Confirmed with Link: Jacob Trouba arbitration award (1 year, 5.5 AAV)

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Boo him all you want. Throw oranges or an octopus at him. I'm sure it will hurt his feelings but he'll still work hard to win.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Boo him all you want. Throw oranges or an octopus at him. I'm sure it will hurt his feelings but he'll still work hard to win.

and exactly what makes you think he will work hard?

the fact he has sat out and gone to arbitration only proves he wants out of here.

if he plays hard I hope it is for another team.

see how safe he feels with buff and lowry, for only 2 examples, skating against him.

angrymnky

May 31, 2011
Winnipeg
A lot of hurt feelings here. Which I find kind of weird because it sure seems a fair number of fans side with the team over players. Everyone loves their players - until they don't play well, or sit out or ask for a trade or become a players rep and start making noise during a strike. Shut up and play seems to be the motto. Fair enough, people want a winning team and favorite players do not trump a cup. But if that's you as a fan, don't get all bent out of shape over what you think is disloyalty.

Here's how he could have handled it and achieve virtually the same result without upsetting the fans- the Jets offered him a 5 or 6 year contract worth 5.5 million per year, 2 years ago. Sign for 5 years with that money and then privately request a trade from Chevy.

What, like Kane? And what were a lot of people saying when it was brought up that Trouba might want out years ago? It was something like, it doesn't matter - we own him, he isn't going anywhere. Yeah that sounds like people concerned for what a player wants.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
It wouldn't surprise me if the ones whispering in Trouba's ear are neither Overhardt or his father but rather the NHLPA.

As I brought up earlier after reading the CBA rules on arbitration, the order of player arbitration cases is not random.

Trouba went first because the NHLPA choose him to go first. He got his $5.5 million 1 year deal & now Skeij is signing for $5.25 million & Ceci is asking for $6 million.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

(c) After the NHL and NHLPA have compiled the Player List, salary arbitrations shall be scheduled as follows:
  1. (i) The NHL and NHLPA shall flip a coin to determine which party shall begin the process set forth in subsection (ii) below.
  2. (ii) The party winning the coin-flip set forth in subsection (i) above shall select a Player from the Player List and shall assign such Player to a particular Salary Arbitrator on one of such Salary Arbitrator's available dates, as indicated on the Salary Arbitration Calendar. The other party will then follow the same process until every Player on the Player List for whom Central Registry has not yet received an executed SPC has been assigned a hearing date and a Salary Arbitrator. Once so assigned, a Player's hearing date and Salary Arbitrator may not thereafter be changed without the mutual consent of the NHL and the NHLPA

Reactions: ocdaddy

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
He will work hard. He will stop working stupid though and stop taking runs at power forwards coming over the blue line. Or maybe not.
He likes hitting people.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Look bottom line it all ads up to be that he’s an arrogant as#*#*#*. He doesn’t want to be here and his agent has overplayed his hand. He won’t recoup the lost money and I hope he gets stuck on a perennial loser and has to watch us win the cup!

Reactions: ocdaddy

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
Good to see all the hate for JT on this one. Glad it's over. He is just doing whats best for himself long term. He is also betting on himself, taking a big risk. He will likely have a great season.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
A monster season from Trouba with a long playoff run could fix a lot of issues.

It seems like some are done with him. I want him to have a monster season because it’s good for the Jets and can’t hurt his trade value. I would kill for a Cup and our team is one of the teams with a legit shot if things fall in place.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Is it true that if Trouba elects to go to arbitration again next summer that the Jets can again choose between a one or two year of what he’s awarded? Read that on the main boards. If so, the Jets essentially have him for 3 seasons???

Not that it matters as I believe he’ll be traded before he’d make it to his arbitration date.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Is it true that if Trouba elects to go to arbitration again next summer that the Jets can again choose between a one or two year of what he’s awarded? Read that on the main boards. If so, the Jets essentially have him for 3 seasons???

Not that it matters as I believe he’ll be traded before he’d make it to his arbitration date.

No. This year the Jets could pick 1 or 2 years because Trouba is 2 years away from being UFA. Next season when Trouba elects to go to arbitration again ( because he will ) he can only be given a 1 year ruling because he will be 1 year from being a UFA.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
A monster season from Trouba with a long playoff run could fix a lot of issues.
Isn't that what happened this year. Nothing is changing next year. I'm confident jets know exactly what he is worth and it is less than what trouba thinks he is worth.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Isn't that what happened this year. Nothing is changing next year. I'm confident jets know exactly what he is worth and it is less than what trouba thinks he is worth.

Trouba had a monster season?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Trouba had a monster season?
I was responding to the claim that if he had a monster season and the team did well he might change his mind and stay. Well the team finished in the final 4 and the analytics crowd says he is top 10 5v5 p/60 dman in league. So how much better can he who won't play on the PP and the team do then last year. Not to mention all the people that want to pay him 8x8 thought he had a monster season

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ya, I give up. He wont work hard at all this year. He is going to make sure he dogs it every shift so that he doesn't get hurt, that's the best way to maximize the most money. He literally won't try. He will just go through motions cause he doesn't want to be here. He has nothing to gain by trying. He will make sure to avoid injury at all cost. This makes the most sense!!!!

:sarcasm:

Reactions: ps241

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
People take sports way too seriously.

Because they spend hundreds to even thousands of hard earned dollars on it(seats, merchandise, particular television stations and etc) as a get away from work and priorities while these players make millions of dollars. People should be allowed to take these things serious.

Reactions: broinwhyteridge

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Because they spend hundreds to even thousands of hard earned dollars on it(seats, merchandise, particular television stations and etc) as a get away from work and priorities while these players make millions of dollars. People should be allowed to take these things serious.

I never said you weren't allowed to.

"A get away" from work that you then take as seriously than work. :eek:

If a co-worker wanted to maximize their earnings and ended up leaving the company to do it, would you get angry over it?

Considering the large amount of careers cut short due to injuries, you'd be a fool not to want to make as much as you can. He's not going to be doing this until he's 65.

Last I checked, he's still in a Jets uniform.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
So if/when the Jets win the Cup this year, can they hand it to #8 LAST?! (after the equipment managers, Wayne Flaherty, etc)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So if/when the Jets win the Cup this year, can they hand it to #8 LAST?! (after the equipment managers, Wayne Flaherty, etc)

That would be the last thing I would be thinking about if we win a cup this year. As long as he is a part of the team he can have the thing next after the captain for all I care......I will be way too Happy to be thinking about negative things.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I never said you weren't allowed to.

"A get away" from work that you then take as seriously than work. :eek:

If a co-worker wanted to maximize their earnings and ended up leaving the company to do it, would you get angry over it?

Considering the large amount of careers cut short due to injuries, you'd be a fool not to want to make as much as you can. He's not going to be doing this until he's 65.

Last I checked, he's still in a Jets uniform.

He's also not incapable of doing anything else at all to earn an income after his hockey career is over. Even with his thus far "limited" earnings he's so deep into the 1% of the earnings category that if he lived modestly he wouldn't actually have to work ever again in his life. No one should think a hockey player should be entitled to retire at 30-35 years of age and never work again, least of all a hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad