Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Disappointing so far

yep, have to think he`s injured, while he was/is prone to dips in play, during those stretches, we still see him trying to get involved but he`s doing that sporadically at best right now which tells me that say, one in 4-5 shifts he wills himself to do what he more often than not does but he just can`t the rest of the time.

We shall find out eventually what is ailing him, kid has character and I just don`t see him being healthy right now but the options at the B`s disposal aren`t terrific as far as scratching him

Reactions: BNHL and Lady Rhian

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
yep, have to think he`s injured, while he was/is prone to dips in play, during those stretches, we still see him trying to get involved but he`s doing that sporadically at best right now which tells me that say, one in 4-5 shifts he wills himself to do what he more often than not does but he just can`t the rest of the time.

We shall find out eventually what is ailing him, kid has character and I just don`t see him being healthy right now but the options at the B`s disposal aren`t terrific as far as scratching him
The Kadri effect,maybe.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Quietly starting to get back to the Jake of the end of the regular season

I thought he had much more jump last few games

Last 4 games
1 G
2A
3P
+3

If Jake gets hot watch out

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I'm a big DeBrusk fan, I love what he provides when he move his feet, but I really expected to see more in this series. He's a stud when he's visible, but he too often is invisible.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I hope he plays his whole career as a Bruin. There is still plenty of room for growth but his interviews and his hustle, tell me in years to come he ,will be player that you want as your core. The value of players like Krejci, and Bergeron can not be underestimated when you dealing with a younger quality player, like Debrusk . Hope he is a Bruin for life . For all you posters that condemn the the three first round picks in 2015, DeBrusk is a keeper. It is to early to give up on Senyshyn and Zboril. GO BRUINS !!!!!

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
OK, JDB. It has been a disappointing playoff showing so far. I don't think many have questioned his heart and or willingness. My favorite part of his game is how he drives straight to the net.

All will be forgiven is he comes up big against the Blues. I think he will.

(though I said he'd run all over TML and... he did not...)

Reactions: Estlin

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I honestly thought that hit from rat scum Kadri might've done more damage than we all were aware of

I hope that's not the case, and I hope Jake proves to be just one of many difference makers in this series. I love the kid. I wanna see him be a Bruin for a long time.

Reactions: 00BW

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Not worried about Debrusk

People often forget, in marchand’s early years he went MIA in many playoff series, his breakout year that we won the cup he played well (similar to Jake playing well his first year against Toronto), but after that he was ho hum

Didn’t come back on until we faced Ottawa and then even then he was still finding his groove

Young players need adjustment time and growth, I like what Jake brings to the team and on the ice and his skill level is pretty high, even if he’s not scoring there’s a constant threat of guys like him potting one, it’s why this team has been able to roll 4 lines effectively. The points will come

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Streaky young winger turns out to be a streaky young winger. Nothing more concerning to that. People were trying to waive Pastrnak two/three weeks ago, now he has 15 points in 17 games. Hopefully Jake also hits his stride in the finals.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I honestly think he’s been okay. He hasn’t been piling up points, but I think he’s been generally good and moving his feet well.

I know we all want to see “take over the game DeBrusk” all the time, but’s its not going to happen.

I’ve got high hopes for him this series coming off a long rest.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I honestly think he’s been okay. He hasn’t been piling up points, but I think he’s been generally good and moving his feet well.

I know we all want to see “take over the game DeBrusk” all the time, but’s its not going to happen.

I’ve got high hopes for him this series coming off a long rest.

I agree. I don't think he is the type to dominate a game but he is the player who comes up with a big play in a big moment.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
DeBrusk-Krejci- Backes

In 1970 the Bruins second line - Bucyk-Stanfield-McKenzie did the Blues in

Here’s to history repeating itself
I feel like Debrusk has been improving these playoffs with Backes as the other winger. Other teams were targeting Debrusk physically, but Backes takes some of that away and lets him play his game.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like Debrusk has been improving these playoffs with Backes as the other winger. Other teams were targeting Debrusk physically, but Backes takes some of that away and lets him play his game.
I think you are correct

When we walked out the other night we went out late and walked down by the door where you enter for the Bruins offices upstairs - it’s where employees go and the coaching staff and radio and TV guys come and go

As we were going by you could see a guy with a Red Sox hat on DeBrusk and another player - Backes.

They were joined by Acciari and Kuraly and the four walked out and left - they looked more like going home based on clothing - couch or workout wear but there was DeBrusk with Backes

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He's always been one of those players that wears his emotions on his sleeve, and you could tell he was beyond hyped to be playing in the Cup Final. Hopefully he carries that emotion over the rest of the series, his speed and tenacity is a gamebreaker against a team that is on the slower side.

As soon as I saw him block that shot, I knew he was going to win the race to that puck. I swear this guy could beat McDavid to a loose puck when he sees red like that.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad