Jaime Drysdale

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’m trying to get an idea of how good he is. How would you rank these six defensemen? Bowen Byrum, Quinn Hughes, Adam Boquist, Evan Bouchard, Noah Dobson, and Drysdale in order

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Relative to all of the listed players as of their draft days he would be picked somewhere between 1-3rd, potentially behind only Byram and/or Hughes.

I haven't made my final determination on Drysdale yet so for now that is as far as I'm comfortable determining.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Hughes, Byram, Drysdale.
He could be better than Byram though still way too early

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
At draft time I think hes probably the highest rated. He was hyped for the longest time as the top D in his draft. At draft time Byram had just come off a huge playoff and hes bigger so he might've been drafted ahead. At draft time Hughes wasnt as hyped. With hindsight hes been productive in the NHL but at draft time Drysdale goes first. The other 3 Drysdale definitely goes ahead of.

Hes getting drafted 1st or 2nd out of that group

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I believe Drysdale going to be the best simply because his progress. His hockey IQ will make him best d one day , but we don't know this yet

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Bowen Byrum, Quinn Hughes, Adam Boquist, Evan Bouchard, Noah Dobson, and Drysdale in order

Hughes
Byram

Boqvist
Dobson

Drysdale
Bouchard

Thats definitely not how they would've been ranked at draft time. And even now the only ones with a real argument for being ahead are Byram and Hughes. Drysdale had a better WJC than Dobson has ever had as a draft eligible and he was pretty close with Byram this year.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Now

Hughes
Drysdale

byram

Dobson
Bouchard
Boqvist

before they were draftered

drysdale
Byram

Dobson
Hughes
Bouchard
Boqvist

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Thats definitely not how they would've been ranked at draft time. And even now the only ones with a real argument for being ahead are Byram and Hughes. Drysdale had a better WJC than Dobson has ever had as a draft eligible and he was pretty close with Byram this year.

the OP asked how i would rank them. I dont see much in drysdale or bouchard... or boqvist and dobson for that matter. Personally wouldnt spend a top 10 draft pick on any of those 4.

i also wouldnt have drafted seider in the top 10, though i think it worked out great in hindsight

Last edited:

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
How I felt on draft day:

Byram
Boqvist
Drysdale

Hughes
Dobson
Bouchard

With hindsight:
Hughes

Drysdale
Byram

Dobson, Boqvist and Bouchard I'm not sure how to order because I haven't followed them well enough post draft.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm really not a big fan of trying to rank guys from different draft classes at the time they were all prospects. How guys do afterwards always skews things, whether people try to or not.

I think the most similar guy as far as play style and impact that I would point to with Drysdale would actually be Heiskanen.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'm really not a big fan of trying to rank guys from different draft classes at the time they were all prospects. How guys do afterwards always skews things, whether people try to or not.

I think the most similar guy as far as play style and impact that I would point to with Drysdale would actually be Heiskanen.
I agree that it's not a great exercise, but I try to look back at my old lists and posts to see about how I felt. It's pretty obvious in hindsight that I wasn't high enough on Hughes. I was super high on both Boqvist and Byram. So while it's not super easy to rank guys precisely I think you can at least seperate out tiers. For me in this one I definitely had Boqvist, Byram and now Drysdale in their own tier compared to Hughes, Bouchard and Dobson. Those three I liked a lot as well but they were clearly behind Boqvist for me. I'm pretty confident I would have liked Byram and Drysdale more than Hughes, Bouchard and Dobson.

Whether I may have liked Drysdale more than Byram and Boqvist is harder to say for sure. I was pretty high on them, having each as my 3rd ranked player and was pretty tempted to make Byram 2nd over Kakko. I think Drysdale is the 4th, maybe 5th best player in this draft.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Drysdale (at day of draft) has the best all around skill set. Hughes was, and will be better offensively. I think Dobson might be a shade ahead of Drysdale defensively (at day of draft). But, of them I think Drysdale has the best chances of being a #1. I wouldn't be put off if Detroit goes for him, especially if they decide to part ways with Cholowski at the draft and a 2nd or two to get another first.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I know some of the scouts were saying that Cale Makar was Jamie Drysdales comparable. And i definitely see that.
But they are different, one is playing like 4th forward, another, is complete defenseman. Dahlin is better than Drysdale, and they both complete defender's. Other guys not so great defensively

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why? We've been play Hronek at LD from time to time. Just because we might draft Drysdale doesn't mean that Hronek days could be numbered. both Hronek and Seider can play LD.
Seider's trying that in GR, and most of Hronek's time as LD is on PP. In fact, my preference is to have Hronek play LD if the team winds up with 4 righties because he has the best slapper... so at least there would be one benefit from having him play the off side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad