Jagr a Devil Part II: May be an Alien Edition

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I understand Jagr wanting to be moved if he is playing in a reduced role so he can at least be on a team with a chance to win in a reduced role, but I do hope he hasn't expected to be playing more because for the better part of the season he has not looked too good

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I understand Jagr wanting to be moved if he is playing in a reduced role so he can at least be on a team with a chance to win in a reduced role, but I do hope he hasn't expected to be playing more because for the better part of the season he has not looked too good

I think he just wants to play as much as someone will allow him. And i do think he wants to help this team too even if that means leaving.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia

He needs to take responsibility for his relatively poor play.

However, it's obviously been a real cluster**** of a season:

He started w/ Camm & Zajac... Zajac has sucked ass... and Camm was injured a few games in... so he played with Zajac & Zubrus (?), aka ZZzzzzz or ZZBottom... Camm came back, but has been in and out of the lineup (like most Devils' top 9 forwards)... briefly put Jagr & Henrique together, which showed some promise... Henrique hurt a couple times, then Jagr hurt... finally split up Jagr and Zajac shortly after Gomez was signed... Gomez and Jagr surprisingly clicked... Jagr takes head shot from Bortuzzo, then gets flu/mumps/?... Jagr returns and then he's put with Camm & Zubrus.

Despite his relatively poor play (compared to last season), missing time and not being full strength due to head shot & illnesses, and not much continuity/stability with linemates... he's leading the team in points and tied for second in goals.

Amazing stat: 2 PP points in last 3 months!

GhostofKenKlee

Montreal needs to give the Devils something good a pick and that Russian kid.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Does anybody not remember the deadline last year and how little teams were getting for veteran impending UFA's that were better than Jagr?

King's gave up a 2nd and a 3rd for the oft injured gab's who was in the midst of a pretty crappy 2 year stretch.

And many viewed him as a horrible fit. I think Dano was one of the few guys who thought he fit well.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
King's gave up a 2nd and a 3rd for the oft injured gab's who was in the midst of a pretty crappy 2 year stretch.

And many viewed him as a horrible fit. I think Dano was one of the few guys who thought he fit well.

I don't think teams look at it quite like that. He had 14 points in 22 games with CBJ before the trade (and he was healthy at the time of that trade), and 2nd/3rd round picks (and low ones at that) aren't not worth taking a risk on a guy with that type of upside.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Does anybody not remember the deadline last year and how little teams were getting for veteran impending UFA's that were better than Jagr?

Who? There weren't very many veteran forwards traded, Hemsky was probably the most comparable to Jagr

Ales Hemsky for 2014 5th-round pick and 2015 3rd-round pick

At the time of the trade Hemsky's numbers were:
2013-14 Edmonton Oilers NHL 55 9 17 26 -13

Take a look at all the deadline deals...
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675589

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Who? There weren't very many veteran forwards traded, Hemsky was probably the most comparable to Jagr

Ales Hemsky for 2014 5th-round pick and 2015 3rd-round pick

At the time of the trade Hemsky's numbers were:
2013-14 Edmonton Oilers NHL 55 9 17 26 -13

Take a look at all the deadline deals...
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675589

Moulson, Gaborik, and Vanek were the three that came to mind right away when I made that statement. Hemsky would qualify as well.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Moulson returned a ton in my opinion...McCormick was a throw in

Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick
for
Torrey Mitchell,
2014 2nd-round pick
2016 2nd-round pick

I think Gaborik's deal was spot on for oft injured, UFA that was really struggling with both the Rangers and the Blue Jackets that season. a 3rd, 2nd and player...Seems exactly correct and fair.

Vanek was a special situation and it was a special situation because the Islanders botched the initial trade from Buffalo by not doing better due diligence on the resign possibilities of Vanek.

I don't think any of those deals were light on the return except for the Vanek.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Moulson returned a ton in my opinion...McCormick was a throw in

Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick
for
Torrey Mitchell,
2014 2nd-round pick
2016 2nd-round pick

I think Gaborik's deal was spot on for oft injured, UFA that was really struggling with both the Rangers and the Blue Jackets that season. a 3rd, 2nd and player...Seems exactly correct and fair.

Vanek was a special situation and it was a special situation because the Islanders botched the initial trade from Buffalo by not doing better due diligence on the resign possibilities of Vanek.

I don't think any of those deals were light on the return except for the Vanek.
I'll give you Moulson. Not budging on Gaborik:)

Martian

Feb 3, 2014
Happy birthday Jaromir! 43 years today :)

I hope he stay in NHL for at least one more season, healthy and productive ;)

Last edited:

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I hope Jagr can score some goals, joke around and have some fun before he's traded.
Starting tomorrow night vs Buffalo.

***With his next goal, I think he ties or passes Phil Esposito for 5th all-time in goals scored.

Last edited:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I wish Jagr the best when/if he's traded. I enjoyed watching him play in NJ much more than I thought I would, I loved his jokes, and I respect him more as a person rather than just a player due to his time here. I'm happy he came and I got to see him play for my team. I just wish my team hadn't been so terrible when he played for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->