Jaime Drysdale

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle are gone...I take him.

I don't see the downside in that position.

We'll take Rossi #4 and never look back.

Don't like this Drysdale situation for us at all. Best in class yeah, vs. weak D class. Hype is based on that, because there's no competition. Also lots of D options on the free market, and teams in cap hell for next season.

We don't have to build the future defence on this draft, when there's best forward class on this 2019-2020-2021 time period.

Seider and Hronek log big future roles on right side, at same time there's bigger need for vet RD and center prospect, that pretty much seals our first being 100% sure a forward with center potential, when there's a great draft offering these options.

2021 we will pick a D again. That's a D draft at our pick range with equal options. Don't have to care about tanking, just starting climbing the ladder up. Make the team better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkseider

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
If we take Rossi at 4 there is a fair possibility that Wallinder or O’Rourke will be there at 32. If we take Drysdale then at 32 look for a forward, preferably a centre, there isn’t much left other than Bordeleau or maybe Hiroven. I think I like the first option better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If we take Rossi at 4 there is a fair possibility that Wallinder or O’Rourke will be there at 32. If we take Drysdale then at 32 look for a forward, preferably a centre, there isn’t much left other than Bordeleau or maybe Hiroven. I think I like the first option better.

Wallinder is going to go before our pick in round 2. I would be pretty shocked if he doesn't. A lot of people have him as a top 3 D in this class. There are going to be at least 2-3 teams that want a defenseman in round 1.

O'Rourke is pretty on par with the centers you would get in round 2. I would not make the first pick based on what might be there 30 picks later, just not a good idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
There are so many very good picks at second round, so I wish we have more picks there. This draft is very deep. Even if we get Raymond I am not going to complained.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
There are so many very good picks at second round, so I wish we have more picks there. This draft is very deep. Even if we get Raymond I am not going to complained.

I look at the players projected to go in round 2, and I do not feel it is very deep personally.

Reactions: ealong59

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If we take Rossi at #4 I am going to throw up in my mouth a little... I won't go completely off the handle, but I would be upset about that outcome to be honest.

GOZetterberg

Dec 10, 2019
I just can't see a scenario where we move Hronek in the future. His shot is way too valuable for our pp. This is why I would be very surprised if we ended up taking Drysdale (though, Yzerman did talk much about Cale Makar in his postseason conference).

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If we take Rossi at #4 I am going to throw up in my mouth a little... I won't go completely off the handle, but I would be upset about that outcome to be honest.

I think I'm to the point where if it's anyone other than Lafreniere/Byfield/Ramond/Stutzle/Drysdale I am going to be pretty disappointed. I like Perfetti and Rossi, I just see more question marks with those two compared to the group above, so I would have to resort to being cautiously optimistic more than I'd like to with where we are slated to draft.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
We'll take Rossi #4 and never look back.

Don't like this Drysdale situation for us at all. Best in class yeah, vs. weak D class. Hype is based on that, because there's no competition. Also lots of D options on the free market, and teams in cap hell for next season.

We don't have to build the future defence on this draft, when there's best forward class on this 2019-2020-2021 time period.

Seider and Hronek log big future roles on right side, at same time there's bigger need for vet RD and center prospect, that pretty much seals our first being 100% sure a forward with center potential, when there's a great draft offering these options.

2021 we will pick a D again. That's a D draft at our pick range with equal options. Don't have to care about tanking, just starting climbing the ladder up. Make the team better.
I don't think that the defenseman behind Drysdale should really influence your perception of him. 2018 had a ton of good D at the top but if Hughes was available in 2019 instead would he have been a worse prospect? I don't think so.

You can suspect he's overhyped because people that want a D are pumping up their best option, but if you go and watch him play and walk away impressed, whether the five next best players in the draft are defenseman or forwards shouldn't matter. We can get our best D in a forward heavy draft and our best forward in a D heavy draft.

So if you're going to argue we shouldn't take Drysdale I'd rather see a reason: he's not dynamic enough offensively with his hands, especially trying to beat guys one-on-one. I think that's a fair criticism of him as he's a somewhat smaller D whose game is predicated on skating but isn't elite at beating guys like a Makar or Hughes.

Or perhaps his wrist shot. It seems fine to me, but it's not a big strength IMO and having watched Lidstrom for so long, I love a Dman that can skate with a strong wrist shot he can get on net frequently. It's a lot of why I loved Boqvist in his draft year.

But if I'm drafting and Stutzle, Byfield and Lafreniere are off the board, I'm absolutely taking Drysdale because I think he's genuinely the fourth best prospect. His skating, passing and IQ are awesome.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
The draft board for me is this.

Lafreniere

Byfield/Stutzle I think it is a complete toss up between them.

Drysdale.

Even if we get the 4th pick if LA or NJ get thr 2nd or 3rd pick they could easily take Drysdale as they are both deep at young centers.

Personally I hope to get one of the forwards then possibly Power in 2021. But if we end up with Drysdale it isn't going to be terrible. He's grown on me a bit.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008

Don't know if you have seen this but I thought it was great. Hard to believe Drysdale just turned 18 few days ago. Try to imagine if he had talent around him in Erie.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
That clip is pretty impressive. You may have won me over. So now what position and who are you hoping for at 32? Wallinder and O’Rourke still look the best to me but two men? Not likely

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I agree with Frk It in that Wallinder will not be there at 32. He’s too big and skates well to last that long. I don’t know how he is ranked as low as he is on some of the lists like Central Scouting

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I agree with Frk It in that Wallinder will not be there at 32. He’s too big and skates well to last that long. I don’t know how he is ranked as low as he is on some of the lists like Central Scouting

My realistic D targets would be O’Rourke, Cormier, Villenueve or one of the Euro kids in round 2.

My realistic F targets would be Bordeleau, Mysak, Hirvonen, and Tullio.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
My realistic D targets would be O’Rourke, Cormier, Villenueve or one of the Euro kids in round 2.

My realistic F targets would be Bordeleau, Mysak, Hirvonen, and Tullio.
I like those, what about Andrae?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

He is ranked pretty low on all lists. 34,9 on average ranks.

But I could see him going earlier, just because he is one of the biggest on the top defencemen group. Big defencemen are always pulled earlier.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If Laf, Stu and Byf are gone and we have the 4th pick we take Drysdale no question. Those are the top 4 players.
Hronek, Drysdale, Seider are all RD ,one of them need to switch sides and I am sure for Seider it not going to be hard. There are also Rossi and multiple Ottawa pics to down trade. So many other options

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
If we get the #4 pick i wouldn't mind taking Jamie Drysdale with it. We still need talent at D. Add possibly Krug to the mix then all of a sudden the D isn't half bad.
Yeah - this seems likely to happen.

I know I'm not the only one bored, and had run the Tankathon simulator...More often than not we drop to 3rd/4th...If 3rd I think it'll be either Byfield, or Stutzle, and most likely Drysdale at 4th.

With all the D prospects drafted these past few seasons I'm hoping we have 6 guys that are the envy of the league.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I for one am perfectly content with walking away from this season with one of Laf, Byfield, Stutzle or Drysdale. Obviously Laf is the gem but the top 4 this year is pretty awesome.

Inb4 we draft Raymond at 4th as a pick nobody on this board was expecting.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I for one am perfectly content with walking away from this season with one of Laf, Byfield, Stutzle or Drysdale. Obviously Laf is the gem but the top 4 this year is pretty awesome.

Inb4 we draft Raymond at 4th as a pick nobody on this board was expecting.

No offense, but no one would be shocked if we took Raymond at four.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad