Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
:facepalm:

all I got for you
Thats fine.. i get it.. peoples opinions differ.. krejci is a player that i would typically love.. been in the organization his entire career , capable of doing things on the ice that most others cant do , i just haven't seen it in awhile.. id be more than happy for him to make me eat my words.. but i just find him frustrating to watch lately.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
People are saying it's JDB's fault while others here are saying it's DK's fault. In reality, they're both wrong. It's Sweeney and Cassidy's fault. Sweeney because his 2nd line center is a slow it down possession kind of player that does better with big bodied players that can do the same game, yet Sweeney hasn't found that guy over multiple seasons. And it's Cassidy's fault because he's mismatched DeBrusk and Krejci together from the jump and won't break them up. It's more than obvious there's a stylistic clash going on here and even adding a RW won't fix that. Break these two players up and stop trying to make this work when it clearly doesn't. Give DK Heinen or Bjork and put JDB with Coyle.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
People are saying it's JDB's fault while others here are saying it's DK's fault. In reality, they're both wrong. It's Sweeney and Cassidy's fault. Sweeney because his 2nd line center is a slow it down possession kind of player that does better with big bodied players that can do the same game, yet Sweeney hasn't found that guy over multiple seasons. And it's Cassidy's fault because he's mismatched DeBrusk and Krejci together from the jump and won't break them up. It's more than obvious there's a stylistic clash going on here and even adding a RW won't fix that. Break these two players up and stop trying to make this work when it clearly doesn't. Give DK Heinen or Bjork and put JDB with Coyle.
Looks like Bjork is finally getting time with Krejci today at practice.. But JDB is still on the left side.

You're dead on with the bold and I believe many feel this way including myself. Separate Krejci and JDB. It's like Cassidy welded the square peg to the round hole with this combination.

Give Coyle DeBrusk and someone not named Richie and see what they can do for more than 2 PERIODS.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012

I love Krejci, but his style of play is a difficult one to link up with. I did indeed worry about Debrusk keeping pace with him in one way or another

Reactions: LSCII

False Start

May 8, 2018
I'd love to see this lineup, which means it will never happen...:laugh:

We're one player away...

For what it's worth. Most of last game was spent seeing Heinen with Krejci and Pasta. With debrusk and bjork with Lindholm.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Haven't we learned that Krejci,with the exception of 30 goal Eriksson,has always done best with big,physical wingers?

Reactions: BMC

BruinsNetwork

Haven't we learned that Krejci,with the exception of 30 goal Eriksson,has always done best with big,physical wingers?

That was many years ago when the league was slower, more physical and more grueling. Things have changed. Look how excellent he played when centering Marchand and Pastrnak in the absence of Bergeron.

Krejci doesn’t need “big” wingers, he just needs talented wingers that are consistently next to him and work with him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That was many years ago when the league was slower, more physical and more grueling. Things have changed. Look how excellent he played when centering Marchand and Pastrnak in the absence of Bergeron.

Krejci doesn’t need “big” wingers, he just needs talented wingers that are consistently next to him and work with him.

Which time? Last year, he looked tremendous early on and then eventually faded back into his hot/cold streaky pattern that's been with him his entire career. This year, I thought Marchand and Pasta had great chemistry, but felt DK was more of an impediment than a help.

BruinsNetwork

Which time? Last year, he looked tremendous early on and then eventually faded back into his hot/cold streaky pattern that's been with him his entire career. This year, I thought Marchand and Pasta had great chemistry, but felt DK was more of an impediment than a help.

That’s because you don’t like Krejci and root against him no matter what, but that’s none of my business. Do as you please.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That’s because you don’t like Krejci and root against him no matter what, but that’s none of my business. Do as you please.

Yeah, no. Thanks for telling me what I do and how I feel about a player though. Solid. Lot's of value in your response right there.

As I've said for years, Krejci is the key to this team. If he's going well and producing, the team is rocking. When he disappears, so do the team's cup chances. Simple as that. But sure, hate. I got it.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Honestly Heinen's game is more suited for Krejci. In my perfect world...

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Heinen - Krejci - Bjork
DeBrusk - Coyle - Senyshyn

I'd swap Pasta and Bjork. For one, we know Krejci plays well with Pasta, and for another, I'm not sure Bjork will play as well with Krejci.

But moving JDB away from Krejci has always been my hope too. They don't seem to mesh.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

All we have is 10 games with the league's leading goal scorer and the league's arguably best winger. Coyle would produce with those 2. I agree,he needs first line talent to provide first line numbers,and in the past that was playing with Lucic,Horton and Iginla.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Seriously?

Ya. Big winger like you said. Krejci doesnt seem to produce with him on the line. Maybe its because it takes more than being a "big physical winger"

Btw Krejci tied his career high in points last year...without a big physical winger.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Yeah, no. Thanks for telling me what I do and how I feel about a player though. Solid. Lot's of value in your response right there.

As I've said for years, Krejci is the key to this team. If he's going well and producing, the team is rocking. When he disappears, so do the team's cup chances. Simple as that. But sure, hate. I got it.
Give a chance to the kids, they know everything. As we get older we're getting dumber.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ya. Big winger like you said. Krejci doesnt seem to produce with him on the line. Maybe its because it takes more than being a "big physical winger"

Btw Krejci tied his career high in points last year...without a big physical winger.

He just needs a winger that can score consistently, 20-30 times a season. It could someone the size of Gaudreau, or Tom Wilson. It is irrelevant. Maybe Bjork can be that guy, but it isn't a body type Krejci needs, it's a skill set to make the most out of his hands and vision.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He just needs a winger that can score consistently, 20-30 times a season. It could someone the size of Gaudreau, or Tom Wilson. It is irrelevant. Maybe Bjork can be that guy, but it isn't a body type Krejci needs, it's a skill set to make the most out of his hands and vision.

DeBrusk G/GP puts him a 25 goals a year.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
eh, correlation does not equal causality.

Horton was big, but most importantly he was skilled. Same for Iginla. Lucic's skill was underrated too. He had early success with Wheeler & Ryder. Wheeler was big, but not physical. He's had some success with Debrusk but has been held back by a lack of help on the other side. Still, he did basically have a career year with Debrusk and a bunch of stiffs last year. He also had a nice little run with Miro Satan in 2010.

I think it's a myth that Krejci needs big, physical wingers to be successful. I'm not saying it isn't a helpful ingredient for Krejci's line (or any line), but it's not the straw that stirs the drink. Krejci just needs high IQ players that can finish and make plays. Yeah it's great if the wings are also 6'3, 230 but I also think if you put a guy like Kessel on Debrusk & Krejci's RW they'd be a dominant 2nd line.

when you look at the guys he hasn't had much success with, I think the common thread isn't that those guys are small...it's that they suck (see Backes, David).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad