Bergeron/pastrnak taking heavy checking on line 1A and then hall would get the other linemate for line 1B and we would have 2 legitimate first lines capable of better than a goal per game production and both powered by legitimate mvp players

pretty damn outstanding

and if we got him as a free agent we would be able to trade krejci/debrusk for a huge return of prosects/pics to help our cap and depth

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
hes has more than 27 goals once in his entire career... 24 is pretty normal number for him and in no way indicates hes damaged goods

he has 19 points in 21 games in Arizona basically playing by himself... lets not forget with no linemates in jersey the guy exploded for a 93 point season and the mvp trophy

if we got him... we would have marchand with one of either Bergeron/pastrnak taking heavy checking on line 1A and then hall would get the other linemate for line 1B and we would have 2 legitimate first lines capable of better than a goal per game production and both powered by legitimate mvp players

pretty damn outstanding

and if we got him as a free agent we would be able to trade krejci/debrusk for a huge return of prosects/pics to help our cap and depth
If they signed Hall in the offseason, they’d in be in Cap Hell with all of our young talent. What a terrible problem to have. We’d be f***in’ SCREWED!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If they signed Hall in the offseason, they’d in be in Cap Hell with all of our young talent. What a terrible problem to have. We’d be ****in’ SCREWED!

krejci/debrusk are in my budget for 12 million
hall is a 11 mill contract
studnicka Is an elc

so krejci/debrusk get traded for good young affordable talent... they replace some of our weak soft spots in the lineup and increase the depth

hall/studnicka rotate into the top 6 at an EQUAL cap hit... if studnicka isnt ready yet we adjust with another option

imho hall will produce as much offense as krejci/debrusk put together so its a win/win/win

but... we shall see what happens... no real reason to think hall would choose us. we went after travares/kovalchuk so i think theres reason to believe we might go after hall too... but we didnt win any of these pursuits yet

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
krejci/debrusk are in my budget for 12 million
hall is a 11 mill contract
studnicka Is an elc

so krejci/debrusk get traded for good young affordable talent... they replace some of our weak soft spots in the lineup and increase the depth

hall/studnicka rotate into the top 6 at an EQUAL cap hit... if studnicka isnt ready yet we adjust with another option

imho hall will produce as much offense as krejci/debrusk put together so its a win/win/win

but... we shall see what happens... no real reason to think hall would choose us. we went after travares/kovalchuk so i think theres reason to believe we might go after hall too... but we didnt win any of these pursuits yet

We adjust with another option? And if those options all fail, we're without a Top 6 center and floundering. Hall doesn't make any sense.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

pretty damn outstanding

Krejci or DeBrusk aren't getting you a "huge" return.

Pretty sure Palmieri saw time with Hall.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
We adjust with another option? And if those options all fail, we're without a Top 6 center and floundering. Hall doesn't make any sense.

hall has proven he will produce a point per game pace without any linemates... giving him either Bergeron or pastrnak will be fine

we just need a third linemate that can play a little defense... those are fairly easy to find

same with marchand and either pastrnak or Bergeron... hell... they turned riley nash into a ppg player.

we will be fine

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Krejci or DeBrusk aren't getting you a "huge" return.

Pretty sure Palmieri saw time with Hall.

im pretty sure he did too... and of course the

reason they gave the mvp to hall is he outscored his linemates by some ridiculous total like 40 points or whatever

everyone agreed he had no help... which might caution us a bit when we are getting a buzzon for palmieri

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
im pretty sure he did too... and of course the

reason they gave the mvp to hall is he outscored his linemates by some ridiculous total like 40 points or whatever

everyone agreed he had no help... which might caution us a bit when we are getting a buzzon for palmieri

I`d have absolutely not one issue worrying about whether or not a guy like Palmieri could fit in with the B`s. He`s done nothing short of play and contribute consistently quite some time now. He is the exact kind of player ideally, for this fan, I want the B`s to acquire

1- RW
2- Isn`t a bruiser but will play with some jam, Kreider definitely more physical but..
3- can score, this will be his 5th consecutive season with 20+ goals, once hitting 30 I believe
4- Is responsible in all 3 zones, not a Selke finalist but...
5- another year on the deal

I get it, Kreider checks those boxes too and is bigger, more physical but I think he`d cost the B`s a ton more for a guy who produces essentially the same numbers as KP

Kyle Palmieri Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Chris Kreider Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I`d have absolutely not one issue worrying about whether or not a guy like Palmieri could fit in with the B`s. He`s done nothing short of play and contribute consistently quite some time now. He is the exact kind of player ideally, for this fan, I want the B`s to acquire

1- RW
2- Isn`t a bruiser but will play with some jam, Kreider definitely more physical but..
3- can score, this will be his 5th consecutive season with 20+ goals, once hitting 30 I believe
4- Is responsible in all 3 zones, not a Selke finalist but...
5- another year on the deal

I get it, Kreider checks those boxes too and is bigger, more physical but I think he`d cost the B`s a ton more for a guy who produces essentially the same numbers as KP

Kyle Palmieri Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Chris Kreider Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

adding someone with another year on their contract means... paying someone with another year on their contract

do we like this guy enough to part ways with someone else that we might have paid?

realistically adding a 5 mill second line winger means getting rid of one... personally id rather keep debrusk

Reactions: ODAAT

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
adding someone with another year on their contract means... paying someone with another year on their contract

do we like this guy enough to part ways with someone else that we might have paid?

realistically adding a 5 mill second line winger means getting rid of one... personally id rather keep debrusk

You were just advocating trading DeBrusk. I would
much rather sign Kreider and use the $ saved not
having Hall and pay Krug.

Reactions: DKH

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Kreider 59 point projection 30 goals
37 points in his last 77 playoff games {we are getting him for playoffs right?}

career highs of 28 goals and 53 points despite being 29 before the playoffs start this year

309 career points in 512 career games

what part of this isnt a 40 point player?

I guess he had a hot week this week? got 6 points in his last 4 games? im sure thats substainable based on his super awesome career totals

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
37 points in his last 77 playoff games {we are getting him for playoffs right?}

career highs of 28 goals and 53 points despite being 29 before the playoffs start this year

309 career points in 512 career games

what part of this isnt a 40 point player?

I guess he had a hot week this week? got 6 points in his last 4 games? im sure thats substainable based on his super awesome career totals
We disagree no worries

I’m not going after Hall

give me DeBrusk & Kreider and resign KRUG

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Remember when people were crying about DeBrusk and saying he wasn't a Top 6 forward? :laugh:

51 Games Played -- 18 Goals -- 16 Assists -- 34 Points
77 Games Played -- 27 Goals -- 24 Assists -- 51 Points

For an 82 game season:

82 Games Played -- 29 Goals -- 25 Assists -- 54 Points

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
He got off to a slow start with just 6 points in his first 17 games.

In his last 34 games he has 15 goals/28 points.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He got off to a slow start with just 6 points in his first 17 games.

In his last 34 games he has 15 goals/28 points.
With his new stick (the one that a lot of people are talking about with the hole in the blade) he has 5 goals, 5 assists in 11 games. Kind of funny that in his last game that he didn't use it he had 2 goals, 1 assist. Either way, looks great with the new twig.

image.php

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Remember when people were crying about DeBrusk and saying he wasn't a Top 6 forward? :laugh:

51 Games Played -- 18 Goals -- 16 Assists -- 34 Points
77 Games Played -- 27 Goals -- 24 Assists -- 51 Points

For an 82 game season:

82 Games Played -- 29 Goals -- 25 Assists -- 54 Points
I was slagging him pretty good but I also try to be fair and he`s been gold over the last 6 weeks. Prior to that, far too many games where he simply wasn`t moving his feet, not focused or committed defensively. Love the kid and know what he can bring which also means when he`s not bringing it, I`ll question it

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
If they signed Hall in the offseason, they’d in be in Cap Hell with all of our young talent. What a terrible problem to have. We’d be ****in’ SCREWED!

Would absolutely be possible. Get rid of Backes and Moore and you save almost 9 million in cap space. Then you trade DeBrusk because Hall would take over his place in the lineup. Therfore you wouldnt pay Jake and would save the raise.

Im not advocating to sign him. Just want to say it's possible with the right moves. Also believe that Hall would love to sign in Boston. Original six team, contender, nice place to live and the most important thing, playoffs every year. He would sign for a lot of less money to go to Boston than to other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad