Confirmed with Link: Jacob Trouba arbitration award (1 year, 5.5 AAV)

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Are there any restrictions associated with arbitration that prevent the Jets from trading him or signing him long term?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Are there any restrictions associated with arbitration that prevent the Jets from trading him or signing him long term?
They can sign him in January to a long term deal. I believe he can be traded at any time.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The window is now.

Doesn't matter. At the end of the day the fans have to be able to enjoy and and be able to cheer for their players without feeling any type of way about it. And I think that is no longer possible for a sizable number of fans with Trouba (including me).

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Probably a bad idea, but I'm getting a couple of things out of my chest.

- Because the whole D corps is heavily affected by this, Chevy has to keep a significantly worse Myers now, meaning that a long-term deal is very likely before 7/2019. That's going to be an overpayment.
- Trouba gets traded before next July. That's ruining our blue line, but the guy wants out. No other options exist, realistically.
- Morrissey absolutely has to be locked up long term now. If that doesn't happen, Chevy deserves an F for this offseason.
- To all people who declared Trouba to be worth 6 long term despite the vast majority of proof stating otherwise, how much crow?

f*** this.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
We've been discussing this for weeks. Where have you been?

Been spending as little time here as I can.

Chevy still controls the market. He can trade him to one of the 30 other teams. The only thing is how much is Overhardt willing to play along with making this a mutually beneficial arrangement for both the client and the team? He effectively has a no trade clause with all 30 teams by stating whether his intent would be to re-sign with the team or not. There should be 30 GMs beating down his door right now. His first priority should be getting a long-term viable replacement for Trouba, because the Jets currently have nobody in their system around that age that's even close to carrying what Trouba does.

But please, tell us more about how you want to play Tyler Myers on his off hand, Maurice you dotard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Extend myers. Sign Trouba for 2 years and save having to give him raise next year. He will not sign extention next year that is obvious. Play him on left since he is our best option there and trade him at deadline in 2020. Then he could tell all his ufa suiters how many more points he would have scored if he played the PP and was used properly on the right side.

Reactions: DRC and ocdaddy

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He wants to keep Trouba because he fits into the plan of what they are doing here. The problem is Trouba does not want to be here, I think they gave him what he wanted last season and it still isn't enough.

I would be shocked to see him a Jet to start the season but and this is a big but, They have to get this deal right so that might hold things up. I think Chevy is a pretty shrewd negotiator when ti comes trades

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad