Jagr a Devil Part II: May be an Alien Edition

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I wanted Kovy to get the C back when Parise left. Sal is going to be retired in a couple seasons (37) and apparently is beloved in the clubhouse. Zero chance we strip Sal 'C' to give it to Jagr.

There is like a 50/50 chance Jagr is a devil by the end of this seasons trading deadline. If we aren't in playoff contention lou is going to move him for assets.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I wanted Kovy to get the C back when Parise left. Sal is going to be retired in a couple seasons (37) and apparently is beloved in the clubhouse. Zero chance we strip Sal 'C' to give it to Jagr.

There is like a 50/50 chance Jagr is a devil by the end of this seasons trading deadline. If we aren't in playoff contention lou is going to move him for assets.

U don't think we will even be in contention at the deadline?

I think this thought of trading Jagr needs to be put to bed. He's been our best player, by a good stretch, he fits the system to a T, his contract is a bargain, we currently are in a playoff spot, we have no 1st rnd pick so tanking makes little sense. Sure he's old but he's proven he has plenty left in the tank, and he wants to keep on playing. We should be looking to build around him, not ship him out.

I don't think we are stripping Sal either. But it is weird that most guys would rather he not even play, yet are adamant that we do not take away the C.

apice3*

Im not advocating taking away the C from sal. But let's be real, since he got the C, the record with him in the lineup is awful. And since he got hurt we've been rolling.

If you're saying the reason we haven't played well is because of Salvador's captaincy and the reason we're succeed now is because our captain is out of commission then you need a serious reality check.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
U don't think we will even be in contention at the deadline?

I think this thought of trading Jagr needs to be put to bed. He's been our best player, by a good stretch, he fits the system to a T, his contract is a bargain, we currently are in a playoff spot, we have no 1st rnd pick so tanking makes little sense. Sure he's old but he's proven he has plenty left in the tank, and he wants to keep on playing. We should be looking to build around him, not ship him out.

I don't think we are stripping Sal either. But it is weird that most guys would rather he not even play, yet are adamant that we do not take away the C.

I think we will be in the playoffs, but we have to increase our goals per game. There is ZERO chance we make the playoffs if we are last in the league in shots per game.

Trading Jagr is not about tanking - it is about gaining assets that will help us in the future.

If we are out of it at the trading deadline (for Lou that would be a lot of PTS) then Zidlicky and Jagr have to be traded.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
we can put the "Lou made him" debate to an end finally

Jagr told me last week that he’s retired his salute goal celebration because, “I don’t celebrate anymore. You don’t want it to seem like you’re surprised when you do something.” Still, it appeared that Jagr was about to do a salute after scoring the overtime goal in Los Angeles Thursday. That goal – his league-best 18th career overtime goal – tied him with Mario Lemieux for ninth place all time with 690 goals and equaled Gordie Howe’s record of 121 game-winning goals. After Jagr scored, he pulled off his right glove, but then did a simple fist pump. Jagr insisted he was not thinking about doing a salute. “Honestly, I didn’t know what I wanted to do,” Jagr said. “I was happy we won. We didn’t have a very good game and they were playing very well. Honestly, I was just excited. I know we needed to win that game.” Jagr also insisted that neither GM Lou Lamoriello nor anyone else with the Devils told him to stop doing the goal salute. “No, Lou has been good,” Jagr said. “He hasn’t even told me to get a haircut, yet. I’m going to. I haven’t had time.” - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...al_salute_in_retirement/#sthash.h3Yhy26H.dpuf

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Jagr was asked this morning if scoring in overtime against the Kings felt the same as it did when he scored his first overtime goal. “Probably, but I don’t remember that,” he said. “It was a different century.”

Jagr couldn’t remember his first regular season overtime goal, but did remember that his first playoff overtime goal came against the Devils. As a 19-year-old rookie, he beat Chris Terreri 8:52 into overtime of Game 2 of the Patrick Division Semifinals to give Pittsburgh a 5-4 win. - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/..._in_retirement/#sthash.h3Yhy26H.O8PfzPkz.dpuf

Yes that is Jagr giving the middle finger :amazed:

“You don’t play at the age he’s at without it and everyone talks about it, but until you see him – he lives for hockey,” DeBoer said. “There’s nothing more important than the game and being at the rink. You’d have to talk to him about why he found that passion again. He left for Russia for a few years and came back and really appreciates this more. I don’t know the reasons, but this guy walks into the rink every day with a smile on his face, appreciative of the opportunity to play in the NHL. He’s bought into whatever we’ve asked him to do from a team system point of view and has just been a pleasure to coach.”

- See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/..._in_retirement/#sthash.h3Yhy26H.O8PfzPkz.dpuf

Bonus video of Jagr talking about his first ever goal, which came against the devils

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Maybe livewell68 has a thread up already ;)

I know its a light joke, but there are no threads about this on the main board, and it just drives me crazy that Jagr gets so little respect in this country. He is arguably one of the top 5-10 players to EVER play the game, but the fans and a lot of teams have just disrespected him so much since he left the Penguins.

Right now Jagr is top 25 in goals and top 50 in points. At 41. If Ovechkin and Steen didn't have 20 goals, Jagr would be 5 goals away from the lead. Just think about that.

Help and support Jagr and he will produce for yee.

Oh and Jagr is about to pass mario in points and assists also. Better watch the penguins vs devils games, hopefully mario won't send some players out there to prevent jagr from passing him!

Last edited:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I know its a light joke, but there are no threads about this on the main board, and it just drives me crazy that Jagr gets so little respect in this country. He is arguably one of the top 5-10 players to EVER play the game, but the fans and a lot of teams have just disrespected him so much since he left the Penguins.

Right now Jagr is top 25 in goals and top 50 in points. At 41. If Ovechkin and Steen didn't have 20 goals, Jagr would be 5 goals away from the lead. Just think about that.

Help and support Jagr and he will produce for yee.

Oh and Jagr is about to pass mario in points and assists also. Better watch the penguins vs devils games, hopefully mario won't send some players out there to prevent jagr from passing him!

Yeah it was a light joke. I am a Jagr supporter too and I find it amazing to see what he is doing at his age. He will tie and pass Yzerman and Messier. Also I believe he can get 700 goals if he is healthy, so he will get some more recognition. The 700 goal club is awfully hard to get in too. But hockey is a team sport and I wish the Devils will start clicking.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
I know I was checking nhl.com stat sheet and saw him on the first page. He is doing well in New Jersey.

2 goals away from being in the top 10 in goals and 2 points from being in the top 20 in scoring.

The scariest part is he gets better and better. I really think he will make a run for the top 10 in scoring and finish with 80 + Pts, his assists will go up once his teammates can start finishing his passes as they did on some of them tonight (Jagr could have had a 3 assists night had Zubrus hit the empty net).

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Bump Of The Year 2013

I would like to thank Jaromir Jagr for all his hard work an effort, equally I would like to thank David Clarkson for his suckiness. I would also like to thank my parents, my family and all my friends.

And most importantly all the Devils board posters on HFboards. Just about 2 and a half hours ago we were going to fire Deboer, now he is an elite coach . Truly a great group we have here.

Thank you :)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How about the dude that said Clarkson is the better player? A 50 year old Jagr wheelchair bound would be better than frickin Clarkson!:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would like to thank Jaromir Jagr for all his hard work an effort, equally I would like to thank David Clarkson for his suckiness. I would also like to thank my parents, my family and all my friends.

And most importantly all the Devils board posters on HFboards. Just about 2 and a half hours ago we were going to fire Deboer, now he is an elite coach .

Thank you :)
You know when the Leafs army finds it's way into that thread they're gonna point out how Clarkson has played in 10 fewer games!:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad