Player Discussion Jake Allen

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Was doing a lot of thinking and I think the more logical move at this current moment is for the Habs to trade Jake Allen.

That was painful.

This dude needs to take a breath and vary his pace/tone. And no..... I do not think Allen fetches a "very nice return".

Not sure why people would follow guys like this who have no connections/insider knowledge......just reading nonsense that is readily available to everyone.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
The smart move would be to grab the next goalie put on waivers. Send Primeau down and keep McNiven on taxi squad. When Allen gets back, if he gets dealt, you stick with those 3. If Allen stays, you can send McNiven down and the 3rd guy takes his place on taxi squad. No waiver issues and Primeau can have a run at the playoffs.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Is it me, or he gets scored on every game on first shot or in the first few minutes? I haven't watch all the game this year but maybe i'm overexaggerating but it does look like it.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Is it me, or he gets scored on every game on first shot or in the first few minutes? I haven't watch all the game this year but maybe i'm overexaggerating but it does look like it.
He’s a backup goalie playing 1st goalie minutes anytime he plays more then 30 games a season it’s a mess

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
He’s a backup goalie playing 1st goalie minutes anytime he plays more then 30 games a season it’s a mess

1672527526399.png

He never really played 30 games a season.

1st or 2nd doesnt matter, why he is never ready at the start of the games..

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Jake Allen was on Friedman's 32 Thoughts. Good interview. He is very in depth on studying the game. Talked about how St.Louis used this ability to study Rask in Cup Finals. Rask was having a great playoff for Boston leading up to Finals. Allen was able to copy his foot work and statue in the crease. How Rask played the game. Then he played like Rask in practice. Giving the Blues shooters practice at Rask weaknesses.

Allen also talks about building the perfect goalie. Said he liked Carey Price skating. Patrick Roy ability to play under pressure and raise his play in playoffs. Ben Bishop size. Hasek hips and flexibility. Brodeur way he studied the play.

Reactions: Chili

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Friedman was saying how smart Allen seemed and he is such a student of the game. He's probably reason for increase in Monty play? Also, why Montreal extended Allen. Instead of trade. With young goalies in our system. Primeau, Dobes and those guys.

Sounds like Allen could be a Hab until he retires, then goalie coach.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Friedman was saying how smart Allen seemed and he is such a student of the game. He's probably reason for increase in Monty play? Also, why Montreal extended Allen. Instead of trade. With young goalies in our system. Primeau, Dobes and those guys.

Sounds like Allen could be a Hab until he retires, then goalie coach.

Allen is a good 1B/back-up goalie for the team's current situation. He's aware the team doesn't expect to win, but he wanted to be here during the rebuild and teammates always comment on how good of a teammate he is.

With such a young D, it helps having a veteran goalie behind them who could point things out such as positioning. It also helps their confidence knowing if they make a mistake Allen could often help bail them out.

Dobes is likely at least 2 years away and Primeau has been outplayed by Monty and hasn't even shown he can be a capable NHL backup at this point.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Allen is a good 1B/back-up goalie for the team's current situation. He's aware the team doesn't expect to win, but he wanted to be here during the rebuild and teammates always comment on how good of a teammate he is.

With such a young D, it helps having a veteran goalie behind them who could point things out such as positioning. It also helps their confidence knowing if they make a mistake Allen could often help bail them out.

Dobes is likely at least 2 years away and Primeau has been outplayed by Monty and hasn't even shown he can be a capable NHL backup at this point.
Primeau had good playoff though. Primeau had better numbers in college then Dobes. I like for him to get a year work with Allen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad